Chapter 42.5: Underground Spring IV (EXTRA)

The giant slime continues to burrow its way through the tunnel with Victor resting at its back.

Victor: Sweet. This is really convenient. Thanks big guy!

Victor (thinking): Come to think of it...Where is this thing even taking me? If I remember correctly, these slimes help Mr. Springbottom bring stuff from the surface. Could it be trying to bring me outside?

Victor:...

Victor (thinking): I still can't get behind the size of this thing. It still makes me nervous...It won't attack me right...? Will it suddenly suck me into its body and dissolve me like acid or something...?

Victor is briefly reminded of his encounter with the wanted slime in Pillberry, and it sucking the can that Sharon kicked at it into its body.

Victor sees something in the distance. As the figure gets clearer he sees a man suited in knightly armor, his face obscured behind a helmet and wielding a spear.

Victor (thinking): Is that another person?! Why is there somebody here?

Victor (thinking): Could it be an adventurer?! One that got lost just like us? What a coincidence!

Victor calls out to the person in armor: Hey–!!! Do you need help–?!!

The knight remains rigid and unresponsive. Victor continues to call out to the knight.

As they approach closer, the knight begins to move. It clamps its spear with the other hand. The torso shifts into a stance. The knight leaps into the air, raising its spear with both arms.

Victor: Huh–?

The knight brings its spear down onto the head of the giant slime, squishing it against the floor and stopping it in its tracks. The repulsive force of the slime's spongy body bounces Victor off of it.

Victor looks up to the knight: Wait...!

Victor: Hold on! Why did you attack us...?!

The knight silently raises its spear again, this time with the pointed tip aimed at the head of the dazed slime.

Victor: Wait! Don't! That slime isn't dangerous! It's friendly! It saved me!

The knight brings the spear down. Victor leaps forward to catch the spear in time.

Victor: What the heck's your problem...?! Why did you attack us like that?!

Knight: ....

Victor: Answer me! Why aren't you saying anything at all?!

The weight of the spear shifts and it becomes heavier.

Victor: Damn! He's putting more force into it! I can't hold on–!! – He says struggling to keep the spear in place.

In an act of desperation, Victor activates his steam gauntlet. He easily overpowers the knight, knocking him back. Using the momentum Victor swings his arm into the knight's chest. The knight gets knocked back and its head pops right off.

Victor: HUH??!

Victor: Oh no...!!!

The body of the knight flops lifelessly onto the ground, the head rolling besides it. Victor runs up and grabs the head.

Victor: Damn it! I didn't think I'd be this strong! I'm sorry!

Victor hears the sudden sound of footsteps behind him. He turns around to see another person adorned in adventuring equipment.