Chapter 42.6: Underground Hot Spring V (EXTRA)

Tatsuo and Mr. Springbottom has finally made it back to the top where the Moss Goliath have felled them. Mr. Springbottom leaps off of Tatsuo's back, giving out a straining grunt has he presses his hips forward with the sound of his back cracking.

Mr. Springbottom: Hhhrrnngh...! Whew~ That was quite the journey...It's unfortunate to have to see my hot springs in ruins like this... – He says broodingly with the remains of his property scattered in the hot spring ponds before him.

Mr. Springbottom (turning back to Tatsuo): But that sure was something kid! You did it! You actually got us back up here! I must say, that was probably the most impressive thing I've seen in my life!

Tatsuo: No worries. I'm sorry about what happened to your hot springs though.

Mr. Springbottom: Aye...I'm bummed about that too...But there's no use staying moping about it! That darn monster...!

Mr. Springbottom: Now I know about the hot springs located underneath here as well! But I'd have to find a way to get down there and back up...

Tatsuo: Before you do that, I could actually take you back up outside if you'd like.

Mr. Springbottom's face lights up.

Mr. Springbottom: Hm! Indeed, you could do that can't you?! Now that I've seen firsthand what you can do! I suppose it's about time I confronted Clara...I've been putting it off for so long, but it's better to meet her now than never again.

Tatsuo: Well, it shouldn't take too long for me to climb up this hole compared to the cliff we just scaled. Just let me know when you're ready.

Mr. Springbottom: Yeah...Just give me a moment...My body is still feeling stiff from earlier...

*Swapping scenes back to the rest of the group.

Victor and the group are currently engaging the Moss Goliath in combat. The group has already taken care of the controlled adventurers. Their bisected withered bodies lay scattered on the floor.

Sharon fires a magic casted arrow, combined with Windie's wind slicing attack. With windie's attack empowering it, the arrow shreds through the arm of the Moss Goliath, tearing it off its torso.

Sharon: Go! Now!

Victor begins to advance onto the monster. The Moss Goliath screeches out, and mushrooms with flowers on their head begin to pour around the group. Darren comes leaping in, aiding Victor in fending off the incoming mushroom swarm. Darren looks back to see the mushrooms beginning to swarm Sharon while she charges for her next attack. As he's about to backtrack, Windie swoops in defending Sharon. The mushrooms split into two from Windie's wind blades.

Darren (thinking): Looks like I won't have to worry too much in protecting her...That thing is pretty darn strong...! It also quickly took down those human corpses just like that too...!

Queenie draws her staff from her back and begins to sparingly pelt the mushrooms coming after her with simple mana bolts. A mushroom brushes past and slams itself against Queenie's back. Sharon catches Queenie dropping to the floor.

Sharon: Oh no! Windie, go help Queenie! I'll be fine here!

Queenie (thinking): ...I made a grave miscalculation...! I intended to get hit on purpose...But for some reason I'm starting to get really drowsy...! Was it because I got hit by the mushroom...? Perhaps this was how the Moss Goliath managed to get its human's hosts enough exposure to spread its infection...

Victor: What's going on over there?

Darren: I don't know! But it doesn't look good! I'm going back for support, you can stay alive by yourself in the meantime, yeah?