Chapter 50: Aflamed Rage

A fiery scene takes place, flames roaring as plumes of smoke fills the air. A young boy covered in wounds cries at the center of it all. The boy hiccups repeatedly, unable to contain his woeful tears. A pair of blood stained hands reach out to the boy, caressing his face and capturing his attention. The boy grabs onto one of the hands, clutching to it oh so dearly. A feminine voice speaks to him, "why the long face?"

Her voice was weak and feeble, but to the boy, her words rang in his ears. It overpowered the sound of the falling charred debris crashing around him. It seemed as if the world around him was falling apart. Her voice begins to trail off as the scene begins to fog and fade away.

Female voice: Don't feel sad...It wasn't your fault...

Female voice: So could you please smile for me...

Female voice: ...Tatsuo?

Tatsuo's eyes abruptly open wide, snapping awake from his dream. He slowly sets himself up, processing the reality around him. He sits on his bed in a trance. His body begins heating up with guilt bubbling inside of him. Settled next to him on his bed is the stony structure that he bought at the auction house.

Somebody knocks on his door, distracting him from his thoughts. He tells the person to come in. Darren emerges from the door.

Darren: You're still in bed again?

Tatsuo: ...Yeah.

Darren: Everyone is all ready. We're waiting for you downstairs.

Tatsuo: Kay.

As Tatsuo changes his clothes, Darren asks if he is feeling alright. Tatsuo reassures him that he is. The two then head downstairs where the rest of the group is waiting for them.

Darren: Just like we thought, he was sleeping.

Queenie: Again, huh...

Victor: That's like, six days in a row already.

Sharon: You know...You've been sleeping a lot more recently. You've basically become like Darren. Maybe even worse.

Victor: I already said it, it's that rock thing that Tatsuo bought. He even said it himself.

Tatsuo: What can I say? I've come to appreciate sleeping a lot more.

Darren nods his head in approval, "Finally. Someone that gets it."

Sharon: Well, it's fine. It gives me time to look through the guild updates.

Victor: Yeah, you've been fiddling around with that badge everyday ever since you found out about it.

Sharon taps the guild badge, activating it, "It's just so useful! This thing provides so much information! Suddenly it feels as if the whole world has opened up to me! There's actually an update article today about that magic crystal guy we met at the auction house! Shucks...I can't believe I missed the opportunity to ask him about the Mardi Gracia...!"

Victor: Woah, really?

Darren: The heck's he been doing to be featured on the news.

Sharon slides her finger across the holographic screen: Apparently he and his group are here to promote their technology, and help develop some of the towns here in Irene! Red Velvet now has a guild hub, and they've been promoting their brand of communication devices!

Victor: Oh! Is it the phone?

Sharon: Yeah! The cellphone to be exact. They've even fitted some cities with a new type of clothing line! It looks exactly like the same thing both Darren and Queenie wears!