Chapter 6: Goodbye and Welcome

*The day Geld was created.

Becca is sifting through books in the guild hub's underground records. A small candle lamp lights up her reading space. She flips through the pages of the book in front of her in discontent.

Becca: Hmm... Nothing here either...

The sound of a contraption clicks at the corner of the room. Becca hears the creaks of the basement stairs dropping down. Another receptionist comes walking down. It is the same one that Tatsuo and friends turned in their papers to get their guild officiated.

Receptionist: Becca?

Becca: Ah, Elena...

Elena cheerfully walks up to Becca. Her body leans over Becca's shoulder to take a glimpse of what Becca is looking at. She asks what Becca is looking for.

Becca discloses her search for the person named Veloren Aund Gerfuden. She asks Elena if she knew of a sort person under that name. Elena, however, knows of no such person. In fact, she found the name itself to be strange, as it sounded unnatural.

Elena prods Becca by asking her why she's searching for this person. Becca's head is riddled with the inconsistencies of Veloren's existence. These were thoughts she could not simply shake off.

Becca: ...No nothing, it's just my own curiosity. I thought I could find more down here but I guess not...

Elena: Heh~...You're doing your own personal info collection? Now you've got me curious as well.

Becca: No it's probably nothing. It was just a matter that I couldn't get out of my head.

Elena puffs her cheeks with her tongue sticking out.

Elena: Boo~!! Well, remember to lock up the basement yeah?

Becca: Ah yeah, no worries. I won't be here much longer...

Elena goes back upstairs and the stairs close. Becca lets out a stressful sigh.

Becca: Besides that one archived file, there's really nothing else... I guess that's it then...

Becca reaches out to grab the basement keys but the keys slip, surprising her. They slide across the floor upon hitting the ground into a dark, obscure corner of the room. Before getting up to fetch the keys, she comments to herself about how clumsy she is. Walking over, Becca notices an unfamiliar box located right next to the keys.

Becca: That's...

Becca goes through the box.

Becca (thinking): If I remember correctly it's just a bunch of old things like antiques and collectibles...

Becca grabs a letter.

Becca: A letter?

Becca's eyes widen.

Becca: ...What? For Veloren...?!

Becca (thinking): No way...why is this here...?! And it's from the Ars Army no less...!

Becca begins to read its contents. Her pupils trail along darting back and forth. Her eyes grew larger the more she read until finally, she got to the end.

Becca: This...!

*Present time in the streets of Pillberry.

Victor finally got his hands on a map.

Victor: Ah finally~! A map...! Now I can go back home~!

Victor turns to face Sharon and Tatsuo.

Victor: Well, we've had our ups and downs...But truth be told, I had a lot of fun with you guys! I wish the best of luck for you two and your journey!