Chapter 39

Previously on Chapter 38

"I love you too... of course I said yes. You mean so much to me, Sanemi..." I said. He smiles and leans in, gently placing his lips against mine. I scoot closer to him as I slowly wrap my arms around his neck. I tilt my head to the side so I can deepen the kiss. He hugs me tighter as we continue to kiss. This man is truly everything to me.

-Something Precious-

Y/N P.O.V

The rest of the Hashiras are all happy about the news that Sanemi and I are now engaged. Mitsuri is the most excited one among them. But that's to be expected as she is the Love Hashira. Anything related to love will always lighten up her excitements.

I have a bouquet of flowers in my hands, walking with Sanemi next to me as he held D/N in his arms. We make our way across the rocky pathway of the cemetery. We're paying a visit to Kyou-Chan. A lot has been happening in my life that I haven't been able to visit him. It's been a while since I paid him a visit.

Soon, we finally reach his tomb. I smile sadly as I stare at his name written on the stone. I walk forward and leans down, gently placing the bouquet of flower in front of the stone.

"Hello, Kyou-Chan... it's been a while, huh? I'm sorry for not visiting you sooner" I said, smiling softly at his tombstone. Sanemi moves to kneel down next to me. I turn to look at him and smiles. I turn my gaze to the tombstone again. I hold my hands together as I close my eyes. I start to send a prayer for him up there in heaven.

"A lot of things have been going on after you died. I don't know if you're watching me from up there. But, what I can say is... it's been hard. Getting taken away, a-and..." I said, trailing off. I turn my head to look at D/N who's asleep in Sanemi's arms. I shake my head. No... I shouldn't be saying that. Not in front of D/N. I take a deep breath to calm myself. A soft smile forms on my lips.

"But things works out in the end. Like you always said to me. I set my heart ablaze and moved forward... just like what you would've wanted for me. Right, Kyou-Chan?" I said, in a soft voice. I turn to Sanemi and gently grabs his hand. He entwined our hands together. "I'm getting married, Kyou-Chan... to Sanemi. And I'm here to ask for your blessing. I'm finally happy... but I can't deny that I do miss you, Kyou-Chan... but I'm gonna be okay now. So you don't have to worry about me, okay? And you don't have to worry about me forgetting about you, because no matter what... you'll always be in my heart" I said.

I'm glad... a voice said. I blink my eyes as I look around. My eyes eventually landed on a translucent form. My eyes widen when I realize it's Kyou-Chan. A soft smile is presence on his face. It breaks my heart to witness what you've been going through. What that demon had done to you. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to keep you safe. But I'm glad to know that you're going to be okay. You're really strong. I'm so proud of you... he said. I feel tears starts gathering in my eyes. His eyes soften at the sight.

He walks over to me. He leans down, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. I can feel his lips on my skin. He let his lips linger, allowing me to savor the feeling. He moves back a little and smiles softly. He lift his hand, cupping my cheeks and I can feel the warmth as if he's actually here.

Of course you have my blessing to marry him. I know he's going to treat you right, because I've been watching over you from my spot here. How hard he tried to find you and rescue you. How hard he tried to keep you by his side. I know you're in the right hand. I love you, my love... he said.

"I love you too, Kyou-Chan..." I muttered. He gives me a close-eyed smile. I watch as his form slowly disappears from my sight. I turn my head to look at Sanemi to see him staring at me with confusion. "I saw him, Sanemi. I saw Kyou-Chan. He gave us his blessings" I said.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm glad..." he said, giving me a soft smile. He turn his head to look at Kyou-Chan's tomb. "You don't have to worry about Y/N, Rengoku. I will take good care of her. I swear on my life. Because to me... she means everything" he said, turning his head to look at me. I smile softly at what he said.

I turn my head to look at the horizon. "We should head back. The sun is setting" I said. Sanemi nods his head in agreement. I turn my head to look at the tombstone. "We'll be taking my leave now, Kyou-Chan. I'll visit again" I said. We slowly move to stand up. I turn to look at Sanemi. He offers his free hand as the other one is carrying D/N. I gently place my hand on top of his. The two of us begins making our way back to our shared house.

***

After a while of walking, we finally reach our home. I slide the door open, allowing Sanemi enters. We make our way to D/N's room. Sanemi gently lays her down on her bed. I take a seat on the edge of the bed. Looking at her, reminds me of what happened to me. But even so, I can't bring myself to hate her because no matter how I look at it, she's still my my flesh and blood. That makes her precious for me.

I lean down and place a soft kiss on her forehead. "Sleep well, honey..." I whispered. I stand up and walks out of the room with Sanemi following behind, sliding the door shut. We make our way towards our room.

"It's getting late. We should sleep too" Sanemi said. I lift my arms as I yawn softly. Sanemi let out a chuckle as he reaches down, placing his hands behind my knees and on my back. I wrap my arms around his neck as he picks me up.

In our room, he gently lays me down on the futon. He lays down next to me and pulls me close. "Tomorrow is finally the day..." he said. I turn my head to look at him. He turn his head to look at me. He gently brush some strands of my hair behind my ear. "The day I'll change your name into Shinazugawa Y/N... and you're gonna be my lovely wife" he said. I blush at what he said. He smiles softly at me. He leans down. "I love you..." he whispered. He closes the gap as he gently presses his lips against mine. I close my eyes as I gently kiss him back.

"I love you too, Sanemi..." I said, after we pull away. He place a kiss on my forehead and pulls me close. I lean my head against his chest. I close my eyes as I let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*