Chapter 29

Previously on Chapter 28

"Of course... I'll always be there for her" I said. I hug her closer and places a soft kiss on her forehead. "I've failed to protect her once. I will not fail again" I said. My voice is filled with determination. I promise, Y/N... I'll protect you better.

-It Will Be Alright-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit on the bed, staring at the closed curtain. My mind is still wondering what happened the other day. How is it possible for me to gain more memories after letting myself get exposed to the sun.

I want to try again, but I feel terrified. But what if I ended remembering something bad? Should I just leave my memories as it is? At least I've remembered Sanemi and the others... the people who are important to me.

The voice inside my head. How desperate I sounded. It lets me know that it was a bad memories. I'm terrified to remember what happened to me in that memories. Each time I close my eyes, I can feel the fear I felt. It's the only thing stopping me from trying to remember what had happened.

"Hey..." someone said. I turn my head to see Sanemi as he stands by the open door. He have a slight frown on his face as he stares at me. "Don't even think about letting yourself get expose to the sun. Your burns still haven't fully healed yet" he said. He looks like he's scolding me.

I just give him a small smile. He let out a sigh and walks closer to me. He take a seat on the edge of the bed. I scoot closer to his side, gently placing my head on his shoulder. He wrap his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his side.

"Nemi..." I said, breaking the lingering silence. He let out a soft hum, to let me know he's listening. I pull my head away slightly to look at him. He turn his head to look at me. "I'm scared... there's yet a few memories I haven't recovered. But I'm scared to remember them" I said. He lift his hand to cup my cheeks.

"Don't force it..." he said in a soft voice. I lean my face into his touch. He places a soft kiss on my forehead. "I will always be here with you no matter what. If you do remember. I'll help you get through it. I promise" he said. I close my eyes as he gently caress my cheek. I move closer to his side, placing my head on his chest.

"I love you, Sanemi..." I said. He tighten his arms around me. I snuggle closer to his side. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. He moves his body to lay down with me in his arms. I close my eyes, listening to his heartbeat. His hand running through my hair soothingly.

"I love you too, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly to myself. I close my eyes. Being in his arms truly makes me feel calm and safe. I don't ever want to part ways with him.

I cover my mouth as I start to yawn softly. Sanemi let out a soft chuckle as I play with my hair. "Are you tired?" He asked. I just nod my head. He tighten his arms around me. "Go on and sleep..." he whispered in a gentle voice, luring me deeper.

"I don't want to... each time I did. I will always dream the same thing" I said. He frowns at what I said. I just stare into his eyes. I lean up and place a kiss against his lips. He cup the side of my cheek as he deepens his kiss.

He moves a little so he's hovering me. I feel one of his hand slipping inside my shirt. I gasp and quickly pushes him off. "N-No!" I said. Sanemi sits up as he stares at me with a surprise expression. I shut my eyes tightly as I see flashes of image in my head.

Vision

I'm laying on a bed. Someone is hovering above me. I keep on crying out, wanting the person to get off. But he wouldn't budge. His hand is pinning my arms above my head while his other hand slips inside my shirt.

"Stop!! Let me go. P-Please..." I pleaded. He didn't listen as he forcefully removed my top. I place my hands on his chest to try and push him off. "S-Stop..." I cried out. I shut my eyes tightly as he continues.

He lowers his head, placing his lips against my neck. He starts to place open mouth kisses along my neck. I shiver at the feeling of his lips on my skin. I keeps on crying and begging him to stop... to let me go.

End of Vision

"No... no no no" I cried out, covering my ears. My mind starts to get filled with the memories of what happened. I remember what had happened to me. What the Upper Moon 3 had done. I shut my eyes tightly while shaking my head, not wanting to recall what happened.

I flinch when I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Hey... it's okay. It's me, Y/N" a soothing voice said. I turn my head to see Sanemi. My vision blurred with tears. He slowly reached out to me as if he didn't want to startle me.

He finally wrap his arms around me when he notices I didn't move away. I clutch his shirt as I start to cry. He tighten his arms around me. I bury my face into the crook of his neck as I hold onto him tightly.

"I remember, Sanemi... I remember what he did" I cried out. I sobbed loudly as I cling onto him, desperate for his comfort. "That Upper Demon. He... he r*ped me. I... I feel so used..." I said.

Sanemi P.O.V

Kocho is right. She did ended up worse after regaining what happened. That bastard... I'll make him pay for what he had done to Y/N. How dare he touched her?! I'm going to kill that son of a b*tch, and I'll make sure to make his death as painful as possible.

I hear a soft snore coming from Y/N. I pull away slightly to look at her. She have fallen asleep. There are still some tears in her eyes. I lift my hand, gently wiping them away. I place a soft kiss on her forehead as I hold her close.

I'm sorry for not protecting you better, Y/N. But don't worry, I'll never let you out of my sight ever again. I will protect you better. I swear on my life. That bastard won't get to you again... I'll make sure of it.

*to be continued*