Chapter 28

Previously on Chapter 27

I feel my body relaxing as he gently held me close. I slowly close my eyes as I scoot closer to his side. His arm tightening slightly around me. The feeling of his arm makes me feel safe. It's different from when Akaza held me. It seems like he's not lying when he said we're in love with each other.

I want to remember...

-Missing Fragments-

Y/N P.O.V

Despite being surrounded by these people who are all human, I don't feel the urge to hurt them. I just don't have it in me to kill or devour them. It makes me feel like I'm just an ordinary human just like them. It's just so weird, since I thought the first instinct demons have would kill and devour human.

I stare at the close curtains, knowing that behind it was the sunlight. I slowly stand up and walk towards it. I bit my lips nervously. Demons can't get expose to sunlight. Which is why Akaza never let me steps out when it's daylight. I know the effect it had on demons. But I'm also curious what it feels like. I know I'm being stupid.

I slowly reaches out to grab the curtain. I yank it open, letting the sunlight enters the room. I let out a scream as my body feels like it's burning.

I quickly close the curtain again as I drop on the floor

I quickly close the curtain again as I drop on the floor. I breathe heavily as I feel the wounds on my body starts to heal again. The feeling of getting burn by the sunlight is truly painful.

Vision

I'm standing in front of a tombstone. The words written on it said Rengoku Kyoujuro. I realize that I was crying, as I move to kneel down as I place a bouquet of flowers.

"Kyou-Chan... why did you leave me so soon?" I heard myself said. I cover my face as my body starts to shake as I keep on crying.

End of Vision

"Kyou-Chan? Who's that?" I mumbled softly to myself. I wince in pain as I hold onto my head. Flashes of images starts appearing in my head one after another. They're all about a boy with yellow to red hair, the color of flame.

I feel tears starts to stream down my cheeks as I realize who Kyou-Chan is. Rengoku Kyoujuro... my fiancé. The man I lost in the hand of Akaza.

I realize that my memories starts coming back after I got expose to sunlight. I turn my head to look at the close curtains again. I wonder if I let myself expose to the sun, would that make my memories return?

I move to stand up and yank the curtain open once more. In an instant, the same burning sensation starts again. I let out a pained cry as I drop on the ground. I shut my eyes tightly as I bit my lips. I feel my head getting heavier as flashes of images starts coming.

Most of the memories I gained back are of the boy that have been accompanying me since the first day I got here. I breathe heavily as I slowly remove my hands from my head, placing it on the ground as I decide to embrace the memories that are slowly coming back.

I can feel tears gathering in my eyes as I finally recognize him. I close my eyes as I let the tears streams down my cheeks. I remember him now. Shinazugawa Sanemi... my dear boyfriend.

The door to the room suddenly opens. I turn my head slightly to see it's Sanemi. His eyes widened as he stares at me in horror. He quickly rushes towards the curtain and slides it shut.

"Are you out of your mind, Y/N?? You could've died!" He yelled at me as he starts scolding me for what I had done. He kneels down on the ground. "Oh God... look at you. You're covered in burns. Just what are you thi-" he stops mid-sentence as I throw my arms around him. I bury my face in his chest as I start to cry harder.

"Nemi... I-I'm s-so sorry" I cried out. His body tenses up at what I said. I bury my face deeper in his chest as I keep on crying. "I'm so sorry for taking so long to remember" I said.

"Y-You... y-you remember?" He said. I pull away to look at him. I smile softly and nod my head. Tears starts to roll down his cheeks as he lift his hand to cup my cheeks. "I-Is this r-real?" He said.

"Yes, Sanemi... I remember now. I remember everything. I remember you... I remember everyone. I'm so sorry. You must be hurting, right?" I said. He choke out a sob as he quickly pulls me into a tight embrace. He buries his face into the crook of my neck, as he starts to cry.

"Thank goodness... thank goodness you finally remember me, Y/N. Thank goodness!" He cried out as he places a hand on my head, tangling his fingers through my hair. I slowly wrap my arms around his torso as I let him cry.

"I'm sorry for taking so long, Sanemi..." I said. He pulls away to look at me and cups my cheeks. He gently leans his forehead against mine. I close my eyes as he held my face tenderly.

"You remember... that's all that matters, Y/N" he said. I just smile at what he said. He pulls away slightly to look at me. His face slowly comes closer. I close my eyes as I feel his lips tenderly placed against mine. I tilt my head slightly as I kiss him back.

He wrap his arms around me as his kiss becomes more deeper. I know my lips might turn blue after this kiss. But I just let him, knowing things must have been hard after knowing I that lost my memories.

He slowly pulls away as we try to regain our breathing. "I love you, Y/N... I promise to protect you better" he said. I just smile softly at what he said. I wrap my arms around his neck. I place my chin on his shoulder.

"I know you will, Sanemi... I love you too" I said. Tears starts falling from my eyes. I can't believe I had forgotten about him. I'm so glad that I finally remember him. But, there are some memories that are still unclear, and for some reasons... I'm terrified to remember them.

S-Stop... please l-let me g-go... the voice in my head said. My eyes snap open as I pull away from Sanemi. He looks startled by my sudden move. I notice his lips moving but I can't seem to ear anything. N-No... d-don't... the voices said.

Sanemi P.O.V

Y/N suddenly pulls away from my arms. I stare at her in surprise. "Is there something wrong?" I asked, worriedly. She didn't seem to hear my voice. She cover her ears as she shakes her head.

"N-No... s-stop..." she begged. She shuts her eyes tightly as she keeps on crying. I place my hand on her shoulder. She flinched and backed away from me. "D-Don't..." she cried out.

She suddenly starts to scream. I don't know what to do as she seems so terrified. The door to the room slams opens. I turn my head to see Kocho. She stares at Y/N for a few seconds before turning to look at me.

"Don't just stand there... do something!" I said. She's quick to move after I said that. She rush towards the counter to grab a syringe. She walks towards Y/N who jerks away after she hold her. I hold her down, giving Kocho a hand so she can inject the serum.

Her body slowly calms down. I held her close as she start to cry. "N-No..." she breathed out weakly. Her body went limp as she slowly loses her consciousness.

"This is bound to happen, Shinazugawa-San..." Kocho said. I turn my head to look at her. She focus on Y/N. She gently caress her cheek and turn to look at me. "If she remember what had happened to her. What that demon had done. Her mentality would break even more. So make sure you'd be there for her all the time, alright?" Kocho said. I just nod my head. I turn my head to look at Y/N, as I stare at her worriedly.

"Of course... I'll always be there for her" I said. I hug her closer and places a soft kiss on her forehead. "I've failed to protect her once. I will not fail again" I said. My voice is filled with determination. I promise, Y/N... I'll protect you better.

*to be continued*