Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

My heart still can't let go of Kyou-Chan. But I know he'd want me to continue with my life. So for him, I will do that... I'll try to continue living to the fullest for Kyou-Chan.

-He Would Understand-

Y/N P.O.V

I can leave the Hospital Ward since I'm sure that Sanemi-San is alright. I'm on my way to the Rengoku Residence, since I promised Senjuro that I'd visit him once I returned from the mission. I hope he'd forgive me for showing up late since the promise I made is that I'd visit him as soon as I'm back. But I was worrying about Sanemi-San when he was still unconscious.

I notice the boy sweeping the floor as soon as the house is within my line of sight. "Senjuro!" I called out. He stops sweeping and turn to his head to my voice. His eyes lit up when he realize it's me.

"Nee-San!!" He yelled out, dropping the broom as he rush towards me. I smile softly at him and spread my arms, welcoming him in my embrace. He wrap his arms around my torso. I let out a soft giggle as I place on of my hand on his head.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come to you as soon as I returned. I was... worrying about Sanemi-San" I said. He shakes his head, assuring me that he's okay with it. I just smile at his understanding. I tighten my arms around his smaller form, making him snuggle closer to me.

"I'm just glad you're okay, Née-San" he said, making me smile. Senjuro has always been like a brother to me. Even long before I started going out with Kyou-Chan. It won't change the way I see him even after Kyou-Chan's passing. Senjuro will always be like a brother to me... no matter what.

***

"Here... your tea, Nee-San" Senjuro said, placing a cup in front of me. I smile softly at him as he sits across from me. He returns my smile with his own. "How did your joint mission go?" He asked.

I let out a sigh and look down at my lap. "Sanemi-San and I came across the demon that murdered Kyou-Chan" I said. I hear a shaky gasp coming from Senjuro. I turn my head to look at him. "We couldn't do much because he was too strong. In the end, Sanemi-San is the one who protected me. I can't help but feel like a burden. If I had gone with Kyou-Chan... I don't think I'd be able to do much. I'll only slow him down..." I said.

"No... Nee, San. Don't say that..." Senjuro said, shaking his head with a deep frown on his face. "Ani-Ue wouldn't want to hear you say those words about yourself. He'd be upset if he knows how you're talking down on yourself. So please don't talk like that..." he said. I just give him a weak smile. I lift my hand and wipe away the tears that managed to slip out of my eyes.

I reach out and grab the cup, slowly drinking the tea. "Hey, Nee-San... can I ask you something?" Senjuro said, in a soft voice. I lower the cup from my lips and look at him. I nod my head making him give me a small smile. "That Shinazugawa-San... he looks like he's in love with you. I... I don't know much about love. But the way he looks at you is just like how my brother looks at you... he's in love with you, right?" He said.

"Yeah... he is, and he did asked me to give him a chance" I said. I let out a sigh as I lower my gaze to look at the cup in my hands. "I have agreed to give him a chance. But I don't know... deep in my heart, I feel like I'm betraying your brother" I said.

Senjuro scoots closer so he's sitting in front of me. He place his hands on mine, which are still holding the cup. I turn my head to look at him. He smiles softly at me.

"Nee-San. It's okay... my brother would want you to be happy. He loves you dearly. He wouldn't want to see you upset. So if being with Shinazugawa-San is the answer to that, then you should be with him and don't worry about Ani-Ue... he would understand and be happy for you" he said, smiling softly at me.

"Y-You really t-t-think so?" I asked, my voice cracking a little. He smiles and nods his head. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. Senjuro scoots closer to me, wrapping his arms around me. I instantly wrap my arms around him as a respond to his comforting gesture.

Time-Skip

I stand in front of the gate with Senjuro. I haven't seen his father for a while. I figured he must be in his room. After all, he just lost his oldest son. It must be harder for him than it is for me.

"I'll be taking my leave now, okay? I have to make sure Sanemi-San had his dinner..." I said. Senjuro smiles at me and nods his head. I lift my hand, gently placing it on top of his head. "I'll visit often if I'm not busy with my missions, alright?" I said.

"Okay, Nee-San. Please be careful no matter where you are" he said. From his tone, I can tell that he's worried about my well-being, and I don't blame him. With the position I have as the new Flame Hashira... I'd be going on more dangerous missions.

"I will, Senjuro..." I said. He smiles sadly at me and wrap his arms around me. I wrap my arms around his smaller body, gently running my hand through his hair. I place a soft kiss on top of his head. "I'll get going now..." I said.

He slowly pulls away from me and smiles at me. I gently ruffle his head making him let out a quiet laugh. I slowly lower my hand, giving him one last smile and finally turn my body around as I start to make my way back to the Butterfly Estate.

Ani-Ue would want you to be happy. I'm sure that he would understand and he'd be happy for you, Nee-San... Senjuro's words keeps circling around my head. I turn my head to look at the sky. I can almost see Kyou-Chan's face as he smiles at me.

Please be happy, Y/N

Please be happy, Y/N... even if it's not with me... his voice echoed in my head. Tears starts to roll down my cheeks. I look down as I let myself cry.

I feel warmth around my body like an embrace. Be happy... a voice whispered softly in my ear. I open my eyes and look around. But no one is there. I know that voice belonged to Kyou-Chan. He's trying to make sure I will be alright. He's still watching over me.

A small smile starts to frown on my lips. I slowly lift my hand and gently wipe my tears away. I look up at the sky once again as a my smile widens a little to a more sincere smile.

I will try to be happy, Kyou-Chan...

*to be continued*