Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

A small smile starts to frown on my lips. I slowly lift my hand and gently wipe my tears away. I look up at the sky once again as a my smile widens a little to a more sincere smile.

I will try to be happy, Kyou-Chan...

-You're Worth It-

Y/N P.O.V

I make my way to the Hospital Ward, where Sanemi-San is still resting. The whole way there, my mind is occupied by thoughts. One of them is about how things would be if I do give Sanemi-San a chance.

What if I failed in falling for him? I'd ended up hurting his heart. Even so, he didn't seem to care about that chance and still wants to be with me. No matter what I said, and despite my warning that I might fail at falling for him. He said he's fine with it... saying that it's a risk he's willing to take as long as I'm willing to give him a chance to be with me.

I look up, realizing I'm already standing in front of the Hospital Ward. I take a deep breath. I lift my hand, placing it on the door knob. I push the door open and make my way inside.

Sanemi-San is still laying on the bed, and he seem to be sound asleep. A soft smile appear on my lips as I make my way over to the chair. I take a seat on top of it and stare at Sanemi-San's peaceful face. I'm glad to see him in a better condition. His face looks relaxed and without a sign of pain.

Sanemi-San may be cold and rude to others. But none of them sees the real him like I do. The real Sanemi-San is caring and loving. That's what he is to me.

He slowly moves in his sleep. His eyes slowly open as he turn his head to look at me. "Oh, Y/N... you're back" he said. I smile softly at him. He slowly move to sit up. I quickly get up from my seat to help him get into a more comfortable sitting position. I adjust the pillow for him to lean on.

"How's your visit to Rengoku's brother?" He said. I just smile at him, to let him know it was good. He smiles softly at me. "Good to know..." he said. He looks down at my hand. He reach over and gently grab it. He gently pulls on me, signaling that he wants me to sit closer.

I get up and take a seat on the edge of the bed, making him smile. He lift my hand closer to his lips and places a soft kiss on the back of my hand. He let his lips linger against my skin, while closing his eyes.

"I love you..." he whispered softly. I open my mouth to say something. But I can't say it. Sanemi-San opens his eyes to look at me, noticing my struggle. He smiles softly at me while gently caressing the back of my hand with his thumb. "Don't force it if you can't say it yet. It's alright" he said.

My eyes soften at how caring and understanding he's being towards me. "Thank you, Sanemi-San..." I said. He smiles at me, nodding his head. I look down at my hand which is now resting on his lap, still entwining with his. "Have you had your lunch, Sanemi-San?" I asked.

"I had..." he said, nodding his head. I hum softly and nod my head. Sanemi-San smiles softly at me. The sight of his smile is warming and comforting. But I still can't help but worry about the 'what if's.' I lower my gaze to look down at my lap. "Is everything okay, Y/N?" Sanemi-San asked.

"I'm just a little... worried" I said, in a hushed voice. But he seem to still be able to hear me. I feel a hand on the side of my cheek, gently tilting my head until my eyes meet with a pale of lilac eyes.

"Why are you worried?" He asked. I bit my lips as he stares at me with concern. His hand gently caress my cheek. I lift my hand, placing it on top of his as I lean more on his hand.

"What if... I failed at opening my heart for you?" I said, my voice cracks a little at the fact. I feel tears streams down my cheeks. "I don't want you hurt you, Sanemi-San. I can't help but asked myself ever since you confessed to me..." I said. He just stares at me as he waits for me to speak again.

"I asked myself... why? Why did you fall for someone like me? When you could have fallen for a better girl. A girl who's heart is healthy. You are an amazing person, Sanemi-San. Any girl would be really lucky to have you..." I said. Sanemi-San's eyes soften at what I said.

I bit my lips as I try to control my emotions. "I'm no one special. So... w-why me? I'm just a girl with a broken heart... a girl with a glass heart. By being with me... you could get hurt. I... I don't. I don't deserve you, Sanemi-San" I said. I feel my body getting pulled into a tight hug. My chin is placed on his shoulder.

"Please don't say that about yourself... everything you said about yourself isn't true. You deserve me... all of me. And you're special to me" he whispered in a soft voice. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head, and a hand gently running through my hair. "This love I have for you didn't just came out of nowhere, Y/N. My love for you comes naturally after I get to know just how much of an amazing girl you are. How caring you are to others. How selfless you can be when it comes to helping others. Y/N... you are amazing" he said. I wrap my arms around his torso, moving a little so my head is leaning against his chest.

"I don't care how broken your heart is, because I will fix it and make it better" he said. He pulls away to look at me, lifting his hand to cup my cheeks. "I will try to fix you... because I love you" he said.

"Sanemi-San..." I breathed out, my voice cracks a little. He smiles softly at me. He gently place a soft kiss on my forehead. He let his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes, appreciating his gentle and loving gesture. It feels like all my doubts is slowly being washed away. Maybe... just maybe, I can find happiness with him. Kyou-Chan... am I making the right choice?

*to be continued*