Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

Eventually, my body starts to get tired from all the crying. My breathing ragged and shallow. I close my eyes as I just let myself drift off to sleep. My heart hoping that I will be able to find Y/N again. Y/N...

I need you...

-Desperation-

Sanemi P.O.V

The search continues. But no matter where we try to look for. We can't seem to find any clue about Y/N's location. I feel even more restless as days goes by. I miss her so much and I just want her to be back in my arms again.

I even started wearing Y/N's necklace around my neck. I don't even care if the necklace is girly or if anyone makes fun of me for it. It's the only way for me to feel somewhat calm. It's my drive to keep going in this search. Just the thought that I'd find her... is the reason I still have hope.

I stand by the cliff, breathing heavily. Today is just another day of me trying to look for my girlfriend. I clench my hands into tight fists as I stare into the distance.

"Oh, Y/N... where are you, baby? Please give me a sign. Anything... anything that can help me find you again. I need you, Y/N..." I pleaded as I turn my head to look at the sky. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks as the rain starts pouring. "PLEASE COME BACK TO ME, Y/N!!" I yelled out.

I drop on my knees as I start to cry harder. Please... just give me back my girlfriend. I don't need anything else. I just need her to be back, safe and sound. That's all I need right now.

3rd P.O.V

Two Kakushi are walking around in the forest when they hear a loud scream. They flinched at the sound, only to relax when they recognize the voice as the Wind Hashira. They turn to look at each other, sharing a look of worry before they rush towards the source of sound.

By the time they reach the spot, they found the white hair Hashira unconscious under the heavy rain. His body is near the cliff, making the two Kakushi worried that the Wind Hashira might fall to his death. So they quickly rush to his side and carry him, taking him back to the Butterfly Estate for him to get a proper rest.

They both feels sorry for the Wind Hashira, knowing how hard it is for him to lose the woman he loves. Ever since Y/N's disappearance, Sanemi hadn't been himself. He'd start to randomly stare off into the distance with a blank expression, or he would suddenly snap at everyone. His anger only worsen as the only one who'd manage to calm him down is his beloved girlfriend.

***

Sanemi P.O.V

My eyes snap open as I sprung up into a sitting position. I breathe heavily as I recall what dream I had. No... it's not a dream. It was a nightmare.

I close my eyes and a flash of Y/N's face flashes before my eyes. Her eyes are both in the shade of blood. Fangs are protruding from her lips. In that nightmare... my Y/N have turned into a demon.

I gently place my hand on my forehead as I try to catch my breath. It's just a nightmare. I shouldn't think too much of it. I'm sure Y/N's going to be all right.

What if she's not? A voice echoed in my head. I shake my head, trying to dismiss that thought. I hit my head with my hand. What if she had already turned into the very thing you have sworn to kill? The voice said again.

No, stop it, Sanemi. You shouldn't be thinking like that. Y/N's okay... she's going to be okay. She's not going to turn into a demon. She's a strong person, so she wouldn't let that happen to her.

The door to the room slides open. I turn my head to see Kanroji. She's holding a tray in her hands as she makes eye-contact with me. I can see the look of sadness in her green eyes.

"Shinazugawa-San..." she said. I just turn my head away from her. She walks further into the room. She places the tray on the table. "Please be sure to eat, okay? You've been going for days without meals. You're going to get sick. If you're sick... who's going to search for Y/N?" She said. I turn my head to look at the tray.

"Ohagi

"Ohagi..." I said in a hushed voice. Tears starts to gather in my eyes.

Flashback

I'm holding Y/N by her waist, giving her a back hug. I place my chin on her shoulder as I watch her hand kneading on the dough. I tighten my arms around her, as she turn her head to look at me.

"You sure love your Ohagis, huh?" She said, making me let out a soft chuckle. I nod my head at her words, making her let out a soft giggle. "But you can't keep having these for meals every time, Sanemi. You need to eat something else too, so you'd be healthy..." she said.

"Fine... but today, I want some Ohagis" I said, tightening my arms around her. She just rolls her eyes at what I said. I raise an eyebrow at her reaction."What? You know that Ohagi is my favorite food. What's wrong about wanting to eat it. Especially when they're made by you. They tastes absolutely delicious. I promise I'll ask for something else tomorrow" I said.

"But you said that yesterday. But we still ended up having some Ohagis today too" she said. I just pout at what she said. She let out a giggle and spread some dough on my cheek. I let out a gasp at her action. She let out a squeal as she struggles to get out of my grasp. "Sanemi!! Stop!!" She squealed. I just let out a laugh at her reaction. She pouted at me, making me chuckle.

I grab a napkin and gently wipe the flour from her cheek, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. She blushes at my action. I lean my forehead against hers as she gently take the napkin from my hand. She gently wipe the flour from my cheek, as I held her close.

"I love you..." I whispered softly. She turn her head to look at me and smiles. She leans up, gently placing her lips against mine. I smile into the kiss as I kiss her back, tightening my arms around her.

End of Flashback

I love you too, Sanemi... her voice echoed in my head. I choke out a sob as I cover my face with my hands. My heart aches painfully against my chest. Please, God... I won't ask for anything else. I just want my girlfriend back. I want to be able to hold her again. Please... give her back.

*to be continued*