Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

This is bad... if I let Sanemi-San fight him as he's fuming angrily with his uneven breathing. It would be dangerous for him. I have to do something to stop him or he's going to get himself hurt or he could... die.

-Stay-

Y/N P.O.V

I watch in horror as Sanemi-San keeps fighting against the demon. But his attacks are sloppy and weaker than his usual attacks, because his breathing is uneven. If I let him continue to fight this way, he's going to get himself hurt by that demon. By the same demon that took away Kyou-Chan from me, and I don't want the same thing to happen to him too.

I let out a shaky gasp when the demon's punch get Sanemi-San thrown off. His body crashes into a broken building. "Sanemi-San!!" I yelled out. I quickly rush to him. I help him sit up. The side of his head is bleeding as he glares at the demon across from us.

He tried to stand up, but I hold him back. "That's enough, Sanemi-San! If you keep on going like this... you're going to get yourself killed" I said. He turn his head to look at me.

"I'm all right, Y/N... just like I said earlier. I'm gonna avenge Rengoku's death for you" he said. I throw my arms around his neck just as he's about to stand up. He froze slightly as his whole body turn stiff by my sudden action.

"I'm upset about Kyou-Chan's death... that's a fact that I can't deny" I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks as I hug Sanemi-San tightly. "But I don't want to see you getting hurt, Sanemi-San. And you will get hurt if you continue to attack that demon blindly" I cried out.

I don't care about the demon at the moment. He wouldn't attack us since he claimed that he wouldn't attack women. So he can't hurt Sanemi-San with me close to him. So I'd forget about the demon's presence for now. I have to stop Sanemi-San from attacking the demon out of anger.

I feel Sanemi-San's body going limp. I pull away from him, only to realize there's also a wound on his lower abdomen that is still bleeding. My eyes widened at the sight. I quickly lay him down and try to put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.

"Sanemi-San! Don't do this to me!" I said, desperately trying to stop his bleeding wound. I turn my head to look at the demon who's still lingering around. I glare at him with eyes full of hate. "You monster! Why do you keep on taking everything from us?! You said you wouldn't hurt women... but can't you see?? Killing the peoples they love... it's the same thing!" I yelled angrily at him. His eyes widened slightly at what I said, as if he just realize it.

"After Kyou-Chan's death... do you have any idea how hard it is for me to continue with my life?! Do you even realize how many times the thought of giving up comes into my head?? No... you don't! Because demons like you only knows how to take away things from humans. You're monsters!" I said.

I notice the sun begins to rise, making the demon panics at the sight. He quickly turns around and runs off to avoid getting scorch by the sun. I let my guard down once the demon is gone. Now that the sun have risen, I can focus more on Sanemi-San.

I let out a shaky breath as my shoulders starts to shake violently as I turn to look at Sanemi-San. Tears starts to roll down my cheeks as I stare at his face. He's slowly losing a lot of blood.

"S-Sanemi-San... p-please. Don't leave me too..." I pleaded, while still giving a pressure on his sound. I remove one hand as I grab a bandage from my haori. I remove my hand and stuff the bandage into his wound. I grab a piece of cloth and place it on top of his wound, placing my hands back on top of it as I try desperately to stop the bleeding. The once white cloth becomes drench completely by blood, turning the cloth red. "Sanemi-San... p-please... stay strong for me" I pleaded.

"L/N-Sama! Shinazugawa-Sama! We're here!!" I heard voices. I turn my head to see the Kakushi's. They rush towards me with various kinds of medical equipments. They kneel down in front of me. "You can leave him to us... you're injured too..." she said. I shakily remove my hands from Sanemi-San's wounded abdomen. I didn't even notice the wound on my shoulder. As I keep focus on Sanemi-San.

The female Kakushi removed my haori to reveal the wound. I ignore the pain as I keep my eyes on Sanemi-San. I don't want him to die. Please be okay, Sanemi-San.

***

I sit on the chair inside the Hospiral Ward of the Butterfly Estate, staring at Sanemi-San who lays on the bed. The Kakushi managed to stop the bleeding on Sanemi-San's lower abdomen. But due to a lot of blood loss, he still haven't regained his consciousness.

"Sanemi-San... I'm sorry, because I'm not strong enough. You have to protect me..." I said. I lower my gaze to stare at my lap. I hold my hands together tightly as I fight back the tears that are threatening to spill from my eyes. "I'm so useless" I muttered in a low tone.

I lift my gaze to look at Sanemi-San. I slowly stand up and take a seat on the edge of the bed. "After losing Kyou-Chan, I'm scared to fall in love again. I'm scared that I'd have my heart broken again" I said. My tears finally slip out of my eyes and rolling down my cheeks.

"But if you wake up... I promise I'll give you a chance. I'll give my heart a chance to fall in love again... with you, Sanemi-San. So please wake up" I said. I choke out a sob as he remains unresponsive. I lower my body to lay my head on his chest. "P-Please..." I cried out.

I don't want to lose anyone again. Even though I know it's hard to avoid as death will always awaits us as long as we live as Demon Slayers. I want to hold onto that hope that I still have a chance to find happiness and true love. A chance to start a family and live happily.

For once... I want to be selfish and not think about what would happen in the future and just focus on the now. All I want now is for Sanemi-San to open his eyes. To assure me that he will always be there for me, even if it's a lie.

*to be continued*