Chapter 35

Previously on Chapter 34

"I need you, Y/N..." I said, weakly my body feels like it's been struck by lightning. But I still refuse to give up. I need my girl back. I'm getting her back. One way or another.

-Change Of Heart-

Y/N P.O.V

I watch in horror as Sanemi keeps on pushing himself to get past the barrier. I've got to do something or he's going to get himself seriously hurt. But what can I do? I've tried everything I could think of, and still couldn't figure out a way to get out of this stupid barrier. I can't let Sanemi continue to hurt himself.

"Sanemi, please! Stop doing that!" I yelled out, begging him to just stop trying to push through the barrier. Tears keeps falling from my eyes as I watch the man I love continuously letting himself get electrocuted. I shut my eyes tightly. "Stop!!!!" I yelled out.

The barrier suddenly vanishes. Sanemi falls forward. My eyes widen at the sight. I quickly get on my feet and run towards him. I drop next to him, pulling him into a tight hug. I feel his arms weakly went around my waist as he hugs me the best he could with his exhausted body.

"I told you to stop... why did keep on pushing?" I said, crying into his shoulder. I feel his hand going up to my hair as he gently brush my h/c hair. I bury my face into the crook of his neck as I continue to cry.

"What happened to the barrier? It just vanished out of thin air" he said. I pull away from the hug and look around. I turn to look at him, shaking my head lightly to let him know I didn't know either.

I hear footsteps coming closer towards us. We turn our heads to see Akaza. I tensed up at the sight of him. I feel the arms around me tighten as Sanemi pulls me close. I just place my head on his chest, staring at Akaza with a wary gaze.

"Relax... I'm not gonna do anything" he said. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. He gives us a small smile. "I have been watching you both from a far. I can see how much you both love each other" he said. He advert his gaze to Sanemi for a few seconds, before turning to me again.

"As much as I love you, and wished for you to be mine. It's clear that I can't come between you both" he said. A sad smile starts to form on his lips. He walks closer to us, making Sanemi hugs me protectively. Akaza notices this and stops "We belong in two different worlds and are meant to be enemies. Demons and Demon Slayers cannot be together, no matter how much I wished I could change that and make it works, because I ended up falling in love with you. But still... it's him that you want. So I'm letting you go" he said. My eyes widen at what he said.

"A-Are... a-are you serious?" I asked. He smiles at me and nod his head. I turn to look at Sanemi. "But... what about this child?" I said, placing my hand on my belly. Akaza turn his head to look at my swollen belly.

"I'll accept them... human or not" Sanemi said. I turn my head to look at him. He place a hand on my cheek. "I'll be their father. And I will love them as if they were my own" he said.

"You heard him..." Akaza said. I turn my head to look at him. He smiled softly at me. I pull away from Sanemi to face him. "Goodbye, Y/N. I won't be coming into your life anymore, and most importantly... I won't interfere your love life with him" he said. I slowly make walks up to him.

"Thank you, Akaza..." I said. I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist, burying his face into the crook of my neck. "Goodbye" I said, in a hushed voice.

He pulls away from the hug. He cups my cheeks, making me froze. But instead of doing what I thought he'd do, he places a soft kiss on my forehead instead. He let his lips linger against my skin. I just close my eyes. This is the last time I'll see him. So I'll allow him.

I open my eyes only to see him gone. I turn around to look at Sanemi. He walks over to me, gently wrapping his arms around my waist. I smile softly as I return his embrace. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head as he held me in his arms.

"I finally have you back... this time, for good" he said. I just smile at what he said. I tighten my arms around his neck. "I'm so glad, Y/N. I'm never letting you go again" he whispered. I just smile softly to myself as I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

***

Sanemi gently lowers me down on the bed. Along the way here, I start to feel a contraction. Which makes him decided to just carry me for the rest of the way. I kinda feel bad for having him do so. But he told me he's okay with it.

Kocho enters the room. "She's going to be giving birth soon. The baby is growing too fast in her womb..." she said. I just let out a pained cry. Sanemi starts dabbing a wet cold towel on my forehead to wipe away the sweats as he whispers encouraging words into my ear.

Kocho starts to give me instructions. I let out a pained cry as I desperately tried to push the baby out of me. I clutch onto Sanemi's hand tightly. I'm sure he's in pain because of my grip. But he didn't complain and just let me clutch it to ease my pain.

After a few more push, the sound of crying resonates in the room. I breathe heavily as I let my head fall onto the bed. I stare at the ceiling as my sight starts to get blurry. I close my eyes as everything went dark.

Sanemi P.O.V

Kocho hands Y/N's baby to me. Y/N has given birth to a baby girl. I held her in my arms as she has her eyes close. She yawns softly as she slowly opens her eyes to reveal a pair of yellow eyes, much like that demon's.

She opens her mouth and starts to cry, revealing two sharp canine teeth. But the sunlight that enters the room didn't seem to have any effect on her. This lets me know that this baby isn't fully a demon nor is she a human. Which means, she's a half-demon. 

I turn my head to look at Y/N to see her unconscious. I hand the baby back to Kocho, and went to kneel down next to the bed. I place my hand on her forehead feeling her skin cold against my touch.

"Y/N? Hey!" I said. Kocho places the baby inside the crib and rush to Y/N's said. I turn my head to look at her desperately. "Please tell me she's gonna be okay" I said.

She places the stethoscope on her chest. She closes her eyes for a few seconds before turning to look at me. "I'm sorry, Shinazugawa-San... I don't hear any heartbeat" she said. My eyes widen at what she said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks as I start to cry.

"No... no no no! She can't be dead!" I yelled out. I turn to Y/N and pick her up, hugging her close. "No... Y/N. I just got you back! Don't do this to me. Please... come back to me, Y/N. Baby, please..." I cried out, swaying my body back and forth as I call out her name, desperate for her to come back and open her eyes.

The baby keeps crying. Kocho picks her up and gently places her next to Y/N. "I'm sorry, little girl. Your mom is gone" she said, staring grimly at the crying baby. The baby just keeps on crying. I shut my eyes tightly. I don't want to believe that Y/N is gone.

"Wait, Shinazugawa-San!" Kocho said. I open my eyes, turning to look at her. "Her finger just moved!" She said. I turn my head to look at Y/N's hand. My eyes widen as I saw her finger moved just like Kocho said.

Kocho rush to her side, checking her heartbeat with a stethoscope. "It's a miracle... her heart just started beating again..." she said. She turned to look at me and smiles softly. "She's gonna be okay now. Let her rest for a while" she said. I let out a sigh of relief and nod my head. I turn to Y/N. I lean down, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. Thank you, Y/N... thank you for still being here with me.

*to be continued*