Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

We start running around the village, hoping there'd be some people who managed to stay alive. The whole time, I keep on chanting a silent prayer in my head. Praying to God that there is survivors along these broken buildings. Please, God... let there be someone.

-This Is Bad-

Y/N P.O.V

Sanemi-San have been walking around the area, but no luck. We can't find a single survivor. I start to feel more and more frustrated as the second passes. Sanemi seem to notice the distress on my face, because he grabs my hand and make me turn around to face him.

"Calm down... don't let your emotion overpowers your focus, Y/N. We have to remain calm" he said. I just nod my head at what he said. He remove his hand from mine and lift it higher to cup my cheek. "It's going to be okay" he said. I just give him a small smile.

"We should continue our search, Sanemi-San..." I said. He just nods his head and slowly removes his hand from my cheek. My ears perk up as loud scream enters my hearing. My head snap towards the direction the sound is coming from. "Someone's in trouble! We've got to help!" I said. I didn't wait for him to say anything, as I quickly run to the direction of the sound.

My eyes widen when I notice a demon holding a woman by the neck. My hand quickly went to the hilt of my sword as I pull it out. "Let her go, you monster!" I yelled. The demon slowly turn his head towards my direction. I let out a shaky gasp when his eyes met mine. There's a number engraved in his eyes... Upper Moon 3.

"You..." I said. My voice shaky as it cracks. The demon standing in front of me right now is the same demon that is responsible for Kyou-Chan's death. "You're the one who murdered my fiancé!" I yelled angrily at him.

"Who?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. His eyes travel down and notice the cape around me. A look of recognition appears in his eyes. "Ahh... so you're the one he was talking about the whole" he said. A wide grin appears on his face. "What a small world this is... I can't believe I got a chance to meet you, Y/N-Chan" he said.

I clench my hand around the hilt of my sword tightly to the point my knuckles starts to turn white. "Don't say my name like you know me, bastard!" I yelled. He let out an amused chuckle at my comment. I growl angrily at his reaction. "And stop laughing! You sound like a lunatic! Wait... maybe you are. You're worst! Monster!" I said.

"Save your breath. Instead, why don't I offer you a deal? Your fiancé was stupid enough to refuse. But I'm sure you are smarter..." he said. I glare at him. I feel my body start to shake in anger. He just badmouthed Kyou-Chan and I won't let him get away with it. "Become a demon, Y/N-Chan... then you'd stand a chance against me if you want to avenge your stupid, deadbeat fiancé..." he said.

"Stop talking about him like that!!" I yelled. I lunges at him but he jumps out of the way, smirking at me. "Fight me!!" I yelled.

"Nah... I stand on a motto that I won't hurt, or kill a woman. Especially... a poor broken-hearted girl" he said. His advert his gaze to the side and grin widely. I turn my head, following his line of sight to see he's staring at Sanemi-San. "However, that man... I won't hesitate to kill" he said, pointing his finger at him.

"Don't you dare touch him!" I yelled. I lunges forward to the demon as he just stands still. "Flame Breathing Technique : Unknowing Fire" I said. He moves out of the way.

"Wow... your techniques is just as strong as him... but unfortunately, I'm still not going to fight a woman. Come, Y/N-Chan. Come and become a demon. You and I... we can stand together. Even demon needs a life partner. What do you say, hm? Be with me..." he said, spreading his arms on either side of him as if inviting me to come to him and embrace him. I cringe in disgust at what he said.

"You're joking, right? You expect me to be with someone who took away the only person I love! I'd rather die!!" I yelled. He clicks his tongue in annoyance. The way he stares at me, sends shivers down my spine. Sanemi-San move to stand in front of me.

"Don't you stare at her like that, you creep..." he said, as he pulls out his sword. "I'd take you on... for Y/N's sake. I will avenge the death of her fiancé" he said, pointing the sharp end of his sword at the demon.

"You... why? It's clear in your eyes that you'r in love her" he said. I notice Sanemi-San's shoulder visibly tense at the way the demon points out the feelings he have for me. "Aren't you suppose to be glad that Kyoujuro is out of the way? Now you have a chance to be with her..." he said.

"SHUT UP!! As much as I want to be with her... I'd rather see her happy than see her upset. The sight of her sadness and the way she kept on crying over Rengoku's death is heart-wrenching! I want her to be happy even if it's not with me!!" He yelled, angrily as he glared at the demon.

"You humans are so pathetic..." the demon said. He turn his gaze to look at me for a few seconds. "If I were you. I would never let anyone stands in my way with the one I desire... you know what? I know why you don't fight for her... you're a COWARD" he said. I blink my eyes and he vanished.

I feel a presence next to me and an arm drape around shoulder. I turn my head to see the demon next to me. He turn to me and grin as Sanemi-San turn to face us. His eyes widened at the sight of how close the demon is to me.

"But, do not fret. I will make her mine. Don't worry, I will take good care of her" He said. He lift his free hand, cupping my cheek as I stood frozen. "I choose a mate for life. You're mine now..." he said. I flinch when he places a kiss on my cheek.

"Don't you dare touch to her like that!!" Sanemi-San screamed angrily. He lift his sword and lunges at the demon. The demon quickly scoops me up in his arms and jumps out of the way. "Let her go!" He yelled again.

"Let her go? Nah... I told you, didn't I? She's mine now" he said, while still carrying me in his arms. I clench my hands into tight fists as I snap out of my temporary shock. I swing my fist at him, going straight for his cheek. He releases me, making me land on the ground on my feet. I quickly move out of his reach.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Sanemi-San asked. I turn to look at him and nod my head. He looks so worried. So I smile at him, trying to reassure him that I am okay. I clench the hilt of my sword as I turn to face the demon again. I was about to attack the demon, but a hand appears in front of me.

I turn my head to look at Sanemi-San. He glares at the demon with so much resentment in his eyes. The veins on his forehead are popping out. He turn his head slightly to look at me. I've never seen Sanemi-San looking so angry before.

"Leave him to me... I'll make him pay for touching you like that" he said. I look down to see his hand shaking due to how hard he's gripping his sword's hilt. I turn my head to look at the demon, who's smirking at the reaction he's getting from Sanemi-San.

This is bad... if I let Sanemi-San fight him as he's fuming angrily with his uneven breathing. It would be dangerous for him. I have to do something to stop him or he's going to get himself hurt or he could... die.

*to be continued*