Chapter 36

Previously on Chapter 35

Kocho rush to her side, checking her heartbeat with a stethoscope. "It's a miracle... her heart just started beating again..." she said. She turned to look at me and smiles softly. "She's gonna be okay now. Let her rest for a while" she said. I let out a sigh of relief and nod my head. I turn to Y/N. I lean down, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. Thank you, Y/N... thank you for still being here with me.

-Changes-

Sanemi P.O.V

I look after Y/N's daughter while she's still hasn't wake up. I hold the baby in my arms as I sit on the chair next to Y/N's bed. I just stare at the baby's face. She has Y/N's nose and lips. She's truly a beautiful child, and I will love her as if she's my own.

A soft sound gains my attention. I turn my head to see Y/N moving. I quickly stand up, gently placing the baby in the crib. I move towards Y/N and take a seat on the edge of the bed. I grab her hand, placing it on my lap as I stare at her.

She slowly opens her eyes. She looks around for a few seconds before turning to look at me. "Sanemi..." she said. The way my name rolled out of her lips. It brings warmth into my heart. I can't believe she was declared dead before coming back to life.

"You're awake... you scared me. Your heart stopped beating for a while" I said. She smiles apologetically at me. She slowly moves to sit up. "No, don't sit. You need to rest. Please... lay down" I said. But she shakes her head. So I help her sit comfortably, adjusting the pillow so she can rest her back against it.

"I'm sorry for constantly scaring you" she said. I just shake my head at what she said. She lift her hand, gently cupping my cheek. "Thank you for not giving up on me" she said.

"Never, Y/N. I would never give up on you" I said, placing my hand on top of hers. I nuzzle my cheek into her touch. Her hand feels so soft despite being a Demon Slayer.

"How's my baby?" She asked. I open my eyes to look at her. I stand up, and went over to get the baby. I walk up to her, gently placing the baby in her arms. "A girl..." she said. I smile softly and nod my head. She wince as pain is shown on her face, as she shut her eyes. I quickly grab the baby, placing her back inside the crib. I turn to look at Y/N to see her clutching her head.

"I'll go and get Kocho! Just hang in there!" I said. I turn around and runs out of the medical room, trying to look for the Insect Hashira to check on my girlfriend. Where could that girl be?!

A While Later

I rush towards Y/N's room with Kocho following behind me. I push the door open and enters the room. But the bed is empty. I shake my head as I stare at the empty spot. No no... not again.

"Sanemi?" A soft voice said. I turn my head to see Y/N standing by the crib, holding the baby in her arms. I let out a sigh of relief as I walk up to her. I pull her into a hug. She gently push me with one arm. She keeps her head lowered, her bangs covering her eyes. "Please keep your distance for now" she said. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion.

"What? Why?" I asked. She slowly lift her head to look at me. My eyes widen slightly when I notice her eyes are no longer e/c. They're in a shade of gold-ish red. Tears starts to roll down her cheeks as she stares at me.

"I don't know what happened, Sanemi

"I don't know what happened, Sanemi... I just turned into this. I've become a demon again. Don't come near me. I don't want to hurt you" she said. Her voice cracks a little as she stares at me with sadness reflecting in her eyes.

"No..." I said, shaking my head. I wrap my arms around her, pulling her as close as possible with the baby in her arms. "I'm not stepping away even a single step. I've lost you twice... and almost lose you to death. I'm not going to lose you again. If you want to walk away the fourth time from my life. You might as well kill me first" I said, burying my face into her hair.

"Don't say that. I would never do that" she said. She pulls her head away to look at me. "I don't want to hurt you. But your scent... it's intoxicating. I'm scared that I might ended up hurting you" she said.

"Go ahead... hurt me. I'd be hurt either way. With or without you. So I'd much rather have you with me than without. As long as I have you in my life. Nothing else matters to me" I said. Her eyes soften slightly at what I said.

"Sanemi..." she said. I lean my forehead against hers. I cup her cheeks as I run my thumb across her s/c skin. She closes her eyes as she leans into my touch.

"Don't ever think of leaving me again, Y/N. A world without you is pure hell" I said. She moves her head, placing it on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around her again. "Don't ever leave me..." I whispered softly.

"I won't..." she said, making me smile. She pull away to look at me. "I'll never leave you. I promise..." she said. I smile happily at her. I lean down and places a soft kiss against her lips.

"Thank you, Y/N..." I whispered, after we pull away. I place a soft kiss on her forehead, letting my lips linger on her skin. "I don't ever want to lose you again..." I said. She just smiled at me. I lean in for another kiss. I close my eyes, cupping her cheek. This time... I'll make sure she will always be next to me.

*to be continued*