Chapter 32

Previously on Chapter 31

It's been hard for me after what happened. But he never gives up and is always there for me. I'm so thankful to have him in my life. I don't know what would become of me if Sanemi isn't with me. I guess with him... it does gets better.

-I Feel Strange-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since I've been discharged from the hospital. During those time, I stayed home. Even the crow didn't give me any missions. Seems like everyone knew I still needed time before I can be functional again as a Demon Slayer. I know that I needed to return to my job, because no matter what condition I'm in... I'm still the Flame Hashira, taking Kyou-Chan's place.

So the least I could do to prepare myself to return to my duty as a Demon Slayer is train. Which leads to where I am now. I stand in front of a dummy, holding a wooden sword in my hands. I lunges forward, swiftly landing a few sharp strikes on the dummy.

I breathe heavily. I feel a strange pain on my stomach. I fall on my knees as I try to regain control of my breath. Why did I suddenly feel this strange pain?

I hear footsteps rushing towards me. I turn my head to see Sanemi. He drops on his knees. His mouth is moving but I can't hear anything he's saying. My sight starts to get darker as I fall forward. I feel a pair of arms catching my body before it hits the ground. Muffled voices is the only thing I remember, as my surrounding turns dark.

Sanemi P.O.V

I went to check on Y/N because I know she planned on resuming her training. But instead of seeing her actively practicing her techniques, I see her on the ground. She seems to have a hard time breathing. One of her hand is clutching her stomach, while the other one is supporting her body. My eyes widen at the sight and I rush over to her side.

"Y/N?" I called out. But she doesn't seem to hear me. I place my hands on her shoulders, turning her to look at me. Her eyes rolled back as she falls forward. I catch her body before she hits the ground. I place my hand on her cheek, gently patting it to get some sort of reaction. But there's none. She just lay unconscious in my arms.

I place my hands behind her knees and back. I get up with her in my arms. I have to take her to the Butterfly Estate, so Kocho can check her health. I need to make sure she's okay. I turn around, making my way out of her training ground and towards the Butterfly Estate.

***

Kocho told me to wait outside while she check on my girlfriend. I just take a seat on the chair, waiting for her to tell me how Y/N is. Hopefully, she'd be alright. She only just started to get better a week ago. Now she has to return to the Hospital Ward.

I let out a sigh, as I run my hand through my white hair. I surely hope Y/N is alright. I can't bear the thought of her being in any kinds of pain. So I pray silently that she will be alright.

The door to the room Y/N's in slowly opens. I turn my head to see Kocho. I stand up and walks up to her. "How is Y/N?" I asked. She turn to look at the Y/N for a brief moment since the door is still open. "Kocho! How is she? Is she okay?" I asked again. She turn to look at me as she closes the door behind her.

"Overall, she's fine" she said. I just stare at her, waiting for to tell me about my girlfriend's condition. "But I... found something that I know you wouldn't like. It might also break her" she said.

"What are you waiting for, Kocho? Just tell me what's going on with my girlfriend! Is she fine? Is she sick?" I said, urging her to just tell me what's happening with Y/N. She looks away for a while and closes her eyes. "Oi!" I said, grabbing onto her shoulder making her eyes shot open with a startled look.

I just give her a stern gaze to urge her into telling me what's going on with Y/N. She let out a sigh and finally turn to look at me. I feel my whole world freezes up at the next words that came out of her mouth. No way...

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes to see the ceiling above me. I blink my eyes a few times, wondering what happened to me. The last thing I remember was training. The next moment is a blur. Did I... blacked out?

I feel warmth on my right hand. I turn my head to see Sanemi. He just stares at me without saying anything. I can see the look of worry and sadness reflecting in his eyes.

"I just got out of the hospital and now I'm back. I don't even know what happened to me" I said, huffing softly. I slowly move to sit up. He quickly gets up to help me sit comfortably. I lean my back against the headboard and let out a soft sigh. I turn to look at Sanemi to see him still staring at me with the same look in his eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that, Sanemi?" I asked.

"Y/N... I'm sorry. If only I protected you better. None of this would've happened. If only I insisted on coming with you... I could've prevented this" he said. I stare at him in confusion.

"Why are you talking like that? Sanemi... I'm fine. It's true that the Upper Moon 3 took advantages of me. But I'm slowly learning to live with it. I'm gonna be okay" I said, trying to assure him.

"That's not it, Y/N... I-I know y-you're trying to accept what h-happened. But..." he trailed off. I just stay silent, silently wondering what he's trying to say. I can feel his hand tightening slightly. "I'm so sorry... I should have tried harder to protect you and now... now y-you..." he cried out. He looks down as I watch the tears slowly streams down his cheeks.

"Sanemi... what are you trying to say?" I asked. He just stays silent. He moves to sit on the edge of the bed. He pulls me into a hug, burying his face into the crook of my neck. "Sanemi... please tell me what's going on? You're scaring me..." I said.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." he cried out as he muttered the same words over and over. I just stare at the wall, not knowing what else to say. He slowly pulls away to look at me. Tears keeps flowing out of his eyes as he stares at me with a look full of regret. "Y/N...

You're pregnant

*to be continued*