Chapter 26

Previously on Chapter 25

"I got you, Y/N... finally I have you back. This time I'm not going to let you go again..." I said. Tears starts to fall from my eyes. I bury my face into the crook of her neck as I start to cry softly. Finally... you're back with me, Y/N.

-Take Me Back-

Y/N P.O.V

My eyes flutter open to see a ceiling above me. I blink my eyes a few times to get rid of the sleepiness. I slowly turn my head slightly to see a closed curtain. Judging by how bright it looks, this should be around noon. Which means, I won't be able to go outside or I'd be turned into ashes.

The door to this room slowly opens. I turn my head to see a girl. She have black hair that faded to purple towards the end. She send me a small smile as she notices that I'm awake.

I back away a little to the bed's headboard as she makes her way closer to me. "S-Stay back!" I said. She stops mid way as she stares at me. The smile on her face is replaced with a frown.

"L/N-San... do you not recognize me?" She asked as she places a hand on her chest. I just stay silent as I stare at her face. I wince in pain as my head starts to hurt. I place my hand on my head, closing one eye as I try to get rid of the pain.

Stop teasing him, Kocho-San... it's not his fault that he's an introverted person. It's his nature. Isn't that right, Tomioka-San? A voice echoed in my head, which sounded like it's mine. I shake my head, shutting both eyes as I try to dismiss the image from my head. But more vivid images starts coming to my head.

"Stop it..." I said, gently hitting my head to get it to stop. I breathe heavily as I slowly open my eyes. I turn my head to look at the girl in front of me. She stays silent as she stares at me expectantly. "I don't... know who you are. Am I... am I s-suppose t-to?" I asked, once the pain subsides. I remove my hand from my head and place it on my lap as I stare at the girl.

She frowned at what I said. "I see... you have lost your memories" she said. She slowly walks over to me. I feel my body getting tensed as she starts to come closer. "It's okay, L/N-San. I won't hurt you" she said.

"No... don't come any closer!" I said. My body starts to shake. I look around the room, trying to find an opening so I can escape. The girl just stops mid-way as she just stares at me. "Where's Akaza-Kun? Take me to him! I don't want to be here!" I said.

"Who's Akaza?" She asked. I didn't say anything and just stare at her. She steps closer to me which makes me flinch slightly. She realizes that and stops attempting to come closer. "L/N-San... who's Akaza?" She asked, in a much calmer tone.

"My husband... who else?? My wonderful husband. The Upper Moon 3..." I said, smiling as I think about him. I notice the girl's eyes widen at what I said. "Just take me to him! You're a Slayer, are you not?" I said. She didn't say anything. She just turns around and walks out of the room.

Sanemi P.O.V

The door to Y/N's room slowly opens up. I turn my head to see Kocho leaving the room. I quickly get up to my feet and rush towards her. She turn her head to look at me.

"Well? How is she?" I asked. She turn her head slightly to look at the door of the room where Y/N's in. "Kocho... tell me how she is. She's going to be okay, right? She... she'll remember me again... right??" I said.

"To be completely honest with you. I'm not so sure, Shinazugawa-San..." she said. Her voice sounded solemn as she lowers her gaze. I feel my chest tightens at what she said. She let out a sigh and lift her head to look at me. "Her memories isn't the only one that's broken..." she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. She stares at me with a sad gaze. I start to feel worry swelling up in my chest at the look she's giving me. "Well, tell me" I demanded.

"It seems like she's also been abused by the Upper Moon, Shinazugawa-San..." she said. I gasp at what she said. I feel sick on my stomach. "She was r*ped by that demon. I think that's how she's turned into a demon. She suffers mentally as well. That's mostly why she isn't stable" she said.

I feel tears gathering in my eyes. I'm suppose to protect her. I shouldn't have let her go to that mission. If I had known this would happen to her. I should have gone with her.

My knees starts to get numb as I feel my body collapse. I fall on my knees as I start to cry. My shoulders starts to shake as tears streams down my cheeks. I clench my hands into tight fists as I cry out in frustration.

Why do I always fail to protect the people who are important to me? My mother... my younger siblings. Now, I can't even keep the girl I love safe. Now she's suffering because of my failure.

My head snap up as I hear a scream coming from inside the room Y/N's in. "Let me out!!! Let me out! I want to go back to Akaza!! I want to go back to my husband!" She yelled out. My chest tightens at the sound of her voice. How frightened she sounded.

I slowly move to stand up. I reach out to grab the door knob. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Kocho. She shakes her head as she stares at me with a sad gaze.

"Let go, Kocho... I need to see her" I said, pleadingly. She let out a soft sigh and slowly remove her hand from my shoulder. "Thank you..." I said.

She gives me a stern gaze. "Don't force her... approach her slowly. Let her open up on her own" she said. I just nod my head at what she said. I turn to face the door. I take a deep breath and slowly push the door open.

"Y/N..." I said. Her bed is empty. I turn my head and spot Y/N. She's standing at the corner of the room. Her eyes are wide as she stares at me with a look of pure terror. My heart clenched painfully in my chest.

"It's me, Y/N... it's Sanemi. Your boyfriend... don't you recognize me?" I said, placing my hand on my chest as I speak in the most gentle voice I could muster. I step closer which makes her flinch. I quickly stop not wanting to scare her any further. My lips begins to tremble as I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. "Please, Y/N... you have to remember..." I cried out as I fall on my knees. I lower my gaze on the ground. What can I do to make her remember who I am?

I lift my head to look at her. I stand up and walks up to her not caring how she flinched. I need her to remember me. I cup her cheeks as I make her look at me.

"Look at me, Y/N. It's me... your Sanemi. We've been dating for so long, Y/N. You have to remember..." I said. She try to push me off but the effect of the drug is still active. "Remember, Y/N... please remember..." I cried out. She slowly stops struggling as she just stares at me. Her eyes soften as she stares at me.

"Sanemi..." she breathed out. Her eyes slowly rolled back a little as she falls limp in my arms. I quickly catches her before her body hits the ground to make sure she didn't get hurt. I cradle her in my arms as I kneel on the ground. She called out my name. Looks like there's still hope for me to get Y/N back to her old self. I won't give up... I won't give up until I get the old Y/N back.

*to be continued*