Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

"Sanemi-San..." I breathed out, my voice cracks a little. He smiles softly at me. He gently place a soft kiss on my forehead. He let his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes, appreciating his gentle and loving gesture. It feels like all my doubts is slowly being washed away. Maybe... just maybe, I can find happiness with him. Kyou-Chan... am I making the right choice?

-It Gets Better-

Y/N P.O.V

Sanemi-San slowly moves his forehead from mine to look at me. He smiles softly at me. In his eyes, I can see all the love he have for me. It makes me feel bad. If I ended up breaking his heart... I would feel like the worst person in the world.

"I can still see the hesitation in your eyes..." Sanemi-San said, making me blink my eyes in surprise. He slowly lift his hand. "Don't worry about me, Y/N. The only thing I care about is healing your heart. As long as you're okay... it's all I could ever ask for" he said, as he gently take my hands in his. My eyes soften at his words. They're filled with pure and sincerity.

"Thank you, Sanemi-San..." I said, smiling softly at him. He smiles at me and nod his head. I move closer to him, gently wrapping my arms around his neck. He stiffen a little as if he didn't expect my action.

It was always him to initiate the first hug. But he hugs me back nonetheless. I feel safe in his arms. It makes me feel like I'm home. It's the feeling I thought I'd never have a chance to feel again after Kyou-Chan's passing.

***

Sanemi-San can finally leave the Hospital Ward, now that he's all better. I still need to help him to walk though, so he wouldn't put too much weight on his injured abdomen. He have his arm around my shoulder as we walk. We're making our way to the Headquarter, because Oyakata-Sama wishes to speak to us.

"Ah... Y/N-Chan!" Someone exclaimed. I look up to see Mitsuri-Chan. She grins happily as she rush towards us. I smile softly at her as she stops to stand in front of me. "I am so glad to see you in perfect health. Oh, and you too, Shinazugawa-San. Are you feeling better?" She asked.

"Yeah... I am" he said. I turn to look at him and smiles softly. He turn to look at me. I notice Mitsuri-Chan stare at the two of us back and forth. "What?" Sanemi-San said, beating me to it.

"A-Ah... n-nothing. It's just... both of you are acting a lot closer than usual" she said. I just smile at what she said. She turn to look at me. "Is there something going on between you two?" She asked.

"W-Well..." I stuttered out. Mitsuri-Chan leans her face closer to me with an eager expression, as she waits for me to tell her. "Sanemi-San confessed his feelings to me, and I've agreed to give him a chance" I said. Mitsuri-Chan's eyes lit up at what I said.

"Ahh!! I'm so happy for you, Y/N-Chan!!" She said, as she throws her arms around me. I yelped at her action. I stumble a little. I feel hands on my back. I turn my head to see Sanemi-San have caught me so I wouldn't fall over.

"Thanks, Sanemi-San..." I said, making him smile softly at me. Mitsuri-Chan pulls away from the hug as she grin happily at me. She places her hands on my shoulder as she stare at me in happiness.

"I hope you'd finally be happy again, Y/N-Chan... I was so worried watching you so quiet and sad all the time. I wanted to help but I've never been in such a serious relationship before so I didn't know what to do. I'm so sorry!" she said.

I feel a sweat running down the side of my head. "It's okay, Mitsuri-Chan..." I said, trying to assure her. But she just keeps on ranting about how she could've done something for me. I as just give her an awkward smile.

All these time, I thought I was being quite subtle about hiding my emotions, and that no one would notice. But turns out I was wrong. If Mitsuri-Chan notices it as well, just like Sanemi-San. If these two notices, then I'm sure the rest did too.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, Mitsuri-Chan..." I said, in a soft voice. She just smile and ruffles my hair. I whine at her action as I gently swat her hand from my head, making both her and Sanemi-San let out a laugh.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone understands that you're hurting" she said. I just give her a small smile. She smiles at me and loop her arm through mine. "Now, come on... the others should be at the meeting area. We can't keep them waiting" she said. I turn to look at Sanemi-San who just wrap his arm around my shoulder. I place my hand on his back to help him walk better.

We gather with the other Hashira's. I kneel down in front of Oyakata-Sama who have arrived not long after we did. He have a soft smile on his face, as he starts to greet us. I always love to hear his voice. It's so comforting.

"I am relieved to know that Sanemi have survived the last battle against the Upper Moon 3. I'm glad we don't have to lose another one of our own" he said. I bit my lips at what he said. I was there when Sanemi-San fought that demon. How badly he was injured from the fight.

I turn my head to look at Sanemi-San who's right next to me. I'm so glad that he's still alive. He almost didn't. If I hadn't stopped him, he would have fought until he lost his life. He notice my gaze and turn to look at me.

He gives me a soft smile. I send him a weak one and turn my head away from him as tears starts gathering in my eyes. I keep my head lowered as I stare at the ground. I bit my lips to stop myself from making any sounds because I don't want to disrupt the meeting.

A While Later

Oyakata-Sama finally dismissed us after wishing us well and for our safety during our next missions. One by one, we start to leave the headquarter. I make my way out of the area, when a hand gently grabs mine. I stop walking and turn around to see Sanemi-San.

"You were crying... and you still are" he said. He lift his hand gently wiping away the tears. I choke out a sob as I wrap my arms around his torso. His arms automatically wrapped themselves around my shaking form.

"Please don't leave me too, Sanemi-San..." I said, as I cried softly. I feel his hand on my head, gently caressing my hair. I tighten my arms around him. "I don't want to lose anyone else..." I cried out.

"I will try everything in my power to always return to you, Y/N..." he said. I pull away to look at him. He lift his hands, gently cupping my cheeks as he wipe the tears from my eyes. "I love you..." he said. I place my hands on top of his.

"I..." I started. Sanemi-San stares at me. I hear his breath coming to a stop as I stare into his pale lilac eyes. A soft smile starts to form on my face. "I love you too, Sanemi" I said. His eyes widen slightly. His eyes starts swelling up in tears. He blinks them, letting his tears streams down his cheeks.

"Y-You... y-you really m-mean that?" He asked. I smile softly and nod my head. I lift my hands, cupping both of his cheeks as I gently wipe his tears away. A smile starts to form on his face. "Will you be mine?" He asked.

"Yes..." I said. He let out a happy laugh as he picks me up and twirl us around. I let out a giggle as I hold onto his shoulders. He laugh along with me as he stares at me with pure happiness reflecting in his eyes.

"Thank you so much, Y/N!" He said, as he gently places me back on my feet. He pulls me into a tight hug. I lean my head against his chest, silently listening to the sound of his heartbeat. His heart is beating quite fast, which lets me know that he's excited. A soft smile starts to form on my face at the sound of his heart. Kyou-Chan... I think I'm gonna be fine now...

*to be continued*