Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

I'm sorry for not protecting you better, Y/N. But don't worry, I'll never let you out of my sight ever again. I will protect you better. I swear on my life. That bastard won't get to you again... I'll make sure of it.

-I'm Okay-

Y/N P.O.V

I've regained all of my memories. Even the bad ones. I now remember what happened. How I had to go on a mission with the Kamado Siblings and his friends. We ended up in a small village where we met the same Upper Demon who murdered my fiancé. How he abducted me and... used me.

The weird thing about the whole ordeal. After I regained my all of my memories, I seem to turn back into a human. The sun didn't bother me anymore and I can actually eat foods that are meant for humans. Even Kocho said there are no trace of demon's blood in my vein after she ran a few tests on me. How is that possible... I have no idea.

The door to the room I'm in slowly opens up, snapping me out of my daze. I turn my head to see it's Sanemi. He walks over to me and take a seat on the edge of the bed. I wordlessly scoots closer to him, placing my head on his shoulder.

"Hey, Y/N" He asked, as he gently wrap his arm around my shoulder. I just snuggle closer to his side. "How are you feeling?" He asked. I lift my head a little to look at him.

"I'm okay..." I mumbled in a hushed voice. He stares at into my eyes. I give him a weak smile. "I try not to think too much about what had happened. I... don't want to remember what that demon did. But sometimes... I can still feel his hands all over me" I said. I close my eyes as my body shivers as I recall the feeling of that demon's hands traveling around my body.

"Shh... I'm here, Y/N. And I'm not going to let him get to you... ever again. I promise, baby..." Sanemi whispered, soothingly. I just hold onto his shirt as I hug him tightly. He tighten his arms around me, trying his best to make me feel safe and secure.

The door slowly opens, making us pull away from each other. I turn my head to see it's Kocho. She walks over towards us and turn to look at Sanemi.

"Would you mind waiting outside for a bit? I have to do a daily check up for Y/N..." she said. Sanemi nods his head at what she said. He turn to look at me. He leans down to place a soft kiss on my forehead and stands up. He turns around and walks out of the room. Kocho turn her head to look at me. She take a seat on the chair as she starts to ask me some questions and check on my health.

After checking everything, she told me that I'm alright and that I can leave the Hospital Ward. I quietly thanked her as she walks out of the room. Sanemi walks back in not long after she left.

"Kocho said I'm good to go..." I said. He hums softly and nod his head. He looks relieved that I'm all better. I've been hospitalized for nearly 2 months. The first month is me trying to remember what happened, and the rest is me recovering my body and mind. Hopefully, I'll be okay now.

"Do you want to leave now? Or do you want to wait while I get something for you to wear?" He asked. I look down at the hospital gown I'm wearing. I turn my head to look at him.

"I'm fine with this..." I said. He just nods his head. He offer his hand to me. I place my hand on top of his, letting him pulls me up to my feet. I stumble a little. My feet still feels a little weak after being on bed for quite long. He's quick to catch me before I hit the ground.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" He asked. I just nod my head at what he said. "Do you think you can walk?" He asked. I just shake my head as a no. He let out a soft sigh. "You should've just said so..." he said. He gently places his arm behind my knees and one on my back. I gently wrap my arms around his neck, allowing him to carry me.

"I'm sorry... I just don't want to be a nuisance to you" I mumbled in a hushed voice, turning my head away from him. I flinch when I feel a soft bite on my cheek. I turn to look at him, blinking my eyes in surprise. "What was that for?" I asked, as I rub my cheek.

"Don't ever say that you're a nuisance, Y/N. No way you'll ever be a nuisance to me" he said. His voice sounded firm and stern. I gulp nervously at the way he sounded. Along with the way he looks at me when he speaks.

"Sorry..." I said, turning my head away from him. He let out a sigh and leans his forehead on the side of my head. "I just keep on relying on you to come and save me. Now, I can't even do a simple thing as walking on my own..." I said.

"Hey, look at me..." he said. I turn my head to look at him. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips. My eyes widen as I gasp. I quickly move away from him.

"I'm s-sorry. I-I c-can't..." I said. My voice cracks a little as I avoid eye-contact with Sanemi. I know that he must feel hurt by my action. But he didn't blame me.

After what happened to me, I find it hard to get too close with anyone of the opposite gender. I'm fine with being close to Sanemi if it's only involved hugging and cuddling. But to share a kiss... I think I'm gonna need some time before I can tolerate that again.

"It's okay, Y/N... I'm sorry for initiating it" he said. I turn to look at him. He smiles reassuringly at me. "I love you. I will always be with you. I'll help you get through it, okay?" He said.

"I love you too, Sanemi... and thank you" I said. He just smiles at what I said. He slowly leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead. I try my hardest not to flinch. I keep trying to assure myself that it's okay. This is Sanemi. It's not that Upper Demon. Sanemi would never hurt me. I'm okay... I'm going to be okay.

*to be continued*