Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

"Y-Y/N-S-San... d-don't g-go w-w-with him. He's the r-reason R-Rengoku-San is d-dead" I hear a weak voice. I turn my head to see Tanjiro as he struggles to get out of the rubble. His sister is not far from him, unconscious.

What should I do?

-Forgive Me-

Y/N P.O.V

"We don't have all night. I'm going to count from one to three... hurry up and make your decision, Y/N. Make your decision or I'll make it for you" the demon said. I turn my head to look at the boys and Nezuko. Tanjiro shakes his head, staring at me pleadingly. "If it's up to me... I'll end them. But if you agree to come with me willingly, I'll let these kids live" he said. I bit my lips as I look down. I feel more tears starts to fall from my eyes.

I choke out a sob as I move to stand up and walk towards Tanjiro. I kneel down in front of him. "I'm sorry for doing this, Tanjiro. I just can't let any of you die for my sake..." I said, smiling sadly at him. I slowly lift my hands, taking the necklace Sanemi got for me on our first date off. I gently place it on Tanjiro's hand. "And please tell Sanemi that I love him so much" I said, as tears starts to roll down my cheeks.

"N-No, Y/N-San. Please don't do this" he said, shaking his head. I smile apologetically at him. I lift my hand and gently caress his head. He stares pleadingly at me. His eyes are begging me not to go with the demon. I don't want to go with him either. But I don't want any of them to die because of me.

"Good choice. Now, let us be on our way, my love..." the Upper demon said. I turn to look at him briefly and turn to look at Tanjiro one last time. He desperately shakes his head.

"Forgive me..." I said, smiling sadly. I turn around and walk towards the demon who lift his hand, palm facing up. I stare at his hand for a few seconds. I look up to look at the demon. I bit my lips as I shakily lift my hand but it hovers above his hand. I slowly close my eyes as a flash of Sanemi's smile flashes before my eyes. Sanemi... I'm so sorry.

I shakily place my hand on his. He pulls me closer. I let out a gasp at his sudden move as he held me by my waist. He's being surprisingly gentle with me. He smiles at me. I can see a look of happiness reflects in his eyes.

I feel the exhaustion from the battle starts coming back as it starts to overwhelm me. My sight starts to get blurry. My eyes roll back as I fall limp in the arms of the demon responsible for my Fiancé's death. Forgive me, Kyou-Chan... was what's on my mind as everything slowly went dark.

***

Tanjiro P.O.V

The Kakushi found us the next day. I slowly open my eyes as they helped me get out of the broken rubbles of the broken building. He slowly help me get on his back. I feel tears starts falling from my cheeks as I realize what I've failed to do during the battle.

I've failed to keep the promise I made to Rengoku-San. I promised him that I'd make sure his beloved fiancé is going to be okay and that she'd always be safe. But I let her get taken away by the very same demon that killed him. Rengoku-San... I'm so sorry. I have failed you.

By the time we reach the Butterfly Estate. I notice a familiar white haired Wind Hashira is already there. He looks anxious as he stands where he is. His eyes darted around our faces. A frown starts to form on his face as he realize one person is missing.

He turn his head and make eye-contact with me. I turn my head away, too ashamed to look at him after failing to protect his girlfriend. I hear rapid footsteps as the Kakushi stops walking. I notice a pair of feet as I keep my gaze on the ground.

"Where is she?" He asked. His voice sounded calm. But there's a hint of panic in his voice. I blink my eyes as I try to stop myself from crying. "Where's Y/N?!" He said. His voice sounded more stern. He grabs my collar.

"Shinazugawa-Sama... please be careful. He's injured" the Kakushi said. He flinched when the Hashira turn to look at him with a harsh glare. "Sorry..." he said.

"Where is Y/N... tell me she's okay" he said. His voice sounded a lot calmer. I lift my head to look at him, still not saying anything. "Why won't you say something? Y/N is okay. Right?" He asked.

"Shinazugawa-San... I'm sorry..." I finally said as tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I outstretch my hand that's been clutching the necklace Y/N-San hands me. I open my palm to reveal the piece of jewelry to him.

His eyes widened as he stares at the necklace as tears starts to stream down his cheeks. His hand shakily take the necklace from me. He fisted his hand as he holds his fist against his chest as he cries softly.

"N-No... Y/N. Please tell me this isn't real you can't be gone" he said. His voice cracks as he starts to cry. His body drops on the ground as he kneels. I've never seen him so vulnerable before. Y/N-San must mean a lot to him.

"Y/N-San is not dead, Shinazugawa-San. She was taken... by the Upper Moon 3" I said. His head snap towards my direction at what I said. He sprung up to his feet as he grab my collar, yanking me forward. My body falls from the Kakushi's back as he lifted me up.

"Why did you let her get taken away by that demon? Do you have any idea what his intention with her are?? That demon is obsessed with her! Who knows what he'd be doing to her!" He said. I turn my gaze away from him.

Yeah, I know... I'm well aware about that. My nose picked up the scent of desire and want coming from that Upper demon as he held her in his arms. But I was too weak to do anything against him. I was too weak to stop him from taking Y/N-San away.

"F-Forgive me, S-Shinazugawa-San..." I said. He lets out an angry growl as he pushes me harshly. My body lands on the ground with a loud thud. I wheezed as I feel the air get forced out of my lungs.

Sanemi P.O.V

Y/N is taken by that demon. The same demon that claim to be in love with her. God... what will he do to her? What if he did something that might harm her? If only I know this would happen I would have prevented her from going to that mission. I should've gone with her. I could have protected her! 

I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm sorry for not being a better boyfriend for you. I have failed to protect you. I will find you, my love. I will find you and save you from that damn demon.

Y/N... please be okay

*to be continued*