Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"I love you too, Sanemi..." I said. He smiles brightly at me. He leans down and gently places a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, slowly wrapping arms around his neck. I notice saying 'I love you' to Sanemi have becomes a lot easier now. I guess this means that I'm finally able to open my heart for him.

-A Solo Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of pecking. I open my eyes and turn my head to look at the window to see my crow. I stand up from my futon and walks up to the window, slowly pushing it open. I smile softly as I lift my arm for my crow to perch on.

"A mission, Y/N-Sama!" She said. I nod my head as I listen to her. Apparently, there has been a case of missing people on a village. It is suspected that the demon that's lurking around there might be one of the Twelve Kizuki. So they'd need a Hashira to deal with that demon.

"I understand... I'll get ready now" I said. I give her a treat and a soft caress on her feather. She turn around and flies out of my window. I close my eyes as a soft breeze gently brush my hair. It's been a while since I went on a mission alone. I better get ready now.

I put on my uniform and grab my nichirin sword, slipping it inside my belt. I make my way towards the door once I made sure I have everything ready. I make my way out of the house, when I hear someone calling out for me. I turn around to see Sanemi.

"Are you going somewhere, Y/N?" He asked, noticing that I'm all dressed up. I look down at my clothes and tidy it up a little, before turning to look at him once again. He stares at me as he waits for my answer.

"Yeah... my crow woke me up, saying I have mission to go to" I said. Sanemi starts to frown as he stares at me with a worried gaze. "Hey, I'll be fine. I'm stronger than I look" I said. He closes his eyes as he let out a sigh.

"I don't doubt your strength, Y/N. I'm just worried that what if you face a strong opponent? You could get hurt... or worse" he said. His voice cracks a little. I gently cup his cheeks. He place his hand on top of mine, as he leans his cheek into my touch. "I've lost a lot of people in my life... I can't lose you..." he said. He leans his forehead against mine.

"I will try my best to be careful during my battle. I'll try my best to come back to you, Sanemi. I can't back down on a mission as it is my duty as a Hashira. Plus, I'm not going to be alone in this mission. I'll have other people with me... the Kamado's siblings and their friends. You know how strong and determined they are..." I said. Sanemi just let out a sigh as he pulls me into an embrace, tightening his arms around me.

"I trust you..." he said, burying his face into the crook of my neck. I smile softly as I tighten my arms around him. "I love you, Y/N" he whispered in a soft voice.

I pull away slightly to look at him and smiles. "I love you too, Nemi..." I said. He lift his hand, gently tucking my loose hair behind my ear. He leans down and gently place a soft kiss against my lips. I tilt my head slightly, kissing him back.

"Erm... L/N-San?" Someone said, in an awkward tone. I pull away from Sanemi and turn to look at the person to see it's Tanjiro and his friends. He's carrying a box on his back, which I know it's his demon little sister.

"What do you want, brat?" Sanemi asked, making the yellow haired boy flinch. I turn to look at him as I gently nudge his rib. He turn his head to look at me as I give him a look. He let out a sigh and turn his head away from the boys.

"Are you all ready to go?" I asked, in a gentle voice. They smile at me and nod their heads. I smile at him and lift a finger asking for a moment. They nod their heads. I turn to look at Sanemi. "Hey... I'll be taking my leave now, okay?" I said.

"Okay... please be careful out there, yeah?" He said. I nod my head and stand on my toes to kiss his cheek. I don't want to kiss his lips, because there's other people around us. He turn his head to look at the boys. "And for you three... four, with the demon inside that box. Make sure you don't make Y/N do all the fighting. You gotta make yourselves useful. If Y/N returns with injuries... you'll all regret it" he said, threateningly.

"Sanemi..." I said, sighing softly while shaking my head because he's scaring them. Well, mostly the yellow head boy. The young Kamado doesn't look bothered by his threat and the boar masked boy looks like he's ready to pick a fight with Sanemi.

"All right then... bye, Sanemi" I said. He nods his head and gives me one last quick hug. I let out a giggle as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, feeling a little ticklish when his hair brush against my skin. I gently pat his back a little, before gently pushing him off me. I turn around and walks away. The boys slowly follows behind me.

Once I'm a little further, I turn around to look at Sanemi who's still standing on the same spot. I smile at him and lift my hand, lightly waving at him. A small smile appear on his lips as he returns the gesture. He mouthed 'I love you' at me, making me smile and do the same.

"I don't know what you see in that man..." Agatsuma said. I turn my head to look at him with a confused gaze. He turn his head to look at me. "He's grumpy and always rough. While you're kind and gentle. You both are the polar opposites..." he said. I let out a soft giggle and ruffle his hair.

"Well... when you love someone, you put aside your difference and work together to make your relationship works. Plus, Sanemi isn't that bad. He can be gentle too" I said.

"Only to you... I saw him train his subordinates the other day, and he's not kind at all..." Kamado said. He visibly shivers as he seem to recall what he saw. I cover my mouth and let out a soft giggle.

I know how Sanemi can be when he train the rookies. But he did that because he wants them to be strong and be able to handle even the toughest situation. Those rookies won't get any stronger if he go soft on them. Deep down, under all those tough demeanor, Sanemi is a loving and sweet person.

*to be continued*