Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

I love you too, Sanemi... her voice echoed in my head. I choke out a sob as I cover my face with my hands. My heart aches painfully against my chest. Please, God... I won't ask for anything else. I just want my girlfriend back. I want to be able to hold her again. Please... give her back.

-Shattered-

Sanemi P.O.V

I'm currently training inside the training cabin. I swing my bokken sword, hitting it rapidly on the dummy. I visualize it as the Upper Moon 3. I will kill that bastard. I'll make that filthy regret ever taking my girlfriend from me!

"Shinazugawa-Sama!" Someone yelled out, bursting into the dojo. I growl angrily because my focus have been disrupt. I turn my head to look at the person with a glare, causing them to flinch. I realize it's one of the Kakushi.

"What do you want?" I said, my voice low and cold. He gulps nervously at the tone I gave him. I place my hand on my hip, while the other one is still holding the bokken sword. "Well? You dare interrupt me in the middle of my training. This better be important" I said.

"Tanjiro-Kun and his friends have found a lead of L/N-Sama's whereabout!" He said, after calming down. My eyes widen at what he said. I drop the bokken sword as I rush over to him. I place my hands on his shoulders as I stare into his eyes.

"You better not be joking!" I said, making him shakes his head rapidly. I loosen my grip from his shoulder, letting my arms fall to my side. "Finally..." I breathe out. Tears starts to gather in my eyes. I'm coming for you, Y/N.

***

I rush towards the direction Kamado's Kasugai is leading me. I notice the trio in the distance. Kamado lift his arm, allowing the Kasugai to perch on his arm. I stop running once I stand in front of him.

"Well?" I asked, not even bother to wait until I catch my breath. I just want to know what he have found that will help me find the girl I love. He turn to face me and lift his hand. I realize he's holding a haori. My eyes widen when I stare at it. I take it from his hands with shaky hands. "It's Rengoku's haori that Y/N always wore" I said.

I turn my head to look at Kamado to see him nodding his head at what I said. "Yes... it is. It still have a faint scent of Y/N-San. She's was here and it hasn't been long since they left. There is a chance that we can catch up to her. The scent heads that way" he said. He turns towards a specific direction, pointing at it with his index finger. I nod my head at what he said.

"What are you waiting for? Lead the way" I said. He nod his head and turn around. He starts to run without saying anything else. I quickly follow him along with the other two boys.

We ended up in an abandoned building. I turn my head to look at Kamado to see him staring at the building.

He turn his head to look at me

He turn his head to look at me. "The scent is coming from within this building, Shinazugawa-San..." he said. He turn to have the building again and make his way inside. I just follow him as he starts leading the way once again. I silently pray that Y/N is still here.

I jump out of the way when I feel something coming my way. I turn my head to see the pink haired demon. I growl angrily at the sight of him, while I pull out my nichirin sword.

"Finally... found you" I said. I point the sharp edge of my sword towards him. He moves to stand straighter as he stares at me with a look of hate. "Where is she?? Where is my girlfriend?" I demanded.

He let out a laugh at what I said. "Your girlfriend? Don't make me laugh, you pathetic human. Y/N isn't yours. She is mine... she is my wife" he said. My eyes widen at what he said. He let out a laugh as he places his hands on his hips. "If you don't believe what I said... why don't you ask her yourself?" He said. He looks passed me. I follow his gaze to see something being separated from our views by a thin curtain.

The curtain gently blows away by the wind, revealing a chair. On top of a chair sat a person. Not just any person. It's Y/N.

"Y/N..." I said. I quickly rush towards her, realizing that she seem to be asleep.

I place hand on her cheek

I place hand on her cheek. "Y/N... hey, love? Can you hear me?" I said. I caress her cheek with my thumb. I feel tears starts to stream down my cheeks. "I finally found you, baby. Hey, wake up... I'm here, Y/N" I said softly. I place my forehead against hers.

Her eyes flutter open. She turn her head to look at me. I smile softly at her as I place my hand on her head, gently caressing her hair. Her eyes widens as she rushes away from me. She run to stand next to the demon. Eyes never leave me, as she stares at me with a look of pure terror.

"It's okay, darling... he can't harm you..." he said. She turn to look at the demon. A smile starts to form on her lips as she stares at the Upper Demon. The demon smiles and gently ruffles her head.

"Harm her? Why would I harm her??" I said. I try to walk closer to Y/N, only for her to back away and hide behind the demon. Her action makes me stops my steps. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, not getting why Y/N seem to look at me with nothing but fear.

"Y/N... it's me. It's Sanemi... don't you recognize me?" I asked. I outstretch my arms on either side of me as she just stares at me. "It's me, Y/N. Your boyfriend" I said, staring at her desperately.

She blinks her eyes a few times as she stares at my face. Her eyes seems cold as she just stays silent. I feel my heart aches at the way she looks at me. "I'm sorry. But...

Who are you?

*to be continued*