Chapter 38

Previously on Chapter 37

We finally pull away after a while. He moves to lay on his side, pulling me closer. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. I snuggle closer to his chest. I close my eyes as I let myself drift off to sleep.

-Let Us Be One Whole Family-

Y/N P.O.V

Sanemi woke me up quite early in the morning, saying he wanted to take me somewhere. He said that he had requested Mitsuri to look after D/N for us while we're going out. I'm a bit reluctant to leave my daughter alone. I'm worried it might be a trouble for Mitsuri. She kindly assured that I can count on her in looking after D/N for me.

Sanemi gently held my hand as we walk side by side. He is not telling me where he's taking me to, saying that it's going to ruin the surprise. So I decided to just trust him. I know Sanemi wouldn't plan anything that would make me uncomfortable.

"Alright... we're here" he said. I furrowed my eyebrows as I look forward. There's nothing here, only a lake. The water is crystal clear that I can see the little fishes under. I turn my head to look at Sanemi as he chuckles at my reaction. He lift his hand, gently cupping the side of my cheek. "We're going for a swim. If that's okay with you? Of course, this isn't going to be the only thing we'd be doing today..." he said.

"Sure... I love to swim" I said. I walk forward and start to take off my uniform. I turn my head to see Sanemi as he just stares at me. "It's not fair that I'm the only one stripping, you know?" I said. He snaps out of his daze and quickly follows my action. Until all that's left are our undergarments. I walk towards the lake and starts to dip my toe. I shiver from how cold it is. I let out a shriek out of fright when Sanemi suddenly picks me up.

"It can't be that bad..." he said. He walks towards the water with me in his arms. "Oh yeah... it is cold. Well, sorry about this" he said. He has a mischievous grin on his face. I paled a little knowing that he's planning to do something. I let out a scream as he tosses me into the water.

"Sanemi!!! That is so not nice!" I scolded him. He let out a laugh at my reaction. I huffed and crossed my arms. It didn't take long for my body to adjust to the coldness of the water. Sanemi slowly makes his way over to me. He gently wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. We move our legs to keep ourselves afloat.

I place my hands on his chest as he held me in his arms. "This is actually quite nice. Well, minus the part where you practically threw me into the freezing water" I said, pouting as I said the last sentence. He let out a laugh at my choice of words. He gently places a soft kiss on the tips of my nose.

"But it's quite refreshing, don't you think?" He said. I let out a huffed and smiles softly at him while nodding my head. He smiles happily at me as he leans his forehead against mine.

He slowly releases me and dive under the water. I follow his lead, diving under as well. He moves closer to me, cupping my cheek as he smiles. He leans in and gently places his lips against mine while we're still underwater. I gently tangle my fingers in his hair as I kiss him back. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. Sharing a kiss underwater kind of makes it feel more passionate than how it normally feels.

We pull away and resurface to breathe. I turn my head to look at Sanemi. "Wow... that feels different. It's a good different..." I said, smiling at him. He let out a chuckle and nod his head in agreement.

"Yeah" he said, smiling softly at me. He gently brushed aside my hair that had gotten to my face. He place a soft kiss on my forehead. "Wanna sunbath for a while?" He asked. I smile softly and nod my head. We swim back to the shore.

Sanemi laid out a blanket on the ground. He lays down and pat his arm, gesturing me to lay down on his arm to act as a pillow. I just do as told. He pulls me closer to his side.

"I've said this once before. But I'll say it again... I'm so glad the sunlight didn't bother me, otherwise I would've missed sweet moments like this" I said. I pull away just a little to look at him. I smile softly at him. He smiles at me and hugs me close.

"Even if you're not immune to the sunlight. We would have figured out something else we can do under the moonlight" he said. I smile softly at what he said. He always knows what to say to make me feel better. He just knows me so well. I snuggle closer to his side as he hugs me tight.

"Hey, Y/N?" Sanemi called out after we lay in silence. I pull away slightly to look at him. He's staring at the sky for a brief moment. He turns his head to look at me not long after.

"What is it, Sanemi?" I asked. He bit his lips, looking like he wants to say sorry something. "You can tell me anything. I'm here to listen. May it be your problem or anything at all..." I said. He smiles at my words as he gently caress my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"I love you so much, Y/N. The days I spent without you were nothing but pure torture. I never wanna be without you, because you... are my world, Y/N" he said. I feel my heart flutter at his love-filled statement.

"And you are mine, Sanemi... I love you too..." I said, making him smile softly at me. He gently move my head so he can sit up. I just follow along. He turn his body to face me and gently grab a hold of my hands.

"I want us to be one whole family... with nothing to tear us apart from one another. I want us to spend the rest of our lives together. You, me and D/N..." he said. He stares at me with a gentle and loving gaze. He lift my hands, placing a soft kiss on each knuckles. He turn his head to look at me. "Y/N... will you marry me? And be mine forever..." he said.

I feel tears building in my eyes at what he said. "Yes... of course, Sanemi..." I said. He smiles brightly at me. He reaches over to his haori and takes out a small velvet box. He opens it to reveal a beautiful ring.

"Swans

"Swans..." I said, noticing the design. I turn my head to look at him. He smiles softly and nod his head. "I still remember what you said. When you give this necklace to me..." I said, lifting my hand as I gently traces the pendant.

"Yeah... swan resembles pure love as it only has one partner in its entire lifetime. Just like you and me, my love" he said. He takes the ring out of the box, grabbing a hold of my hand. I smile softly as he gently slip the ring on my ring finger. I turn to look at Sanemi. He lift his hands, as he gently cup my cheeks. "Thank you so much for saying 'yes,' Y/N... I love you" he said, in a soft voice.

"I love you too... of course I said yes. You mean so much to me, Sanemi..." I said. He smiles and leans in, gently placing his lips against mine. I scoot closer to him as I slowly wrap my arms around his neck. I tilt my head to the side so I can deepen the kiss. He hugs me tighter as we continue to kiss. This man is truly everything to me.

*to be continued*