Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

I know how Sanemi can be when he train the rookies. But he did that because he wants them to be strong and be able to handle even the toughest situation. Those rookies won't get any stronger if he go soft on them. Deep down, under all those tough demeanor, Sanemi is a loving and sweet person.

-Dangerous-

Y/N P.O.V

"We should be arriving at the village very soon..." I said, as we keeps on walking on the rocky pathway. I turn my head slightly to look at the three boys as they walk behind me. I notice Agatsuma getting a little tensed at what I just said. I'm surprise he managed to survive this far despite being such a scaredy cat. Maybe there's more to him than he let out.

I turn my head to look forward, and surely enough I can see a small outlines of the villages. "There it is... just a little further" I said, while smiling. I hear a whine and turn my head to see Agatsuma sitting on the ground while hugging his knees. He have tears streaming down both of his cheeks. "What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"Oh, that's just Monitsu... he's just being a wimp" Hashibira said. I turn to give him a look for calling his friend such name. He visibly flinched at the stare.

I let out a sigh and slowly walk towards Agatsuma. I sit kneel down in front of him. I lift my hand, gently placing my hand on top of his arm. He turn his head to look at me with tears in his eyes.

"Agatsuma-Kun..." I said, in a gentle voice. He sniffles as he just stares at me. I smile softly and gently caress his arm. "It's going to be alright. You're stronger than you let yourself believe..." I said, softly.

"No I'm not! I'm extremely weak! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!!!" He exclaimed as he starts squirming around on the ground. I just stare at him as a drop of sweat runs down the side of my head.

I hear a sigh behind me and turn my head to see it's Kamado. He crosses his arms as he just stares at Agatsuma with an unreadable expression on his face. I'm guessing the yellow head has been acting this way since the first day they met.

I flinch when a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turn my head to see Agatsuma. "Wahhhh, Y/N-San!! You'd protect me, right?? Or... or please marry me! I don't want to die as a miserable lonely guy! You're my last hope!" He cried out, while clutching onto me.

"Zenitsu!! Be respectful!" Kamado scolded. He walks up to him and yanks him off of me. "Y/N-San is older than you! And besides... she's Shinazugawa-San's girlfriend!" He said, scolding Agatsuma who just keeps on wailing loudly.

I let out a sigh and move to stand up. I place my hands on my hips. "Agatsuma" I said, with a stern voice. He flinch at the tone of my voice. He quickly move to sit on both of his knees.

"Y-Yes..." he said. His voice cracks a little showing how nervous he is. The look of fear is evident in his eyes. I blink my eyes in surprise, realizing the tone of my voice must have made him more nervous. I let out a sigh as I lower my fists from my hips. I slowly walk towards him and leans down to meet to be on the same eye-level as his.

"Tell me your reason..." I said. He blinks his eyes with a questioning look on his face. "Your reason why you chose to be a demon slayer" I said. He bit his lips as he starts to tell me his reason. I just stay quiet as I listen to him.

Apparently, he was winded up in debts because of a girl he once loved. As a result he have no choice but to be a Demon Slayer to pay of his debts. I let out a sigh, feeling pity for the poor yellow head boy. I lift my hand, placing it on top of his head.

"Look... I'm sorry for what happened to you, Agatsuma-Kun. But if you want to pay off your debts. You can't just keep on backing down on every given missions. You've survived this far... I'm sure if you try your best, you'd be alright" I said. He sniffled at what I said. I smile softly as I gently caress his yellow hair, ruffling it gently making his cheeks turn a bright shade of pink at my affectionate gesture. "I'm sure of it..." I said, in a gentle voice. I give him a close eyes smile as an attempt to comfort him.

I open my eyes and stands up. I offer my hand to him. He hesitantly lift his hand, placing it on top of mine. I pull him up to his feet. I smile softly, while gently placing a hand on his back giving it an encouraging pat.

"Alright... now that he had calmed down, let's continue our journey to the village, yeah?" I said, turning to the other two boys. They both nod their heads at what I said. I smile brightly at them and turn around. I start to walk with the three boys and the demon girl inside the box close behind me.

A While Later

We're now walking along the pathway of the village. I notice everyone who's walking around the area gave of a sense of fear. I can't blame them about that. Every night must have been a living nightmare for each of them. They would have to worry if they'd be able to live through the nights and survive until the next sun rises.

"I smell so many fears coming from them..." Kamado said. I turn my head to look at him as he solemnly glance around the village. Kamado is known to have a very sharp sense of smell. So sharp that he can even smell emotions.

Aside from the sense of fear. I can feel an huge amount of evil. Any normal human who can feel this would freeze up in fear. Even I can feel the slight fear growing within me.

This mission could be more dangerous than we expected. If the demon managed to spread fear so strong. It must be very terrifying. We have to get rid of it as soon as possible so the people here can live their lives peacefully.

*to be continued*