Chapter 27

Previously on Chapter 26

"Sanemi..." she breathed out. Her eyes slowly rolled back a little as she falls limp in my arms. I quickly catches her before her body hits the ground to make sure she didn't get hurt. I cradle her in my arms as I kneel on the ground. She called out my name. Looks like there's still hope for me to get Y/N back to her old self. I won't give up... I won't give up until I get the old Y/N back.

-Remember Me-

Sanemi P.O.V

I pick her up and walk towards the bed. I gently lay her down on the bed. I kneel down next to the bed. I lift my hand, placing it on her head. I stare at her sleeping face as I play with her soft h/c colored hair.

The door to the room slowly moves open. I turn my head to see Kocho. She stares at me with a stern gaze. "I told you to not force her... your action would only stress her more" she said. I look away from her and stare at Y/N. I gently grab her hand, lifting it to my lips as I place a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

"She said my name, Kocho... somewhere within her. She still remembers me" I said. A small smile form on my face. I turn my head to look at her. "There's still hope that she'd return to the old her" I said. She uncross her arms, letting them fall on her sides.

"But you still shouldn't force her, Shinazugawa-San... let the memories comes to her naturally" she said. I just nod my head at what she said. I know that I shouldn't. But I was so desperate for her to remember me. But now that I know I'm still somewhere in her mind, puts me at ease a little.

I just have to figure out how I can get her to remember me. There's nothing I want more than to have the old Y/N back. The sweet and loving girl that I love so much. I just want her back.

I smile softly as I watch her sleeps. Her chest rises and falls at rhythmically. I place my head on the bed as I close my eyes. I haven't been getting a good sleep these passed few months after her disappearance. But now that she's back, I think a good sleep would be nice. My breathing slowly evened out as I drift off to sleep.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes. I look up at the ceiling for a few seconds before noticing a lingering warmth on my hand. I turn my head to the side and notice someone is asleep while holding my hand. The most noticeable feature of the person is their hair. I soon realize it's the man that have been trying desperately to get me to remember.

I stare at the man's face. Despite being a demon and he's a Demon Slayer. I don't feel any ill intention coming from him. Instead, the way he handled my hand feels so gentle like he truly cares about me.

He starts to move in his sleep. I watch silently as he opens his eyes. He turn his head to look at me. He quickly move his hand from mine, as if he didn't want me to feel scared or uncomfortable. For some reason, I miss the warmth of his hand in mine.

"You're awake, Y/N..." he said. I just turn my head away from him. "How... how are you feeling?" He asked, in a soft voice. I turn my head to look at him.

"I feel fine..." I said. He just hums softly at what I said. I bit my lips as I turn my head away from him again. "Why did you brought me here? And not kill me on sight when I was asleep? I'm a demon... and you're a Slayer. Shouldn't that be your job to get rid of demons like me?" I asked.

"I could never hurt you... and killing you? That would be asking for the impossible" he said. I turn my head to look at him after he said that. I frown at what he said.

"But why? I'm a demon. It's your job, isn't it? Wouldn't you be breaking the rules for protecting me instead of killing me?" I said. He stares at me for a few seconds as he stays silent. He let out a sigh and lowers his gaze to look at my hand which is placed on my lap.

He seem hesitant. But in the end, he cautiously reaches out and tenderly hold my hand. He makes it seems like he's okay if I try to pull my hand away from his. But I just keep my hand still. I stare at his hand which is entwined with mine.

"Because I love you... even though you've turned into a demon. I still love you the same" he said, in a soft voice. He turn his head to look at me and smiles. "My love for you will never change no matter what. I now understand what Kamado feels when his sister turned into a demon. I promise you, Y/N. I will turn you back to the old you..." he said.

"Kamado?" I questioned. He turn to look at me and nod his head. I try to rack my brain, trying to remember who they are. But no matter how hard I try. I can't seem to recall any memories about them.

"Kamado Tanjiro and his little sister, Kamado Nezuko. You forgot about them too?" He questioned. I stare at my lap and nod my head. I don't know why, but I feel upset. It's like those two were someone I hold dear.

I feel a hand gently cupping my cheek, turning my head until my eyes are met with a pair of pale purple eyes. His thumb starts to caress my cheek gently, as he wipe the tears from my cheeks. I didn't even realize that I had been crying.

"I'll help you remember, Y/N. I'll help you remember me... remember us. Remember everyone who you care about" he said. I just stare at him as he slowly moves to sit on the edge of the bed. He places a hand on the side of my head, gently pulling me closer to him until my head is rested on his shoulder. "I promise you that..." he said, in a hushed voice.

I feel my body relaxing as he gently held me close. I slowly close my eyes as I scoot closer to his side. His arm tightening slightly around me. The feeling of his arm makes me feel safe. It's different from when Akaza held me. It seems like he's not lying when he said we're in love with each other.

I want to remember...

*to be continued*