Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

For once... I want to be selfish and not think about what would happen in the future and just focus on the now. All I want now is for Sanemi-San to open his eyes. To assure me that he will always be there for me, even if it's a lie.

-All I Need Is A Chance-

Y/N P.O.V

I continue to cry as I lay my head against Sanemi-San's chest. His heartbeat is still loud and steady. But it's not enough. I want him to open his eyes and to look at me with his caring eyes as he assures me he'd always be there by my side.

"I promise I'll give you a chance, Sanemi-San... so please, just wake up..." I cried out. I clutch the front of shirt of his hospital gown's shirt. "I can't lose anyone again" I said. Tears keeps streaming down my cheeks. 

I feel a hand gently running through my hair. I flinch and lift my head. A pair of pale purple eyes staring back at me. A small smile is present on his lips as he stares at me.

"I'm here, Y/N... I'll always be here" he said. My eyes widen at the sound of his voice. He lift his hand, cupping the side of my cheek as he gently wipe the tears. "I can't promise for how long, but for as long as I live... I won't ever leave you" he said.

"S-Sanemi-San..." I cried out. I blink my eyes, making tears fall from them. He smiles softly at me as he gently move his hand from my cheek to the back of my neck. He gently pulls me down until I'm laying next to him. I place my head on the crook of his neck as he held me close. I wrap my arm around his torso while the other one is on his chest as I start to cry softly.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I was so scared that you won't ever wake up..." I said, my voice cracking a little. I feel his hand gently running through my hair. I pull away to look at him with tears in my eyes. "Are you really okay?" I asked.

"I am..." he said. He place his hand on my head as I place my head on his chest again. I tighten my arm around his torso. He move his hand to place it on top of mine which is resting on his chest. "I'm here..." he said, comfortingly as I continue to cling onto him. I'm just so glad that he's okay.

I smile softly to myself as I close my eyes. I suddenly feel sleepy, having unable to properly rest ever since we got here because I was worrying about Sanemi-San. But now that Sanemi-San is awake, I can rest easy. I let my body relaxes as I drift off to sleep.

Sanemi P.O.V

I hear a soft snore coming from Y/N. I tilt my head a little to see Y/N asleep. I smile softly to myself as I stare at her face. She looks so peaceful. Which is a rare sight ever since Rengoku passed away. She would always look so tired and frail.

Please wake up, Sanemi-San... I promise that I'd give you a chance. So please, just wake up a voice echoed in my head. I blink my eyes as I recall the voice I heard when I was still unconscious. I turn my head to look at Y/N once again. Did she really mean that? Will she actually give me a chance?

***

Y/N P.O.V

I scoop up some food with a spoon, and bring it closer to Sanemi-San's lips. I smile softly as I feed him his lunch while he leans his back against the bed's headboard, as I sit near him on the edge of the bed. He just stays silent as he eats every bites I fed him.