Chapter 65 - Finale

The crowd started going mad when they heard my name, one man lifted me up, and eventually people gathered around lifting me up one by one towards the stage. Everyone were screaming my name. Steve was confused. He paused.
"I can here y'all yelling my fiancè's name, I'm sorry you guys unfortunately she couldn't make it today".
" She's here " One man screamed on top of his lungs as the crowd was holding me.
It felt so uncomfortable, adrenaline rushed.
"Oh Leah, what are you doing here, come here" He said, he was grinning so much. "Guards help her out please , be careful" He said. They carefully landed me near the stage. Steve reached out his hand. "Come up babe" He said putting away his Mic .
He took his mic back and said. "I think we can do a special performance today what do you say?".
I was confused and nervous, " Come on babe I know you can sing well " He said telling , the workers to hand over a mic to me. The crowd went nuts, it was absolutely unexpected for them, it was even more for me.
Some would definitely claim this was staged , little do they know the adrenaline rush in my body.
I wanted to say "I can't do this" And run away. Until I remembered

"no it's not that , I mean , its you james , I like you , I love you , I have a huge crush on you , I know that dating isn't your thing and you don't believe in love. I don't know if this is love I feel towards you , I've even cried sometimes because I -"

Running away is not the solution, I don't want to embaress Steve.
I whispered in his ear "what song is it"
"Wait and see and sing along" He said winking.
He knows that I know every song he has sung by heart. We have the habit of playing music together in our free time.
As soon as the music started, I knew what song it was. Steve fixed his eyes on me as he started singing.

"You're my daisy, and my sunflower, do you realize, you bring blooms of happiness into my life".

I started to sing alongside with him.

" You show me stars I've never seen. .."

Now these lyrics make so much meaning to me, he used the words in the letters James wrote for me to frame this song. Both Steve and I know at this point this is no love song between us , but it's a tribute to someone who's dead and long gone. This song is a fragment of memory of him which me and Steve will preserve for the rest of our lives. I know Steve wouldn't want this but he tells me he finds happiness in my smile. I smile at him, when we finish.

Then he knelt down holding my hand.
"Steve are you kidding me" I whispered.
He said no.
"Leah, will you marry me?" He asked, the crowd went crazy.
"Yes, yes I will" I nodd. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on my lips.
After he pulled back, I closed my mouth, that was so unexpected but very romantic at the same time. "I'll meet you after the concert babe" He whispered in my ear. I nodded.
His bodyguards found me a place to sit safely and watched over me till the concert was over.

After the concert , he held my hand and took me out into the crowd with him. They got autographs from , the paparazzi were pushing their way through questioning him about what happened in the concert. Steve refused to give an answer his bodyguards shooed them away.

Steve was sweating by then, I chose to drive the car. He held my hand since it was an automatic car.
"Do you even realize how much I love you? " He said.
"No Steve I don't, in fact I cannot understand how much you love me., I feel like I don't even deserve you sometimes." I said squeezing his hand. "Trust me, your the best guy I've ever met"
"Oh baby" He said and smiled. "I'm really exhausted today"
"I understand, we'll go to our hotel rooms, and then you can rest okay"

I stayed back at steve's room making him coffee while he showered and came out. I started drying his hair as soon as he came out, his hand was knit into mine. After drying his hair, he pulled me close and our eyes were leveled with each other.
"What?" I smiled.
"Your soon to be miss. Browns"
"Stop" I said smiling.
"Leah Elisabeth Browns" He said raising his eye brows.
"Stop it steve" I let out a giggle.
"Leah Elizabeth Browns".
I kissed his cheek.
" I have to go, your coffee is ready baby" I said.
He held my hand "do you really have to go? " He pouted.
"Yea , anyways we are going to be together after our wedding, no hurry." I smiled.
"Fine I understand" He said.
I turned back and gave him a hug.
"I love you so much" I said kissing his cheek for the last time before I walked out.
It's time.
It's time to say to my past, it's over, and it cannot repeat itself anymore.
I'm a different person than who I was before, times have changed, my lifestyle has changed.
For some reasons I feel bolder and stronger than who I was before.

When I made it back to my home in Orlando, I stacked up all the letters from Matthew. I piled them up and threw them into fire. I don't want to hold any memories of this anymore. I can't hold on to this and Steve at the same time.
Now's the time I step into a better future with the guy I love and I cannot let anything hinder that.

I'm really sorry Matthew for everything. I know I'm late, I'm too late for everything. Even though I it's hard, I have to leave you behind once in for all.

This is for Steve, and for the future I hold ahead. Yea , I loved you, now I love someone else. Everything you did for me, I appreciate that deeply. I hope you've found peace in your afterlife.

As of for the resin necklace. I'll preserve it , this will be the only memory of yours I'm holding back, reminding me of the untold story behind the cold eyes of yours.

This will be a reminder for me never to judge anyone hastily, you've thought me a lesson, I'll treasure that forever.

Yours,
Leah Elizabeth lopez.