Chapter 17

This time I made it. I sat next to him. I waved at him with a happy smile. He smiled and looked away. I tried to start a conversation but before I even tried he was indulgent in doing his math problems. He doesn't even want to waste time is it ?.
"Harvard or Stanford ?" I ask him.
"Harvard med school" he whispered while he was solving maths.
"Why did you pick math"
"I love math  , I'm strong in maths Miss. Lopez"
"Call me Leah " I tell him.

I recall what happened yesterday. I was in his arms yesterday. I almost squeak. By the time I turn around someone took a seat next to me. It was Caleb. "Since when are you sitting in the front desk ?" He asked me smirking. "Since now " I tell him. I try to avoid him and he understood the signs and kept quiet

Two others walked into the class. Patricia and Brendon. Both were holding hands. "Hello Leah , meet My boyfriend" she tell me looking at Brendon. Brendon looks away avoiding eye contact. So it was so easy to move on huh. I roll my eyes. Patricia comes storming toward James. "Hi james good morning" she tells her brushing his hair. I watch her as my stomach tightens.

"Good morning" James tells completely avoiding eye contact. "You'd better Get off my place" Patricia yells at me fixing her glare. "Get off Leah" she yells. "I don't see your name written in this desk" I yell back. She shook the desk
"I don't Care I always  sit here this Is my place".
I suddenly loose balance and the chair falls off. I hit my head on the wooden floor. Patricia bit her pointer finger between her teeth "oops I may have tripped she said".My eyes became watery and my cheeks became pink. Pain spread across my head Like a shockwave. Tears drip down. It was painful and my head hurt so bad. James immediately got off his desk and helped me. He opened the desk and helped me get up. I was trembling and crying from pain. James wrapped his arm around my shoulder and helped me balance. "Why are you crying so much , it doesn't even hurt so much" Patricia said. "oh really ?" A familiar voice was heard. My vision went blurry from the tears and as I turn around I see Steve slap , literally slap Patricia. "Don't you dare touch her" he yells at her her. Brendon doesn't say anything as Patrica looks at him helplessly placing her arm on his Cheek.

"Your bleeding" James tells , touching my hair. "You're fucking bleeding" he panics. my vision went blurry , before I knew It blacked out.

I was at the infermetary when I woke up. Steve was sitting beside me with his hand on his head. "God Leah you are okay" his eyes lit up.I had a huge plaster around my forehead.  He hugged me so tight. "I was so worried". He looked like he finally rose up from being dead for ages. I touch the part of my head which was paining. I had a plaster wrapped around my head. the nurse walked in along with my mother. "My baby" Mom yelled. She kissed my forehead. "Steve told me everything what happened ,I'm going to talk to the principal about this , I can't let this happen to you once more".
"Mom its okay let her be" I tell her. Because yet again I could be so merciful to forgive her because even though the pain was too much. James held me. He was holding me the whole time. I was able to bear the pain because he was holding me. I could picture his face so close to mine. Our nose almost touching. That concerned look on his face.  His beautiful eyes fixed on mine. I want to be his.

"Shut up Leah I am going right now , you take rest. And oh I bought you you're favorite cranberry juice ,I'm keeping it here". She placed that on the night stand beside me. And then she picks up a letter. "What is this ?" she asked me flipping back and forth. I reach out my hand gesturing her to give it to me and she finally does. Then she walks out saying "I love you baby".
"Another letter from anonymous huh ?" Steve winks at me.
"I roll my eyes".

I open it.

Dear Leah,
     I know you're going to hate me for doing this but I did it anyway , I kissed your forehead when you were sleeping. No one was there it was just you and I . how can I stop myself from kissing this angel. She was so pretty and I couldn't resist myself from doing it. I love you and I would die for you if I have to.

Yours,
Anonymous

I gross our at the same time I felt like I was so close to finding who it could possibly be.

"Steve what happened when I fainted".

"Ah , well something really cute happened actually you would want to rewind Time just to feel that moment again" Steve winked again.

"What happened" I squeak.

"Once you fainted since you were in James' arms he carried you here"

"Oh my god say what ?" Butterflies started moving in my stomach. My cheeks flushed. I covered my face with my fingers.

"But along with him Caleb and Brendon joined along because they couldn't help but feel pity towards you" Steve laughed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Steve I really wish I could feel the moment again , you know about him carrying. Deep down I feel like your lying"

"why would I lie Leah ?". He opened his eyes wide.

"Did you by any chance leave outside somewhere ? While I was admitted" I ask Steve.

"Oh well yea I went to grab some snacks from the canteen"

OK while steve was gone this anonymous person managed to Get in and kiss my forehead.

I don't know if I should feel disgusted or appreciate it because I don't even know who he is. If he's going to do things to me out of my will , I don't know where its going to end. What if he breaks into my house and does something to me. There is still a possibility he's probably not even from my school. What if he's a kidnapper or something. Things could turn around anytime. I have to be careful. I wrote a letter behind the letter he / she wrote as a reply.

Dear anonymous,

             I'm absolutely disappointed that you took advantage of my rest period when I was uncautious. Never do this again. I don't like it when people do that to me , other than the close ones.

Yours ,
Leah.