chapter 15

After drying my hair Brendon wrapped his hand around my waist again. "Leah... Do you like me". His desperate eyes met mine. "You can be honest I won't trouble you anymore".
I nods "yes Brendon I don't... I actually like someone else now. Who doesn't probably like me". I tell him hugging to his sweater.
"I knew it" he slammed the desk.
"It's Steve isn't it ?" He grit his teeth.
"No Steve is my best friend we don't have feelings for each other"
"He has feelings for you its pretty evident are you blind ?" He asks me . "Thats why I wanted you to get rid of him" he yelled.
"I'm leaving" I reach out to the door.
"Wait... Wait..."He holds my hand. I look into Brendon's face. The same old guy who was unsure if he wanted me. The same Red head , the same beautiful freckles and sharp features  , the same blue eyes.But I can only imagine Steve and Elissa cursing me with every other word in English dictionary.  "Leah , I just want to hold you one last time before I let go.. Of you" he tells me.
I just Stand there without telling anything but it was a yes.

He hugs my waist tightly. I could smell his Deo , it was fruity and elegant. Like I cannot find words to describe it.  I hug him by his shoulder. While letting me loose he kisses my cheek. "Goodbye Leah " he whispers and he opens the door and we both walk down together. We spot steve amidst
the crowd. I rush down to see him. His eyes met Brendon. "You...what are you doing here" he asked him ignoring me. He grabbed him by his collar "what we're you doing man ? Stay away from Leah will you" he yelled at Brendon. "What is your problem ? Why are you acting as though she's your girlfriend" Brendon yelled back and pushed his hands away. "Why the heck would you tell everyone that you slept with Leah?" He grabbed his collar again. Steve looked so angry. Brendon did what again. I stand there stunned trying to catch my breadth. "Because she did" he accused me. "She's not a virgin anymore , you can ask her" he laughed. "Leah , am I right ?". How could he have the nerve to ask me something like that when we didnt even do anything, he just hugged me that's it. "Steve he's lying" I say in a heavy voice. A crowd gathered around us and everyone were looking at the drama Brendon just put on.
"Stop it Leah every one knows how obsessed you are with me" He declares to the whole crowd. Caleb joins in "oh yes he's right , do you remember last time you went like , Brendon please .. Brendon let's be together, let's work this out ,when he clearly said he didnt want to date you. You begged him how pathetic" he tells me. "And now you want to prove you didnt sleep with him , when you guys clearly spent half an hour in that room" Caleb continues. "Come on Leah we all know how spicy things go when your alone. Stop lying" he tells in front of everyone. The whole crowd was speechless like they were agreeing to what Caleb was saying. I started shedding tears  "I -- but I didn't... I didn't do that" I start crying. "I swear I didnt do that".
Brendon walked down to me. "See Leah I told only my close ones about this but your friend over here thew a drama and invited a whole crowd invading our privacy" he said wrapping his hand on my shoulder. "Get off me" I say. Trying to hold my anger putting myself together I rush to the nearest exit. With tears in my eyes. I land in someone's arm. He got hold of me tightly as I was crying. It was James it was him. I felt comfort , I felt my heart racing. "Please don't cry Leah , please, you look so beautiful when you smile you know that" he whispers to me. I just didn't want to know if I was dreaming. Like he didn't  just say that. It felt so real. I didnt look back I buried my face on his clothes. Gripping his shirt tight. I didnt want to let go. It felt good and painful at the same time , I didnt want to hug him at a situation where I'm so pathetic. I wanna hug him with all my heart. I gently push him away and smile at him before Steve receives me and pulls me out of the crowd. We get in the car Alicia's car, Alicia was at the back seat.
"Are you out of your mind Leah" Steve yells. "You don't know , how we felt when we saw you were missing from the church".
"thank goodness me and Steve came out and searched for you" Alicia commented.
"Alicia told me she saw you with Elissa last ,so I had to call her to know your location"
"I don't know what are we going to tell miss. Lopez , its 10:30 already" Alicia looked super anxious.
Alicia doesn't have parent issue. Her , and her parents attend different churches . She could always tell she dropped by to have lunch. But me here is the only one who's got my mom on fire. I check my phone to see five missed calls from her. Steve's phone started buzzing. "Can you please attend the call Leah" he tells me. Yes it was my mom. "Hi ma.." I tell her.
"just where are you Leah , why , where on earth are you" she yelled.
"Well I'm ... With Steve and Alicia we are going to have lunch outside"
"since when did you start going out without my permission?"
"Since now" I tell her and hangup the phone. I was in fact really hungry.
"Guys I need waffles" I say as my stomach makes noices. My stomach was twitching From the fear of facing my mom at the same time buzzing because I was hungry.
"Shut up Leah" Steve and Alicia shout in unision.

"I don't think Elissa is a good friend Leah" Alicia adds. "I don't think you can rely on her anymore".
"Alicia shut up" my voice grew cold for the first time In a long time. "Shes always been there for me and she's the only one who will come running for me when there is a problem"

"Where is she now ?" Steve yelled. "She didn't even stand up for you a midst all that drama" Steve commented.
"Steve I can't believe you out of all people is telling this about her" I yell trying to defend her.
"but she has changed Leah" he yells back "get that into your head , she's becoming toxic".