Chapter 46

Dear Leah,
I hope you are well , I hope your recovering from the loss that you faced.

This is probaly the fourth or fifth letter he sent me asking about my emotional health.

I really wish I could be your valentines day date , I'd like to hold your hand and take you alone to dance during the prom. I really don't have the guts to ask you out , I really wish I could just hold you , but trust me. I am holding  you in my heart. Maybe , just maybe someday we both could really hold each other and maybe someday I'll have the guts to tell you how much I admire you and love you. Your the prettiest girl I know. The sweetest and the smartest. No one compares to you. If you find no ask outs under your desk , well I threw them all away , because I got a little jelous, I'm sorry Leah I can't stand seeing you dance with someone else , someone else holding you.
I really want you to be mine.
Yours ,
Anonymous

This is getting creepy. Dude had the nerve to throw my ask outs like that.  Who comes so early to school having enough time to throw all of my ask outs. Anyways I wouldn't have found a potential date. I really didn't want to go to the prom or maybe , I could try asking James if he'd like to be my date. 
I look at him and I become nervous , I don't even know if I'll be able to do something like that but this is my chance. If I don't do it now , this is our senior year I'd never be able to do it again. That's when someone patted my shoulder. I turned around.
"Uhm , Steve" I look at him. He had a huge bouquet with a greeting card. I guess he's going to ask out his prom date.
"Whoa who's that lucky girl" I ask jokingly.
"you think she'd be a lucky girl to be my date ?" he asks me.
"I mean your handsome and your talented too , and a keeper. So yea lucky girl indeed" I cheer him up but I didn't have a good feeling about it. My stomach burned , I was jelous. But I can't be jelous , Steve is just a normal friend of mine.
He held my hand. "I want to take you to the prom with me Leah , will you be my date ?"
"your joking right?" I laughed.
"what made you think I was joking?"
"Steve we are best friends , this is so awkward"
"it's just one night , and that too we won't be dating , chill. Leah if you think I'm into you , you got the wrong idea we are just friends. it's just that I'm more comfortable around you that's why I'd prefer you over any other girl. "
"Hmm.. Okay sounds fun , I've never been to homecoming before so , I think it is a good idea" I smile at him. "Yes Steve I'd love to be your prom date". I give a one last look at James. He was looking at me right into my eyes. I tried to reach out to him but , he walked to his math class.

                              💖💖💖

I looked at myself in the mirror, I never felt this gorgeous before, I was wearing a beautiful prom dress. Even though mom didn't like the idea of me going to the prom , she allowed it because my date was Steve. It was a beautiful red , sleeveless gown with a little slit and heart neck. It was a little revealing but eye-catching. I had to convince mom a hundred times before she finally agreed. I feel different , confident and excited. Unfortunately even though Steve is my neighbor he won't be able to pick me up , since he's with his friends and they are all going together as a group he said we all will meet up at the homecoming and he'd drive me back home. I booked a cab and left , after hugging my mom. Once I entered the ballroom. I was greeted by Nonnie and Justin. They spoke to me for a while and then I met , Alicia , she brought Gabriel with her. I was patiently waiting for Steve. Alicia was wearing a full hand , square neck , fish styled gown. She was so pretty and her makeup was well done. For the first time , I'm seeing her with make up , she looks Gorgeous. Gabriel , was mesmerized. I always thought it would be Steve and Alicia , because I somehow knew Alicia liked Steve.

Then I see Veronica , she was with James. As expected ,Veronica and James get along pretty well but that was unexpected. I fix my gaze at Veronica fixing his tie a little and helping him out. Then she walked towards a bunch of girls and boys who were her friends. My stomach burned so much. I couldn't tolerate the sight I really wish Steve came at this point so that I don't have to see all this. Just as Veronica disappeared with her friends , James decided to walk out of the ballroom to the garden outside. This is my chance so I follow him. But it started raining by the time I got to the garden. I don't think James would be outside , that was until I saw him sitting on a black car , trying to light up a cigarette. He was getting wet. And the lighter , he was shielding the cigarette with his palm and he started to smoke. As crazy as I'd ever be , I half jog towards him. I don't know what was I thinking maybe I didn't want to loose an opportunity of being alone with him. By the time I got there my hair got wet. He threw the cigarette as soon as he saw me.
"What are you doing here , you'll probably catch cold" he said. 
"I wanted , to tell you something"
"you need to get in"
"No I don't want to go in, as long as you don't want to come with me" I said.
"I have social anxiety and I don't dance" he said. "I came here thinking it would probably work out , but it didn't , Veronica has a backup date anyways so it doesn't matter , and plus I love the rain". he wasn't wearing his glasses. His has was dripping wet covering his forehead. He was handsome , even more Handsome without glasses. "Now what is it that you wanted to tell me ?"
"James I really want you to be my date"
His eyes grew wide. Like he was'nt expecting me to say that to him.