Chapter 28

Today is the last day before winter holidays I open up my locker during lunch break, with puffy eyes from exhaustion. Another letter I take it out. For the past few days , my hair has grown so I've been wearing the bow the anonymous person has been giving me. Today I was dressed with pink turtle neck top and black knee length skirt with butterfly necklace and butterfly loop earrings and boots. Modest and elegant. I even cut bangs , yes I look different everything has changed. I looked towards the crowd , I see james taking to Veronica and Elissa , because they were in art class. I don't understand why is James ignoring me , maybe I shouldn't have gotten drunk and been that close to him. The next day I remember asking him what's wrong. He said nothing and walked past me. My stomach was burning when Veronica held his hand and spoke. I thought he liked me but he seems more interested in Veronica.

I want to dig out my eyes and forget everything. Two months and seriously , we've been avoiding each other and I don't know what went wrong.

I tear open the letter

Dear Leah ,
Your dress , it looks so beautiful and your finally wearing the bow I gave you , I could hug you and kiss your face everywhere. I really want to tell you , I really want to reveal myself to you. But I'm waiting for the right time. please save yourself for me. You won't regret it.

Yours,
Anonymous.

Save myself for him ? My ass. I am a hopeless romantic still hoping for James to carry me and talk to me and hold me like he did in the party. I want him. No one else. I am getting obssesed , I should control this. Why am I breaking down at the thought of loosing him ?. What if I loose him ?. Leah come on hold your tears , not here not now I run to a desserted part of the hallway. Thats when someone grabbed my letter. Brendon.

"Why are you doing this to me ?" I tell at him. I am going to fight back this time.

"Chill apple pie , I just want to check out I'm bored" he smirks.

I reach out to the paper and he grabs my waist. The nerve. I push him away.

"Give it to me" I scream. He does this , he likes this , bullying me . this guy should rot in hell.

He slams me against the wall , I really wish Someone helped me but no one was there . He whispered in my ear "Me and Patrica broke up"

"That doesn't give you the excuse to invade my privacy"

"It does , and the reason being you" he smirked. I try to push him but he was too strong. Why is he doing this. why?.

"we didn't even speak Brendon then why ?"

"Leah I can't get you out of my mind okay ? Your right I love you Leah , the whole time I loved you , I played , play hard to get with you , then you seem to get closer with Steve ...and I heard u like James ? James are u kidding me ?" He said.

"You humiliated me " thats it ..thats it , my tears explode from my eyes , he pressed his body against me , rubbing My eyes wiping my tears. I push his hand away.

"Don't cry , don't push me away" he said.

Thats when someone pulled him away from me. I sqeezed my eyes shut as he threw a punch , another , and another. I open my eyes , by the time he was knocked on the ground. He got on top of him and punched his face even more.

My hands covered my mouth as I was crying. I was watching James hit Brendon , I watch my hate being displayed in front of me. My heart palpitating.

I dont stop him. No I shouldn't stop him but I grab his shoulder.

"James stop , you could get expelled, stop" I tell him. His eyes were angry.

He gets up , as I watch Brendon run away from the place. James grabs my shoulder , he wasn't wearing his specs , he watches my eyes as more tears dripped down.

"Hey , hey , please don't cry" he said looking at me carefully. I wiped my eyes "I won't let him touch you , I promise you" he said.

My face grew angry I looked away.

"Leah say something" he pleaded.

"Idiot , stupid , I hate you , I hate u so much" I say punching his Chest with my hands helplessly "I hate u James , I do, ignore me , go ahead, why are you here now ?" I tell him.

"I can't ignore you when you are crying , I can't ignore u when you are in trouble" he said.

"No you can , you did all this time" I said taking a deep breath. I cling to him grabbing his shirt , my head on his chest as I started crying so much. He wrapped his hands around me.

"I'm sorry Leah , I thought I would get distracted when I am with you. Like when I start talking to you , I don't want to stop. I need time , I hope you get what I mean"

I pull away from the hug. "Distracted ? When I'm with you ? You think I'm distracting you ?"

"No Leah , it's not like that , you don't distract me , I get distracted."

"What do you mean ?" I ask him .

"I can't say anything any further , but all I can tell you is I can't afford to waste time, because finals are just few months away , I can't risk it. I have to focus on studying" He tells me.

"So I'm a waste of time ?"
"I'm done explaining , bye"

"James listen..." I have feelings for you I wanted to say as I watch him go back into the crowd. I heard that he was black belt in karate, so obviously he'd beat Brendon down. I wonder what's going to happen, what if they expel him. What if his dreams are crushed by saving me. God please save him , he's an excellent student. But today's incident has given extra points to my 'he likes me bar' I can spend my winter holidays in peace.