69

Harry let out a small sigh as he leaned back against the wall, tonight was the night of the Yule Ball. Everyone else had gone into the hall to attend the ball while he and the other champions were waiting for their dates with the exception of Fleur since Blaise had come up with him.

Cedric Diggory was wearing some plain but good black robes, Krum was dressed in a red winter robe with a cloak hanging from his shoulders. Blaise was dressed similarly to Cedric, while Fleur wore a beautiful silver dress that perfectly showed off her alluring body. Harry was wearing black robes as well, though his had silver lining on his.

They were all standing and waiting for their dates, though everyone's eyes were on Harry who was leaning against a wall and flicking his wand in and out of his holster with a bored expression on his face.

"What are you doing?" Krum eventually asked after several minutes of silence.

"I beg your pardon?" Harry asked after putting his wand back in his holster.

"He asked you why you keep taking your wand in and out of your holster." Cedric replied.

"Oh, it's a habit." Harry shrugged. "Ever since I got my holster I've dedicated a small portion of my day practising taking it in and out, I do it every day."

"Why?" Fleur asked. "What would you do that?"

"Because he wants the speed," Blaise answered for Harry. "he can get his wand out and point it at your face before most of the students here can even reach for theirs." He said, he was about to say more but paused and looked past Harry. "I would say more but it seems like your dates are here." He added.

First came Cedric Diggory's date, a beautiful Chinese Ravenclaw girl who was a year above Harry. Harry remembered her as Cho Chang, the Ravenclaw seeker. She had her hair done up in a bun and was wearing a beautiful and white Chinese style dress. She greeted Cedric with a quick kiss before he offered her an arm.

"Everyone, this is my girlfriend, Cho Chang." Cedric said as he gestured to his date.

"Hello everyone." Cho said with a small smile.

"It's nice to meet you." Fleur said while Krum grunted out a greeting.

"Miss Chang." Harry and Blaise nodded just before another person arrived.

"Wow." Harry said under his breath as he looked at Daphne who had clearly put in a lot of effort to look nice.

She usually preferred to have her hair straight or in a ponytail, though he had heard her talking with the other girls about curling it up for some reason or the other, Harry didn't really see the point in doing that. Sure she would look nice with curled hair but she looked nice enough with her usual hair, and Daphne appeared to have agreed since her hair was straight as usual and descended to just past her shoulders, Harry was sure that she had done something to it though, it wasn't usually that shiny.

Daphne didn't normally wear makeup and the few times she did she would only ever wear a small amount of makeup, in fact she preferred to not wear any most of the time. Though today she was clearly wearing make up to accentuate her face, and it clearly worked since Harry found himself looking at her beautifully face. Her dress was light blue and showed the developing curves of her body while also bringing out the colour of her eyes.

"You're looking good." Harry told her as she stopped in front of him.

"Thank you," She smiled at his honesty, and it was clearly honesty. "you're not looking so bad yourself, Potter." She said just before Harry offered her an arm, she slid her hand into the crook of his elbow.

"Thanks, I'm sure that if Jet was here then he'd say you were beautiful." Harry replied.

"Where is the little snake anyways?" Daphne asked. "I half-expected him to be here with you."