24

"Wait, stop this madness for a sec." Harry said before he closed his eyes and focused. "Is my hair back to normal?" Harry asked Tonks.

"Yep." Tonks nodded, even though Harry couldn't see it. "Back to your usual messy self." She helpfully added.

"Thanks." Harry said with an amused snort as he opened his eyes.

"Yous be staying here." Flipsy said in a stern voice when it looked like the other elf was going to try and escape from here.

"Alright, you," Harry said as he pointed to the other elf. "what are you doing here? Fair warning, if you don't answer honestly then I will feed you to my snake."

"Flipsy is find this bad elf trying to steal Master Potter's letters." Flipsy said before the other elf could reply, Flipsy pulled out a trio of letters and held them in the air. Tonks quickly pulled her wand out and walked towards Flipsy, she cast several detection spells on the letters, once she decided it was safe enough she took them from Flipsy.

"Constant vigilance," She shrugged when Harry gave her a questioning look. "old Mad-Eye has been drilling it into me and the other aurors. I was just making sure that these letters weren't tampered with."

"Thanks Tonks," Harry smiled appreciatively, internally though he made a mental note to convince Tonks to teach him at least some of those spells. "so where were we?" Harry said as he turned to Flipsy. "You said that you stopped him?"

"Yes Master Harry." Flipsy said in a proud voice.

"Good elf, now push the other one into my mouth." Jet hissed.

"Yous be the great Harry Potter's elf?" The other elf asked in what was clearly an envious tone.

"Great Harry Potter?" Tonks repeated. "Looks like someone has a fan."

"Really? Harry Potter has fans? Would never have thought it." Harry said in a sarcastic voice before turning to the other elf. "What did you say your name was? Dobby or something?" Harry asked, remembering the fact that elves liked to speak in the third person and the fact that the elf had said it earlier.

"Yes, I's be Dobby sir." The elf said quickly as he nodded his head. "Dobby the house elf." He added.

"Why were you trying to steal my letters?" Harry asked while twirling his wand, Jet hissed at Dobby in a way that made it clear that there had better be a good explanation if Dobby wanted to leave this room alive.

"D...Dobby was trying to help the great Harry Potter!" Dobby said quickly.

"Help me how?" Harry asked as he stopped twirling his wand.

"It...it is difficult sir...Dobby is not knowing where to begin..." Dobby said in an apologetic voice.

"Look," Harry sighed. "why don't you just sit down and..."

"Sit down?" Dobby repeated before he suddenly began crying loudly.

"What the hell's wrong with him?" Tonks asked the room, everyone else just shrugged while Dobby continued crying.

"Flipsy." Harry spoke.

"Yes Master Harry?" Flipsy asked.

"Slap him."

"Yes Master." Flipsy said before delivering a quick slap across Dobby's face, causing an end to his crying.

"Thank you," Harry said to Flipsy before turning to Dobby. "what was all that crying about?" Harry asked.

"N...never has Dobby been asked to sit down...like an equal." Dobby sniffed as he wiped his eyes.

"R...right. Look, why don't you just tell me why you were trying to steal my letters?"