21

Harry, with Jet on his shoulders, found himself sat in a room with the Tonks family. After a bit it had been agreed upon that the Tonks family would be Harry's new guardians, of course a few people weren't that happy with the decision - three pink, toad shaped guesses on who that is - but eventually the Tonks family became Harry's guardians, which is why the group were given a private room so they could talk with each other.

"I am very glad that you've chosen to join our family," Andromeda smiled once they were all sat down. "I know you know our names so you can call me Andromeda and my husband Ted, there is no need for the 'Mr and Mrs'. As for my daughter..." Andromeda was about to say more but was interrupted by Nymphadora.

"You can and will call me Tonks." She said in a firm voice before countering whatever firmness she had with a smile.

"Alright...anyway before we get started I have to ask an important question." Harry replied as he calmly put Jet down on the chair next to him. "And that is the following: what in the name of sanity is happening with your hair?" Harry asked as he gestured to Tonk's hair which had turned pink the second they entered the room. "What kind of spell is that? I didn't see you use a wand, so wandless magic I'm guessing, am I right?"

"Well, it is wandless." Tonks grinned.

"Wow, you must be really powerful then." Harry said in an amazed voice.

"Well, I don't like to brag." Tonks said in a casual voice as she checked her nails. "But...yeah."

"I think what my daughter is neglecting to tell you is that she is a metamorphamaugus." Ted said in an amused voice.

"Dad." Tonks whined.

"A meta-what-a-magus?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A metamorphamaugus," Andromeda began explaining. "it used to be a common trait in the Black family a few hundred years ago but right now I believe that Nymphadora is the only one in the country."

"Mum, don't call me Nymphadora." Tonks complained, her hair turning red.

"It's a beautiful name," Andromeda said while rolling her eyes, "I don't see what the problem is."

"You're not the one who has to be called it." Tonks huffed as her hair turned back to pink.

"Harry, what do you think about it?" Andromeda asked Harry.

"Um...well...it's better than Harry." Harry replied, the large smile that appeared on Andromeda's face after his response let Harry know that she liked his answer.

"Anyway," Tonks said as she turned to Harry. "it's an ability that I'm born. and you have to be born with it, it basically allows me to change my appearance."

"Hmm, that sounds interesting but I'm guessing that there has got to be limits to it." Harry replied. "I mean you can't turn into someone as big as Hagrid, can you?"

"No," Tonks sighed. "and believe me when I say I've tried. I can do his face but not his body, it's too big. For the most part all I do is just change my hair color," Tonks said before her hair started shifting through several colors before returning to pink.

"Cool," Harry smiled before a sudden thought caused his face to shift into a thoughtful look. "um, quick question, can you change your hair length?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, why?" Tonks asked.

"Um...I think I might be a metamorphamaugus as well." Harry said after a short pause, causing all three Tonks family members to blink at him. "When I was younger my aunt kept trying to cut my hair and get it short but it would always go back to the same length as before, one night she cut enough of it to the point where I was nearly bald and the next day I woke up and it was back to normal. When I learned about magic I thought it was all just accidental magic, but with what you're saying I think it's possible I might be a metamorphamaugus as well. I mean it's a Black family trait and I'm apparently related to the Blacks, so...what do you guys think?" Harry asked.