6

Once people were able to get over the shock of having the boy-who-lived in Slytherin, the sorting continued. Blaise was sorted into Slytherin as well, but instead of sitting with Harry, Daphne and Tracy, had chosen to go sit next to a third year student. Harry and the girls shrugged it off, they were hardly best friends and Blaise probably knew the third year.

Once the sorting was done Professor Dumbledore stood up, his blue eyes twinkling as he began speaking to the hall.

"Welcome, welcome to all students, new and old. Now before we dig into our wonderful feast, I do have a few choice words for you all. They are Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you." He smiled before sitting down. Before Harry could wonder just how sane his headmaster was, something very magical happened.

Harry couldn't help but feel like he was in heaven when a wide variety of food suddenly appeared on the table, there was everything from ice cream to chicken to sweets and chocolates. Harry looked around and saw the other students all looked happy about it as well. Harry began eating, though he did notice how well mannered everyone else on the Slytherin table looked when they were eating, and he liked it. This was so much better than the Dursley's where his Uncle Vernon and cousin Dudley would just shove as much food into their mouths as possible while Aunt Petunia would sit at the side and calmly eat her little salad, like a giant fucking ugly bug.

Harry happily began eating, though he did pause when he spotted the Gryffindor table, specifically Ron eating his food as if he was afraid it would disappear if he stopped. It was a horrible sight, Harry could see the food dropping out of his mouth and into his lap and on the table. Harry glanced to his side and saw Tracy looking displeased by the sight of Ron eating.

"What are you looking at?" Daphne frowned before she looked behind her and saw Ron eating. "Ew." Was all she said before she turned back with a disgusted face before shaking her head and continuing to eat.

"Disgusting, isn't he?" Malfoy called from a few seats down. "I doubt his parents taught him any manners."

"Probably not," An older Slytherin agreed. "his brothers at least know how to eat without looking like animals."

"What do you think, Potter?" Malfoy whispered to Harry. Harry did not immediately reply as he chose to swallow his food first.

"I think...that I don't really care enough about Weasley to waste my dinner time discussing him." Harry replied before taking a sip of pumpkin juice, which didn't taste all too bad. "This is also the first night here, I'd like to wait before making any opinions."

"A very Slytherin answer, Potter." A fourth year said with an approving nod.

"Guess the hat is good at doing his job after all," Harry commented with a small smirk before he glanced back at Weasley. "and I'm thankful for that, if not then I might have been sitting there." Harry added, earning a laugh from the nearby Slytherin's.

"Well done, you are killing it." Harry heard Jet quietly hiss.

Everyone continued eating and talking until eventually everyone had finished eating, Dumbledore stood up again.

"Ahem," Dumbledore coughed. "yes, yes, I am glad you have all enjoyed yourselves. I just have a few more words before we retire for the evening. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of two red headed twins at the Gryffindor table, the twins simply smiled back. If Harry had to guess then he would say they were probably related to Ron.

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors." Dumbledore continued, he went through several more announcements before he got to the end of his speech. "And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."