17

Dumbledore followed Professor McGonagall into the hospital wing where he found Ronald Weasley laying in a bed with a bandage wrapped around his head and his shirt was pushed up so his stomach was exposed while Madam Pomfrey - the school nurse - had just finished putting some bandages around his midsection before picking up a potion.

"Drink this." She ordered before feeding Ron the potion, it was then that Dumbledore also noticed a big red mark on Ron's right cheek. Dumbledore looked around and saw Harry was standing and leaning against the bed opposite Ron's bed, he had his arms crossed while Jet rested on his shoulders, both looked bored and irritated.

"Perhaps someone should start explaining what happened." Dumbledore suggested, alerting everyone to the fact that he was in the room.

"He attacked me!" Ron shouted instantly as he pointed at Harry before wincing at the pain he felt.

"Calm down, you foolish boy." Madam Pomfrey ordered as she pulled his shirt down so it was covering his stomach. "I hardly need you to cause yourself another injury."

"It'd be kind of funny if he did though." Harry mused, earning a glare from Ron and a disapproving look from Madam Pomfrey. At that moment Professor Snape walked into the hospital wing, he took one look at Weasley and raised an eyebrow before glancing at Harry then giving Dumbledore and McGonagall a look that clearly said 'explain'.

"Mr Weasley, perhaps you can go from the start." Dumbledore said after catching Snape up on all that happened, giving Ron his full attention.

"I was walking down the hallway when he attacked me, for no reason." Ron said as he gestured to Harry with his head. Harry snorted in amusement before he could stop himself.

"Mr Potter?" Professor McGonagall turned to him. "Do you disagree?" She asked, her lips thinner than usual.

"I do disagree." Harry nodded. "And I am more than willing to tell my side of the story, and unlike Weasley over there I can expand my story beyond a single sentence."

"Well we are very interested in hearing what you have to say, Mr Potter." Snape drawled, as he stared at Harry.

"Well Professor, I had just come out of Professor Dumbledore's office and was walking back to the common room." Harry began explaining. "We had a very serious conversation and I was rather emotional and intended to go to my common room and spend some time to sort through my thoughts."

"A serious conversation?" Professor McGonagall repeated.

"A personal one." Harry replied, McGonagall looked at Dumbledore who nodded in response. The two appeared to be engaged in a silent conversation but eventually she nodded to him before turning to Harry and gesturing him to continue. "So like I said I was emotional and was walking back to the common room when out of nowhere Weasley tried to curse me, thankfully he wasn't able to hit me but he did fire the first spell. I then hit him with a stinging hex on the face followed by a disarming spell, unfortunately I overpowered the spell and he ended up flying into a wall. After that I quickly went to fetch Madam Pomfrey and informed her about what happened, she followed me to him and then she levitated him back. She then called you, Professor, then you called Professor Dumbledore and here we all are." Harry finished with a shrug.

"I can confirm the last part," Madam Pomfrey commented. "Mr Potter did indeed contact me and tell me the same story."

"I don't suppose Jet counts as a acceptable witness?" Harry asked Professor McGonagall.

"No," She said, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "no, he does not."

"Why the fuck not?!" Jet hissed in an offended voice.