Part 64. Shattered Illusions

A/N: Contains sensitive issues regarding mental health. 

"Rohit what exactly happened? What did Ryan do to you?", Jaddu asked softly. He knew this was also the time that Rohit lets it out at the same time. 

If they would wait for Rohit to share it, he would never do that because that's how Rohit is. 

"Jaddu, I--"

"You can Rohit, you have to let it out", said Ash softly. 

Before Rohit could say something, he noticed Virat waking up and turning to his other side which only made him groan in pain. KL got up immediately and helped Virat to sit straight to which Virat rested his head on the headboard breathing unevenly due to the pain. 

He removed Virat's hand from the wound, he checked if he had pulled the stitches. 

"Always saves you from one thing or the other, didn't change even in his drowsy state", Jaddu whispered to Rohit. 

Rohit just rolled his eyes at that. 

KL brought some medicine which he applied around the bandages on swelling area which will help with the pain. 

Jassi was holding Virat's hand caressing his knuckles to help him somehow as now he was sweating with the pain and uneven breathing. 

After half hour, he was a little better. Shreyas brought cold napkin to wipe the sweat off his face, "thanks", he said to everyone. 

No one said anything that he should not say thanks to them or anything like that. They didn't know what exactly was going on in his mind and what can affect him. 

"Feeling better?", Rohit asked softly to which Virat opened his eyes finally which were shut due to the pain he was feeling. 

Virat nodded and saw everyone around him, "I am okay", said Virat so that everyone would give a little space. He was having a hard time to get some air. 

KL understood it, so he just gestured to give a little space and not hover on him, "open the windows please", requested virat to no one in particular. 

Shreyas did it immediately and they gave him space leaving the room saying they will arrange lunch, KL and Ro were in the room with him.

"What had happened?", Virat asked after sometime. 

Rohit looked at KL, "what do you  remember last?", asked KL instead. 

"that conversation-- I-- I guess, it is also too-- blur", he said, still having some trouble to speak and he had no idea why was it, he was feeling extremely weak. 

"What about the tablets?", KL tried to control himself but from the time Aman had informed him about it, he was literally dying to ask him-- if it was otherwise-- he will never ever forgive Virat. 

"Where are your tablets Virat?", this time KL asked sternly to which Virat looked down. 

Rohit was just looking at Virat, scared about what was going on listening to stern voice of KL. 

"Look at me Virat, did you deliberately had it? Did you know what you were doing?", KL asked again. 

All he received was silence, "ANSWER ME VIRAT", yelled KL in frustration. 

Jaddu came in the room listening to the voice as other three had gone out due to some work. 

"What happened?", Jaddu asked, he looked at Rohit who had tears in his eyes and KL was fuming with anger. 

"Did you or did you not overdose knowingly on the medicines?", KL asked to which Virat, "I did it knowingly", he answered finally. 

As he said that, KL slapped him hard on his face. 

"Rah, K", Rohit and Jaddu yelled. 

Virat just put his hand on his cheek, he didn't feel bad about it as he had given KL that right. And he deserved it. 

KL just left the room not able to handle his emotions. 

Virat tried to get up to go behind him only resulting into a sharp pain in his stomach, Jaddu held him before he could fall. 

"Sit, you are in no state to go behind him", Jaddu instructed. 

"But--"

"I will check on him", Jaddu said and left the room. 

Jaddu searched for him in whole house, he was nowhere. Last he went to the terrace only to find him in a corner, crying-- burying his head in his knees, sobbing hard. 

Jaddu put his arm around him, he had absolutely no words how to console him, he was shocked himself. 

"I hate him", KL said sobbing with his head resting on his knees.