Part 43. Distressed

Rohit was still trying to get off the bed somehow but his legs were not cooperating. He was about to fall when two arms held him.

"Bhaiya what are you doing?" asked Shreyas holding him and making him sit properly.

Rohit saw Jassi and KL picking up Virat and Shreyas helping them immediately. They made him lay down beside Rohit.

"Give me first aid and K call the doctor, phone fell from my hands. I could not pick it up" Rohit said not looking at them to feel how much of failure he is, could not even help his friend.

Shreyas handed him the first aid.

Rohit cleaned his wound, he had moist eyes how he was just laying there and there was no reaction from him.

"Where is his bag?" KL asked to which Rohit pointed towards the cupboard.

KL searched his whole bag but there were no medications. He tried again but he found nothing.

"Rah what are you doing? Shouldn't we call doctor and consult him?" Jassi asked seeing KL finding something in Virat's bag.

"Ya we will, I have to just check something. Rohit, apart from this room, has Virat been staying anywhere else I mean another room?" KL asked.

"Ya the side one" Rohit answered and KL went there.

And he found the medicines on the bed. He noticed the count and called the doctor.

"How much?" Doctor asked.

"Three" KL answered rubbing his temple.

"You know the drill, do it. Once done, I will tell you what we have to do next" said the Doctor.

KL hurried to the kitchen and brought a jug of warm lemon water. He went in the room, Rohit had completed the dressing. KL made him sit in a position where Virat's head was on his chest.

He made him drink the water and rubbed his back to get it down his throat.

"What are you doing?" Rohit asked confused.

"I have to make him puke his medicines out. He had more than he should" KL said taking another bottle of warm water.

And it worked, KL helped Virat to the washroom and he puked everything out. He rubbed his back to ease it somehow.

"Rah?" Virat whispered as he noticed blur image of KL.

"I am here, let's get you up" KL helped him to the bed. He made him drink some normal water.

"Rah, you found him, did u find him? Rohit, please tell him to comeback. He will listen to you. Please, he is angry with me but not with others. Tell Jassi, he listens to Jassi, please tell him to comeback. I will do anything" Virat murmured in his semi conscious state.

Rohit was shocked to hear that. Even Jassi and Shreyas were not able to see that state of their Virat bhai.

"I will tell Jassi, I will talk to Rohit too. Don't you worry, get some sleep. I am here" KL caressed his forehead.

"Tell him to comeback please" Virat murmured again and dozed off after 10 mins.

KL covered him with comforter. He looked to see moist eyes of other three.

"Are you okay?" KL asked to Rohit as when they came he was about to fall from bed.

Jassi checked his arms and his back if there was any injury. There was a normal bruise to his arm.

"I was trying to take my phone to call the Doctor but it fell down" said Rohit as he saw three of them waiting for the explanation of the bruise.

Shreyas sprayed a pain relief spray on it.

"I know you are waiting for answers but it's really not my place to say. I can just say you going away from him and there was something else too he didn't share with me, it affected him very badly" said KL, as they were looking for some explanation.

"What medications?" Rohit asked.

"You should ask him when he wakes up Rohit, I can't help you in this. I cannot break his trust Rohit, I hope you understand. You just need to ask Rohit, he will tell you everything. He was literally dying to talk to you all these days" said KL leaving the room.

Shreyas and Jassi followed him after checking on Rohit if he needed something.

"Meal arrangement would be done by Virat. Once he wakes up, if u can arrange for us" Rohit said.

"Of course bhai" said Shreyas.

Jassi and Shreyas saw KL sitting in the hall burying his head in his hands. They could see his shoulders shaking which was clearly indicating that he was sobbing.

Shreyas took him in a side hug.

"I want him to be okay. I want them to be okay please" KL said desperately holding onto Shreyas.

"I know K, we will get them back together and okay soon. We will try our best K, don't worry" Shreyas and Jassi assured him.

In the room Rohit couldn't help but caress Virat's forehead as he was sleeping due to exhaustion.

"I am so sorry vi" said Rohit as a tear tickled down his cheek.

_______