Part 34. Ready to fix?

"What do you mean by nothing? Jaddu was so hurt by our actions and you don't feel anything", asked Rohit a little firmly trying to make him realise the emotions he should feel.

"It's nothing I haven't heard before Rohit, so it may be new for you not me" Virat said feeling tired of the conversations already, his head was bursting. 

"What do you mean?" asked Rohit. 

Virat rubbed his forehead, "I--", he started but his phone rang breaking their conversation. 

Rohit saw different emotion on his face, a soft one-- for the first time he saw it when Virat looked at the phone. 

Virat didn't want to pick it up infront of Rohit or anyone but he had to as he was feeling another panic and headache coming in, he didn't want to loose the track of events again so he picked it up, he knew it will calm him down. 

"A min" he said to Rohit and sat on the sofa picking up the phone. 

Virat knew he could not leave Rohit as he saw tears in his eyes due to Jaddu's outburst. 

"Hello" Rohit heard a normal "Vi" kind voice for the first time. Not literally, he did hear 'please' from him once but this was different, completely different. 

"What's wrong?" 

Virat was gonna say something but he noticed Rohit looking at him keenly. He had to avoid the details now. 

"Everything, I am loosing it" he said quietly. 

"I am coming there, 20 mins okay? dont worry", said the caller and Virat sighed, he didn't deny the person. 

Rohit noticed Virat keeping the phone and closing his eyes, resting his head on the sofa laying there, he looked exhausted. Till the phone call came, Virat was pretending to be unaffected and the moment the call came, he was different. 

"Who was it? Ab?" Rohit thought and couldn't help but feel the same jealousy feeling thinking that Virat was normal with Ab. 

After 30 mins, Rohit opened his eyes to hear some noise, he didn't even realise when he dozed off in sitting position. He rubbed his eyes to get off the sleep. 

Once he was fully awake, he saw someone shaking Virat-- telling him to wake up. 

"Virat, Virat get up", he heard the voice. 

"Hey Rohit" 

"K? Rah?" Rohit asked surprised by seeing him. But KL didn't respond, he just took the glass of water and sprinkled it on Virat's face to which he woke up. 

"Virat bhai" said Rah in relief. 

"Finally, u got up-- scared me" Rah said making Virat sit properly. 

Virat touched his hand and then his cheeks, "U came for real?", he asked. 

"Yes I told you right, whenever u need me", said Rah holding Virat's hand. 

Once Virat was fully awake, he noticed Rohit looking at him. He quickly composed himself which both KL and Rohit noticed.

"Need any help before I get your dinner?", asked Virat to which Rohit nodded in no, Virat left the room and KL followed him. 

Once Virat ordered the cook to make the dinner, KL took him outside and made him sit on the bench. He took a seat infront of him. Rohit could see them but he chose not to pay attention, he didn't know why it was hurting him. 

"You okay?" KL asked softly. 

"You know it already Rah, asking it again and again not going to change my answer-- I am tired", said Virat burying his head in his hands. 

Rohit saw Virat like that, it didn't surprise him as he had seen him like this for a while now but what shocked him was KL got up and side hugged him. Virat let him, putting his head on his shoulder. 

First time, he saw someone who was normal with Virat and Virat was not behaving like a robot with KL. 

Rohit's thoughts were broken by Mahi entering the room with dinner. 

"You knew KL was in touch with Virat?", asked Rohit before he could eat dinner. 

"I didn't know for sure but I had an idea seeing KL's behaviour towards others", Mahi said arranging the dinner. 

"What behaviour?"

"He calls me MS-- so with that you can understand that he is angry on me. But he is normal with Virat, doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. He called you Rohit if am not wrong", Mahi said forwarding him a bite. 

"He calls you BRo, right?" Mahi asked and Rohit nodded. 

"Where did Jaddu go?" asked Rohit, worried if he might end up drinking again.

"Team hotel, he is okay-- Jinks is with him"

"Ajju is here?" Rohit asked surprisingly. 

"Ya he will come tomorrow morning, he is keeping Jaddu in check, you know what I mean" Mahi said forwarding him last bite. 

"Aapko kuch bolna nahi hai bhai?" Rohit asked once the dinner was wrapped. 

"About?"

"Whatever happened?"

"I don't blame you that you chose this instead of talking to us, I don't know what was ur state then. But you and Virat surely took some decisions which hurt us Ro. You could have thought about us, how it would affect us? You left and unofficially also left the team and Virat did the same with us and with his family too as I am guessing. For the very first time-- you both crossed the level of stupidity and carelessness. Sorry to say it is gonna take a lot to fix it this time" said Mahi patting his cheeks and then left the room. 

That got Rohit into thinking about everything. Was he ready to share with everyone what had happened? How was he gonna fix everything?

"Let's go, it's dinner time for Rohit" Virat broke the hug and rubbed his face with his hands to compose himself.

"I already told MS to do that, don't you worry"

"When will you stop calling him MS? It's not right Rah" Virat said looking at him.

"I saw ur medications, you took an extra one which caused you to loose consciousness, so u have to be careful" KL said changing the topic. 

Virat sighed at that as they never talked about it. 

"You are the captain KL" said Virat making him understand but all he received was silence. 

Virat got up but KL made him sit, "Sorry, It will take time-- I will try to be normal with everyone but you can't expect that I will go talking like before", he said not wanting Virat to be worried.

"I understand", Virat said. 

"I miss you a lot" KL said and Virat didn't say anything, he just kept his hand on his to indicate he was here.

_______