Part 41. We got to try

The Doctors arrived and were checking Rohit. He was having a really hard time to not panic. But he had said to Virat that he will try.

Rohit tried to distract himself as he knew what was gonna be the result. He looked at Virat who was watching everything keenly and also noting down if there was anything informative.

They made him stand but Rohit could hardly stand on his feet, he was about to fall down when Virat who was standing infront of him held him quickly.

"Easy", said Virat, he made Rohit sit down properly.

Rohit thought he would have pity or something as an expression but all Virat was listening to the doctors, how they were explaining the issue.

But even if Virat didn't feel pity, Rohit was feeling helpless at his condition.

After an hour, the doctors left after having a brief discussion with Virat. Rohit was just silent throughout.

He knew this wasn't gonna work, he was just waiting for Virat to see it.

"Are you okay?" asked Virat, sitting beside him as he seemed lost.

Rohit just nodded at that.

Virat held his hand, "Ro, I know it is very difficult. Honestly, I can't even imagine what you are going through but we got to try, please", he said softly.

"You are here just because you want to fix me, right?", Rohit asked, he cursed himself for saying it out loud.

But he couldn't control himself, seeing Virat totally focused on the task, it seemed like that.

May be it was insecurities where he was trying to avoid seeing the care, all he could think was, Virat was here to fix me?

Virat left his hand at that, he stared him in shock.

Why would he think like that? all Virat could think about was that.

Did he again fail in assuring Rohit that he was not here to fix him, he was just for his friend.

Why it was hard for everyone to understand this? Why everyone doesn't trust him that whatever he is thinking or doing is for Rohit?

Now, Rohit too.

"I don't know if you are here for only that but if you are I must tell you, you are wasting your time. Nothing is gonna happen, this is permanent", Rohit said seeing Virat silent, which he had taken as yes.

"Nothing is permanent", Virat said and left from there.

______

"KL, we can go with this combination", MS suggested as they were having a discussion about the next match.

KL took the list in his hand and was going through it.

"Sure MS, looks good", KL said and they went in the team room after discussing some more about it.

Mahi sighed hearing MS again from KL but he couldn't say anything on that.

He was Virat's kid, more stubborn than him.

Everyone was present in the team room, "The team finalised for tomorrow's match is this-- any inputs", MS said showing them.

Ash and Jaddu had some suggestions. The juniors went for their practice session while the seniors were discussing the team and strategies, Ash, Jaddu, Jassi, Bhuvi, KL and Shreyas along with MS.

"MS I think we have to go with this approach", KL suggested showing him the stats from the analyst.

Everyone looked up in surprise, KL calling Mahi bhai-- MS.

"K?" Jassi asked.

KL asked seeing confused, "What?"

"Rah, why are you calling Mahi bhai MS?" Jaddu asked.

"I think this is the meeting for discussing professional matters not personal, so let's continue", said KL, getting back to the laptop.

"What is wrong with you?" Ash asked as he heard a completely professional tone.

Before KL could say anything, his phone rang.

"Hello, Virat bhai" he said immediately as this was not the time Virat calls, so it must be some reason he called.

He got up and went to a side without even sparing glance to others.

"Did you know that he is in touch with Virat?" Bhuvi asked to Mahi, Jassi and Shreyas.

"I had an idea but I got sure when he came to meet Virat at the farmhouse", Mahi explained and Jassi, Shreyas nodded in no.

_______

Virat went in the kitchen holding the slab, calming his breathing. He couldn't find his tablets, so his last option was to call KL.

"Hello, Virat bhai" KL called again to hear the breathing at the other side.

"Rah?", Virat called sliding down on the floor.

"Deep breaths bhai, you hear me, I am here", Rah composed himself and kept repeating until he heard normal breathing of Virat.

"Virat, u there?" KL asked being scared.

"Yes" he got a response after a min.

KL took a sigh of relief, "I can't find my tablets", Virat said.

"I will come and check, if not there will bring new ones, don't you worry", KL assured him.

"You able to stand up now?", KL asked after 5 mins.

Virat got up, had a glass of water, "yes, will check on Rohit. Thanks K", he said hanging up the call.

KL rubbed his face, he was so worried about Virat.

"You okay?" Jassi asked taking a seat beside him.

KL nodded, he saw everyone left except Jassi and Shreyas.

"We got to discuss something with you", Shreyas said once KL had some water and was calm.

KL looked at them in confusion.

________