Part 22. Changes

Mahi just saw Virat in deep thought. He kept hand on his shoulder to get him out of his thought only noticed that he flinched with that touch which shocked Mahi.

"Rohit ke paas jaana hai? It's been 15 mins, he must be needing something. Why don't you check on him?" said Mahi softly gaining Virat's attention.

"Dinner ka bhi time ho raha hai" said Virat noticing the time.

"Dont worry about it, I will make the dinner with Ash's help. Jaddu and Bhuvi bhi aa rahe hai"

"Bhai, Jinks se baat hui? When will he come? Rohit would feel much better with Jinks here"

"I informed him, may be with Bhuvi he will come in sometime. Go and check on Ro now"

Virat went out of the room and knocked the door of Rohit's room to get his attention as he had rested his head on the headboard with his eyes closed.

"Can I come or you need more time?" asked Virat.

"Virat ja yaha se, give me sometime alone! I need my space"

Virat just ignored him and sat on his bed.

Rohit got up to leave and noticed that door was locked.

"Dekh Ro, yeh my space and all, you know it doesn't go well with us so seedhe seedhe bata de what's wrong? Phir we will talk about it, watch friends, eat dinner and sleep. Faltu mai complicate kyu Kar raha hai"

Rohit just sighed and sat beside him keeping his head on his shoulder narrating him what was troubling him.

"Rohit! Are you okay?" asked Virat keeping his hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

Rohit nodded at him as he got out of his past thoughts.

"Is it okay if I ask you something?" Rohit asked Virat as he sat on the couch. Virat nodded to that.

"It doesn't bother you.. I mean u don't wanna ask this, my condition. And there is nothing u wanna say about it?"

Virat was shocked to hear that. Before he could even process it, Ash arrived in the room.

"Any idea where Bhuvi is? Not picking up" Ash asked Virat to which Virat stood up and thought for a min.

"There is no way anyone is gonna call me Ash but what is the day today" Virat asked and Ash showed in his phone, it's Friday, "And what are the further schedules?" Virat asked to which Ash gave him the calendar.

"They must be here" Virat took Ash's phone and gave him the location.

"Bhuvi too?" Ash asked shockingly.

"Not sure but may be to stop Jaddu or have one/two himself" Virat said and got seated on the couch again.

"How do u know?" Ash asked still not able to process it.

"I just know, go before they do something idiotic" Virat said and Ash went outside.

Rohit was just watching the exchange between then being puzzled about what was exactly going on and what was Virat talking about.

Mahi brought dinner for Rohit in the room which Virat took and placed it properly. And made sure he eats it properly.

"Roooo" they heard a yell once Virat was wrapping up the dinner things.

Virat just sighed knowing what was gonna happen and he can't even control it now.

Jaddu stumbled in the room and hugged Rohit tightly.

"He is drunk" Rohit said to Virat and Virat said to just hug him back.

"Veer dekh tera Ro mil Gaya" Jaddu said excitedly.

Rohit looked at Virat for any expression or reaction. But there was none. And then arrived bhuvi with Ash. Virat moved towards Bhuvi who was looking down.

"How many?" Virat asked in a quiet voice.

"Two, please don't be mad. You are not talking with me, *hiccup* what should I do" Bhuvi said slurring on his words and was stumbling when Ash left his hold on him. Virat steadied him and Bhuvi leaned on him.

"Bring lemons Ash" Virat said and dragged Bhuvi to the couch along with him.

"Ro tujhe pata hai yeh tera Vi hai na humse baat nahi karta!" Jaddu said whispering to Rohit but it was fairly audible to both of them.

Rohit looked at Virat who was just making Bhuvi drink water and patting his back to stop the hiccups.

"Tu bol Na usko, please Ro sab thik kar de! Tu kabse Gaya hai kuch bhi thik nahi hai" Jaddu mumbled and dozed off holding onto Rohit.

Virat made Bhuvi sleep on the couch and then made Jaddu lay down properly. He gave Rohit his medicines, then went to Ash saying not to bring lemons as they dozed off already.

"They will be okay in the morning, don't worry! Do u need anything?" Virat asked to which Rohit nodded in no.

"Sab thik kar de Ro" That was echoing in Rohit's ears along with everything else.

______