Part 27. Something

"Virat please don't.. it's paining, I am your friend. Why are you doing this to me? You have become a monster"

"I am a monster?", said Virat, laughing.

"You are a monster, you destroyed me, you destroyed my friend's- sorry best friend's life. You are not my friend, I have- had only one friend and now he is not here with me, why? just because of you" Virat said dangerously.

"I didn't do anything" that person begged.

"Stop lying, I have all the proofs" said Virat, in no mood to spare him.

"Please Virat, no- Ahhh" person screamed in helplessness.

Rohit saw Virat shaking his head violently and sweating profusely, it seemed like he was having a bad nightmare or something. It was almost 3 am. And Virat's heavy breathing and restless voice had woken Rohit up.

"Virat, Wake up! Virat!"

He called but there was no response. He wanted to help, he couldn't see Virat like that. He was fidgeting his legs and shaking his head so much that it was literally hurting him.

Rohit took the water from side table and emptied it on Virat's face. It was cold water which was surely gonna wake him up.

Till Virat comes to his senses, Rohit was thinking how strange everything is specially Virat's behaviour.

Sometime back,

Virat stood up to check if the medicine had taken effect on his body. He looked at his hands which had stopped shaking. And then tried to walk out of the room, it was okay.

But the next thing he didn't realise what happened, he was in Rohit's room.. Rohit was saying something and all he could see was his lips moving and then the room was tilting.

Rohit who was angry at Virat, saw Virat coming in the room.

"Virat?" He called as Virat seemed dazed, his gaze was not focused.

Rohit again tried, "Virat? Can you hear me?"

For Virat everything was so hazy, blurry that he just lost his control and landed flat on the bed, not completely but more than half of the body was there, so he was not going to fall.

"Virat", Rohit screamed in fear seeing him falling like that.

Mahi and Ash entered the room hearing that.

"He just collapsed on the bed like this, what is wrong with him?" asked Rohit, so tensed about him.

Ash and Mahi first made him lay properly on the bed and covered with the comforter, only to see him sinking into that.

"He is sleeping, may be he is not getting any sleep that's why" said Ash, taking a guess.

Mahi saw Rohit's tensed face, "Still we will have doctor come and check on him, don't worry", said Mahi, assuring Rohit.

Mahi and Ash left the room, Rohit just glanced at his side seeing Virat in such a deep sleep.

"No, I can't wait for anyone now.. Mahi bhai has been on the backfoot a lot waiting for Virat to open up or God Knows what. I have to act myself" Rohit thought seeing Virat sleeping like a dead body.

But then suddenly Rohit looked at his legs, he can't even move by himself, how is he gonna help Virat, his be.. friend.

He rested his head on headboard as a tear tickled down his eye once again feeling nothing but helplessness.

When he looked at Virat, "No this time I won't let it happen, i can't fall weak, I will help him somehow", thought Rohit looking at Virat.

He took his phone and called someone, requesting them to come to the farmhouse.

Back to present time,

"U here with me?" Rohit asked once Virat was looking more aware of his surroundings.

Virat looked at the time, "Oh no, did you have dinner? What about your medications? How the hell I am sleeping? When did I sleep? How are u awake? Did I wake you up", said Virat, panicking at that point.

"Virat, relax.. everything is done! No u didnt wake me up.. I just couldn't sleep", Rohit said softly, which calmed Virat down.

Rohit saw Virat who was nervously fidgeting his fingers, "What do you want to ask me?", asked Rohit, knowing him atleast a little.

"How did I come here? Like how did I sleep, here?" asked Virat, nervous to know what had happened and what Rohit had seen.

"Umm.. you dozed off while reading something", Rohit said and Virat just nodded at that.

"Why don't you lay down and get some sleep, its just 3 am? I am sorry I woke u up or not", Virat said apologizing.

Rohit lay down on the bed and thought tomorrow he is gonna get to know what is wrong, atleast some hints.

Virat just sat there with support of the headboard, "Did I take extra tablets?", he thought.

________