Part 63. Resilience

Jassi, Shreyas and Ash got Rohit home in one car followed by Jaddu, KL and Virat in another. Virat was resting his head on Jaddu's shoulder. Jaddu had to keep an eye on him as he was trying to touch the wound again and again. 

"Veer, I will have to tie your hands now, stop scratching the bandage", said Jaddu firmly holding his hands.

"It's-- itching", complained Virat trying to get his hands out of Jaddu's hold. 

"Just 10 mins, we will reach home and apply medicine", Jaddu replied rubbing his knuckles with his thumb to soothe the pain somehow. 

"Which home? I-- I don't have home", whispered Virat leaning against Jaddu. No one said anything, Jaddu just held him properly.

After sometime they reached the farmhouse, Jaddu woke Virat up. KL and Jaddu, both helped  him to get down and took him to Rohit's room as Rohit had requested that Virat stay with him. 

Virat let out a loud groan of pain as they made him to sit on the opposite side of the bed, which worried them all. 

"Vi! Is it hurting a lot?" Rohit said, gently massaging his arm as Virat was gasping from exhaustion. Virat simply nodded, his eyes closed from the pain.

KL went in the kitchen and got some juice for him to have his pain killers. Jaddu helped him drink it as he had zero energy even to hold a glass. Jaddu helped him lay down properly and then left the room with KL to get some rest himself. 

Virat was not able to turn to his side which was making him uncomfortable. 

"Vi, stop moving you will open the stitches", said Rohit caressing his hair softly. Virat just opened his eyes and saw Rohit staring at him in concern. 

"What happened?"

Virat just nodded that it was nothing, Rohit so wanted him to say something but he didn't instead he just closed his eyes and dozed off after sometime. 

Rohit  just rested his head on the headboard thinking did Virat even remember what had happened with him. How was he so disoriented? KL would knew something, he need to ask him. 

After an hour, Rohit called KL in the room, "All okay?", KL asked. 

"You are okay now?", Rohit asked instead to which KL said yes. 

"Tell me honestly K, how is Vi so disoriented that he didn't even remember what had happened? And how do you know those doctors?", asked Rohit, concerned about what was going on with his best friend. 

KL called others too, Ash, Jaddu, Shreyas and Jassi. He knew it was not his place but now he wants Virat to get better and not worse due to which he has to share what was going on. And he knew that together they can help each other. 

Virat was in deep sleep due to medicines, holding onto Rohit's hand. He had turned onto his right leaning his head on Rohit's arm. 

"So Aman is my friend and also a surgeon, Maya is his wife who is a therapist", KL began explaining them. 

"So Maya is Virat's therapist and by that-- I mean, Is Virat seeking therapy?", Jaddu asked. 

KL nodded at that, "from when?", Rohit asked. 

"3 months everything was okay, okay in the sense-- he was fully concentrated to find you. Day and night he used to travel, use his contacts for finding you. With team also he was responsive, little on the frustrating side, used to snap a lot but it was our Virat", KL explained. 

Rohit felt a bit guilty how Vi and the team worked so hard to find him but were not successful, before he could even think of how he was responsible for this, Virat moved a little getting his attention. 

That action made him think that it was of no use to feel guilty now, Virat needed him, Jaddu, Rah, they needed him

And he needs them too, more than he could imagine. 

"And in these three months he used to go somewhere alone too without informing anyone, last 15 days in these three months he stopped talking to the team, he pushed everyone--"

"He used to meet Ryan, he told me how he was suspicious of his actions, once he was sure he followed him to know what was going on", Rohit completed that with what Virat had shared with him. 

KL acknowledged that and continued further, "He used to return back to the hotel or his home at the end of the day, if he is going far away he used to keep Anushka Bhabhi informed in that case. But that particular day, neither did he call nor his phone was reachable", he said. 

"The day when he got to know that Ryan was responsible behind my disappearance, that he had hurt me to an extent where he destroyed everything and knowing it was also the reason he was pushing everyone away", Rohit said as a lone tear tickled down his eye. 

"As we were having an off season, everyone went to their hometown. I was in Mumbai as Athiya had some commitments, so Anushka called me. I tried to search him a lot, did not find him anywhere and then I found him--", KL said remembering that day. 

"in that club where me and Virat went for the first time", Rohit completed it. 

"That club, it is so old-- I remember how Mahi bhai scolded Virat so much and you jumped to defend him", Jaddu said remembering that incident. 

"Ya and he narrated you everything, how proud you were of him when you came to know he punched a guy and not to forget jealous too"

"Jealous of what Rohit bhaiya?", Shreyas asked interfering their conversation.

"That I will steal Virat away from him", Rohit said chuckling with moist eyes remembering those days. 

"You did steal him though", Jaddu said, for the first time it was not a taunt or anything. Rohit saw how Jaddu looked at him with a smile, pure adoration for him and Virat. 

"You wish but I could never Jad, there was just space for everyone in his heart and I just fitted right in there along with you and everyone else", Rohit said returning the smile and then looking at Virat, how this idiot manages to bring smile on their faces in such tense circumstance with the idiotic things he does. 

"Yes, you are right, I could not understand it for sometime but I do now. But you cannot deny that for you it is different", Jaddu said winking at him. 

"I am special that way", Rohit grinned which made everyone smile.

They didn't know how they just fell into a comfortable presence altogether. In the same room, sitting at the same places except Virat, where they had fought for their own emotions, now figuring out and helping each other's emotions. 

Where they could come in terms with how being together and understanding can bring that peace, that solace they have been searching for past one year or so.