Part 23. Outburst

"Where are you going?" Rohit asked Virat seeing him covering Bhuvi with comforter and keeping the necessary supplies which they will need in the morning. Same for Jaddu he did.

"In another room, there is no space here" said Virat stating the obvious.

"But what if I need.." Rohit said but stopped himself.

Virat went outside after waiting for a min to let Rohit complete his sentence but he did not.

"You" whispered and completed Rohit as he went outside.

Virat didn't come back for almost an hour, Rohit was too tired to stay awake. He wanted Virat to comeback but he could hardly understand what he was thinking. It was so difficult to get through him, back in the day if anything Virat was too stubborn to share, his eyes would give it away but today it was not the case, his eyes were empty. Rohit just slept waiting for him to come back.

Next morning,

It was Rohit whose sleep broke first. He noticed the time at the side table, it was just 7 am. He saw Jaddu and Bhuvi sleeping soundly. He was just waiting for Virat to come and help him but then noticed on his side of bed, there was a mattress on the floor. When he gazed the top of it, Virat was there.

For the first time, Rohit actually saw him sleeping. In these 2-3 days whenever he stayed the night, Rohit always saw him wide awake, reading a book or gazing the stars.

He still looked so dull, even in his sleep. There was some kind of difference even in his sleep pattern. He was curled in a ball, knees close to his chest, eyes shut so tight that it literally were giving wrinkled signs.

"Sab thik kar de Ro" again echoed in Rohit's mind. He saw Jaddu and Bhuvi, remembered their drunk state. Ash and Mahi trying to keep themselves together and helping Virat, in any way they can. And Virat, lost as ever he had seen him.

"U awake? Quite early it's only 8 am" Ash said entering the room with Mahi.

It's been one hour, he was thinking everything.

"When did Virat came here?" Rohit asked them, because when he slept Virat was not here.

"After midnight" Ash informed him.

"Can you help in freshening up and in my wheel chair, I want to go outside in the lawn" Rohit asked both of them and they helped him immediately.

The time they were helping him, all Rohit did was search pity and sympathy in their eyes and actions. But all the could see was genuine love. Love for him.

"Here is your breakfast" Ash said placing it and three of them started to have breakfast together.

"How did you know, I liked oatmeal this way?" Rohit asked because once Virat made it and no one knew it, not even Ritika.

"Virat prepared it and stored in refrigerator yesterday, he made it" Said Ash getting back to his breakfast.

"When will he wake up?" Rohit asked having his breakfast, relishing every bit of it.

"Around 10" Mahi answered him to which Rohit was very surprised, "10? Virat? Are you serious?" Asked Rohit. Mahi nodded to that.

"Tell me more about it" Rohit asked.

Mahi was happy about that as Rohit was asking and taking part in conversations.

"It's a pattern which we have observed, it's rare that he sleeps like before when he used to follow his routine. But when he sleeps now it's till late like 10! We don't know what it is" said Mahi informing him what they knew.

"I can't believe this bhai, he knows everything about everyone like where did Jaddu and bhuvi go yesterday. How would you or for that matter even me, he knew what we need or how we are! But you guys don't know anything about him" snapped Rohit more than he should.

"And why would we? Why would we know anything about him?" Jaddu said coming there. He took a cup of coffee and sat beside Ash who was already saying him to shut up and don't utter nonsense.

"What the hell do you mean?" Rohit asked still feeling that anger about everything.

"What do I mean? We didn't tell him to take break from the game and take unofficial retirement. We didn't tell him to vanish and Just come whenever we had ur update. He didn't even try to find you, we were working our ass off to find you. He gave up, he gave up hope that we would ever find you. And lastly not to forget after your fight with him only you disappeared, so it means he is somewhere responsible for this" Jaddu said it for once.

"He didn't even think that we would need him after you disappeared. But no, he was too busy in victimising himself. So, why would we— sorry let me speak for myself, why would I bother about him now" Jaddu said having all that emotion and anger in him.

Rohit couldn't believe it, the things Jaddu was saying. He just couldn't.

"I am not gonna say anything because clearly u need ur brain get checked up. One thing, I am making it very clear, he is not responsible for my condition, not even a slightest bit! Understand?" Rohit asked a little sharply.

Jaddu just rolled his eyes. Rohit felt so bad hearing all that. He just tried to turn his wheelchair to go inside again but was not able to do it.

Suddenly a hand supported him, he knew it was Virat. Virat slowly kept his hand on his and pushed the wheel together to go ahead.

_______