Part 21. Helpless

'Virat pass me the water' Virat heard Rohit's demand for the nth time.

It was dinner time and from afternoon Rohit was calling him from small that means absolutely little things even if it is reachable to Rohit, still he would call Virat for help.

Virat didn't know how to feel about that. It didn't seem natural to him because it was always 'Virat' he called. He didn't expect him to call him Vi but it just feels alien whatever was going on.

But anyway he had accepted that his life is never gonna be same, as he himself has destroyed it with his own hands.

'Virat where are you lost? Pass me the water' Rohit asked seeing him lost in thought.

Virat took the glass of water but suddenly it was again that episode of shaking. He held the hand with his other hand to keep it steady. But unfortunately till the glass reached Rohit the shaking just kept increasing and the glass of water spilled over Rohit.

'Ohh I am so sorry! I am sorry!'

Rohit didn't say anything and just kept observing Virat's panicked expression. He was trying to understand what was going on with Virat.

Virat brought some paper napkins and kept drying Rohit's shirt.

'It's okay' Rohit said quietly seeing Virat not calming down anytime soon.

'No no it's not'

Rohit held Virat's hand which were still shaking and made him sit down. Virat was struggling in his hold but surprisingly Rohit's grip was too tight for him.

'Leave please, I should clean this'

'It's nothing Virat! Calm down for a sec' Rohit said softly but it was hardly helping Virat.

'I should send Mahi bhai, I can't help you with this, I can't do this. You will get hurt because of me'

'Virat stop!' Rohit said sternly to stop his rambling. Rohit felt for a sec that he should be happy that Virat reacted something but he wasn't, instead he was scared how panicked Virat seemed.

'Why are your hands shaking so much?' Rohit asked calmly after a min when Virat was a little bit normal.

'I don't know' Virat said and took his hands back as Rohit's grip has loosened on it.

'Virat what is going on?' Rohit asked wanting to know what was wrong.

'It's nothing, I will just send Mahi bhai' said Virat and got up to leave but stopped as he heard Rohit's voice.

'Don't go' Virat turned and saw Rohit was trying to get up but was unable to. His upper body was off the bed where Rohit had held the side table for support but his legs were still on the bed which caused him to fall half on the floor.

'Rohit!' Virat yelled seeing him like that. He rushed to help him back on the bed.

'Are you hurt?' Virat asked checking his arms but Rohit didn't say anything.

'Leave me alone for a minute please' Rohit requested not looking at him.

Virat ensured first that he was sitting properly with support and then he left the room.

Once Virat left the room, Rohit rested his head on the headboard feeling extremely helpless.

'I could not even get up to stop him. I am not able to console him, I am not able to help him! I am so useless' this was just repeating in Rohit's mind the whole time.

Virat came outside Rohit's room and went to his room to see Mahi there. For the first time in last 8 months, Virat went ahead and hugged Mahi tightly startling him. Once Mahi recovered from the shock and surprised he hugged Virat back.

'Cheeku?'

'I can't help him, I don't have it in me anymore. I am so useless as a friend. I am unable to do anything to make him feel better. I am again gonna loose him bhai' Virat said in the hug and a lone tear tickled down his eye.

Mahi tried to broke the hug but Virat just didn't let him.

'Please' he heard Virat whisper to which Mahi just hugged him again.

'You are not gonna loose him Cheeku. If he wanted to go away again he would have but instead he called you back that means he wants us, he wants you here kiddo. He wants his best friend by his side. You can't fall weak now. You can help him and yourself too' Mahi said rubbing his back in attempt to console him somehow.

Virat just broke the hug and wiped the single tear which had rolled down his cheek.

_____