Part 25. Worried

Virat's room,

Before he could even process what Mahi had said, his phone rang.

"Is the work done?" Virat asked as he picked up the phone.

"Yes sir" the other person on the phone replied.

"Good, u will get your money" Virat said and hanged up the call.

"Finally" Virat whispered to himself and splashed his face with water.

"Where is Virat?" Rohit asked once he woke up and found Mahi bhai in the room sitting in the chair beside his bed reading something.

Mahi helped him sit up properly. Rohit was just looking around and at the door.

"He is here only Rohit, in the other room. Don't worry, he will come in sometime" Mahi said as he saw Rohit looking for Virat. No matter how much they both deny, it's so obvious that they needed each other, to heal, to recover from the pain the situation had given them.

Mahi just shook his head at them fondly, their friendship-- it was just above anything else and he just admired it. For bringing them back, Mahi needed to be a little harsh on Virat. He knew Virat was not okay but he also knew for the fact that only Rohit's own recovery can make Virat okay.

"Did u say something to him?" Rohit asked knowing that look of Mahi.

Mahi raised his eyebrows in surprise and asked, "Why do you think that?"

Rohit didn't answer that but he didn't know why Virat had not come in the room yet. What did Mahi bhai say to him? Was he okay?

Virat came inside the room, Rohit looked at him and observed that Virat just looked more pale now. His eyes were already empty but now his face was more dull.

Mahi saw him and noticed that too, he was not that harsh to Virat that he looked so devastated or different. It looked like he could collapse any moment.

Mahi decided to give them space to talk hoping Virat would talk to Rohit after what Mahi said to him.

"Virat?" Rohit called him as he was standing at the door staring at him or if he clearly looked it was his legs, Virat was staring at the wheelchair and Rohit's still legs.

It made Rohit very uneasy.

Virat just sat on the chair which was on Rohit's bedside.

"The person who did this is dead" said Virat robotically.

Rohit was shocked to know that, it would be understatement that he was shocked. He didn't even think that Virat knew who did this, but he knew. He clearly underestimated him.

"You didn't - Virat you didn't do anything, right? How is he dead Virat?" Rohit asked nervously because he knew till what extent Virat could go for his loved ones even though he was not himself right now.

"He got what he deserved" Virat said.

"I asked how is he dead?" Rohit asked more sternly.

"He was stabbed"

"Who stabbed him?" Rohit asked again.

"Me! I did it" said Virat having a murderous look in his eyes which Rohit had never seen.

"You - you?" Rohit asked again but this time Virat didn't respond anything.

"Virat, look at me! You did it? Are you for real? What are you saying?" Rohit asked making him look up at him.

"Do you really think I would never find out? And he will be free after what he did to you?" Virat asked removing his hand from his jaw.

Rohit looked at Virat keenly and was just surprised, shocked or even numb at that point of time, who was this person? It was not his Vi! He seemed blinded by anger and rage. May be revenge too.

He was worried about Virat now.

_____