Part 31. Hurt

'Why don't you get some sleep?' said Virat, was sitting on the couch reading something. 

'Not getting any sleep yet, Can I ask you something?' Rohit said. 

There was this thing which was bothering him a lot and he was meaning to ask Virat. But he was hesitant to do that as he saw how he panicked earlier and how blank his eyes were, it was making it difficult. 

Virat sighed at that, he couldn't even say no to him. 

'Okay' said Virat keeping the book aside. 

'Did you-- I mean Did u really give up hope of finding me?' asked Rohit not looking at him, as he didn't if he would be hurt if Virat said yes. He didn't know what would he feel when he would say no. Deep-down he was hoping he would say no.

Virat was shocked that Rohit asked this question. There was something he felt, hurt may be that he asked this. But who was he kidding, everyone had been the same with him all this time. Thinking this that he gave up, he didn't care-- but today the thing that Rohit asked this made him believe nothing was same now. 

He was a fool who thought that Rohit would never ask this listening to others. But he did, he did today. 

'Yes, I did' said Virat not even bothering to look down or something. He said it very firmly. 

Rohit's heart broke but what was he expecting? For Virat to keep finding him when he himself distanced himself from him. 

'Anything else?' asked Virat to which Rohit nodded in no and closed his eyes. 

Virat's phone rang and he moved out of the room. Rohit was confused and hurt. 

'Hi', greeted Virat.

'Why are you sounding like that?'

'Sounding like what? It's nothing' Virat replied back trying to compose himself. 

'If you are not gonna tell me, I will come there and drag you back with me' 

'It's just-- I don't know' said Virat sighing at the tone of the person, he had to give in. 

'What is it?'

'It's hurting a lot, I can't say no and it is just hurting me back' Virat replied sitting on the bench of the lawn. 

'I know, it's hard for you-- just a few days okay, once he recovers you can may be take a break' 

'I have no idea what am going to do'

'Did you have ur medicines?' 

'Ya I did-- there was some problem' said Virat.

'What problem?'

'I don't remember if I had extra dosage or something like that-- something is weird, I slept for almost 10-12 hours and I don't even remember how'

'Okay, I have the details anyway so let me check on that. No need to think so much about it-- you know what to do when u are confused between reality and hallucination, keep ur phone close' 

'Ya okay' answered Virat.

'Do you want that I should come there?'

'No-- no I am okay'

'Let me rephrase Virat-- do u need me there?'

Virat didn't know what to answer on that. 

'I will inform if I do, I should go' 

'Take care Virat'

Virat hanged up the call, rubbing his face with his hands. He went back in the house and saw Mahi there. He was gonna just ignore and go in the room but stopped hearing his voice.

'Virat, a min?' 

Virat turned and sat down on the couch infront of him, 'Yes?' 

'Have you thought about what I said, Rohit's recovery?' 

'Yes I did, I have talked to few of my contacts-- we should get a response soon' said Virat not looking at him. 

'You have to be there with him in all this, he is the most responsive to you'

'Sure' said Virat in a tone which Mahi hardly understood. 

'What have you thought about other things?' 

'What other things?' 

'The team, the game-- everyone else who love you' asked Mahi softly this time. 

'I am not getting what you are trying to say, what is there to think about it' 

'You dont want to come back?'

'Come back where?' Virat asked finally looking Mahi in the eye, 'where? you tell me?' 

Mahi saw a flicker of hurt, betrayal too. Virat just got up to leave from there not even waiting for Mahi's response. 

__________