Part 15. Confusion

"He doesn't want us - me with him, even not to visit him. So, take care of him, yourself and my little princess. I tried but as usual I failed again. Sorry that I kept you away from him and gave false hope about him being okay. Clearly, I don't have it in me anymore. Sorry to Sammy too, she was hoping that her Chachu will make it okay but I didn't. Bye" Virat said this to Ritika who had tears flowing from her eyes.

Ritika hugged him before he could turn and leave.

"I am not that good friend Rits, I am so sorry" Virat said hugged her back.

At that moment, Ritika could feel the pain instead of feeling distant with Virat. She could feel that emotion which she didn't since the time he had arrived.

She could feel that it was their Vi, it was Ro's Vi.

Before she could say something, Virat had already broken the hug and left.

Virat didn't know where to go. What was his existence anymore?

He was not playing the game. His team hated him. His friend held him responsible for Rohit's decisions. He never said it openly but all Virat could feel was that he was responsible for all this mess.

He sadly chucked how empty his life was just as empty the road infront of him. He was walking aimlessly on the road. There was no destination where he could go to. There was no one by his side who could walk him through.

"Virat" he heard that voice again. He turned around but there was no one. He was alone. And again he was hallucinating Rohit's voice.

Did he hallucinated the whole meet with Rohit?

But it felt so real.

He met Ritika now, it was real right? He asked himself but all his mind responded with a white fog which was not clear for him to see whether the answer was yes or no.

It was just fog all around. His mind was so confused with Eve that he tried to clear it but he couldn't see anything. He couldn't understand the difference between things.

"Vi it's real, I am here with you" that voice again.

But where was the source of that voice. Virat ran to find it but it was nowhere. Before he could clear the white confusion fog, he could see some black spots in front of him. And everything was dark, just as his life.

_____

"Jaddu calm down" Ash said seeing him pacing from the time they had arrived to practice sessions.

Jaddu rubbed his face in exasperation, "You know Ash, we give so much important to these two na, Rohit and Virat that without them our life will not go on. That we are incomplete without them, no it's not that anymore. I am gonna learn - I don't need them", he said in rage he was feeling for both of them.

"Jad, listen to me! You are not thinking straight right now" Ash tried to explain.

"There is nothing to think. Rohit clearly pushed us away, Virat was never present since Rohit disappeared, playing the victim role clearly, that he is the most affected person because of Rohit's disappearance. Gaining sympathy, even Rohit was more responsive to Virat than us" Jaddu kept blabbering.

Ash sighed at that. He could feel what he was trying to say but the words he was choosing to say it were wrong.

"I am going to practice. Atleast that is constant in life" Jaddu said and left from there.

Ash sat beside Mahi, "what happened bhai?", he asked seeing him worried.

"Virat, he is not picking my call. Ritika said he had left 2 hours ago. And the hotel we were staying in, he didn't check in yet" said Mahi worriedly glancing on his phone.

"Bhai, Virat did this previously too. But he came back always in sone hours" Ash said trying to calm him down.

Mahi sighed, "but that was different Ash, we didn't find Rohit till then. He had something to comeback to. But today - Rohit has pushed him away again. Will he come back again? I am not so sure" he said dialling Virat's number again.

"Why is Rohit doing this? I am seriously confused, doesn't he realize even a bit that being with his team, his family he will be okay, slowly but surely" Ash said feeling frustrated with all the things.

"I don't think he realizes it himself Ash. He is just adamant on the fact that our lives is gonna affect if we be with him" said Mahi rubbing his face due to tiredness.

Before Ash could say something, Mahi's phone rang.

"Virat, Cheeku where are you? I am worried" Mahi said immediately seeing the caller I'd.

"Yes this is he" Mahi answered confirming that it was him on the call. It was not Virat but someone else.

"Ohh okay, ya I am coming" Mahi said hanging up the call.

"What happened bhai?" Ash asked as he saw Mahi hanging up the call.

Mahi focused on calling the car and then just said, "Come with me, will tell you on the way"

They drove off.

______