Part 30. Progress

Rohit broke the hug when he noticed that Virat's breathing was normal.

What scared Rohit the most was that a simple question caused him so much anxiety and stress, what was going to happen when he lets out everything.

He noticed Virat had kept hold on Rohit's hand and didn't leave it. He looked lost in thought.

*Past*

"You are drunk?"

Vi- No I am exhausted, you should be able to differ between both of it Anushka.
He said sitting on the couch.

Anushka- I thought only I was on the first name basis, now u are too. No I can't differentiate because I don't know you are anymore Virat!

Vi- Ofcourse!
He chuckled.

Anushka- No, u don't get to this. Putting me in guilt as you are the one who have distanced yourself from us! So don't u dare put the blame that I don't know u anymore!

Vi- I didn't do any such thing so kindly stop accusing me! My head is bursting anyway.

Anushka- great! So tell me Virat when should we talk? Ha? Early morning u leave and u comeback late at night.

Vi- Anushka...
He was going to say something but stopped.

Vamika- Mumma..

Anushka went towards Vamika who was leaning on the door rubbing her eyes as she was sleepy. She took her and made her sleep in her bed again.

She came back in hall only to see Virat sitting there with his head buried in his hands. Before she could say something. Virat began...

Vi- I don't know if I am the right person and this is the right environment in which our daughter should grow up. So I think I should leave!

Anushka- No Bubs please, you are getting it wrong. This is not what I meant when I said what are you doing, it's just I can't see you like this... broken!
She said holding his hand as she was so shocked to hear that.

Vi- No no you are right, I am a mess.
I have no idea when I will come out of it honestly. If I never find him, then.. I can't drag you and my daughter in this hell of mine, I should leave... that's better for everyone!
He said removing her hand.

Anushka- No please Virat, please don't leave!
She yelled but Virat was already gone.

*Present*

Rohit waited for like half hour to hear something from Virat. He was expecting that he might say something.

He looked so lost. Rohit was gonna say something to get him out of his thoughts but stopped when he noticed Virat looking at him.

Vi- I... I left her, I left them.
He said choking on the words and emotions which were coming back to him.

Rohit held his hand more tightly on that hoping that he would say more, share more.

Ro- Where did you live? U didn't go back to the team! So where did u go?

Vi- Random places! Anywhere where I wouldn't.. I..

Ro- wouldn't what Vi?

Vi- Nothing.
He said turning his face.

Rohit wanted to ask him but he thought this was so much progress than before. So he asked something else.

Ro- Do you want to talk to Vamu?

Virat looked at him in shock but then composed himself and nodded in no.

Rohit didn't know what but something in his heart broke when Virat denied meeting his little one, his daughter.
Ro- Why?

Vi- I just can't...

Rohit noticed again that he was breathing unevenly. So he decided to drop the topic for now.

Ro- okay, calm down! Vi, listen to me! Here look at me... breathe in and out. Take it easy.

Virat followed his instructions, he felt so exhausted again. He hated this after feeling so he always avoided to discuss with anyone.

Ro- why don't u lay down for sometime?

Virat nodded as he badly needed that. When Virat got up to leave the room, Rohit don't know what came over him.

Ro- why don't u shift here? Like in this room.
He said without thinking.

Vi- What..

Ro- ummm... it would be easy for you to manage things. So I don't know.. may be.. if u can..

Virat just nodded at that and left the room. Rohit released his breathe and called Jassi, Shreyas.

Ro- you both were right I have to talk to him.
Jassi and Shreyas smiled that.

Ro- I still need a help.

Jassi- what is it?

Ro- can you please find out if Virat is visiting any doctor or any.. umm.. therapist!
He asked hesitantly.

They both looked each other being shocked.

Ro- I am not sure about it just try to find out this or if he is taking any medication or something.

Shreyas- don't worry bhai, we are on it.

Ro- no one else should find out. There is reason I said this to you and not Hardik.
He said seriously to which they both assured him and they will keep it to themselves.

Shreyas hugged him, "take care bhai, of you and Virat bhai! Aap hi ho jo Hume humare Virat bhai wapis de sakte ho"

"And Rohit bhai bhi" Jassi added.

Rohit just patted his back not knowing what to say.

Shrey- See u later bhai.
They said and left the room.

Virat came in the room bringing his luggage and then came back bringing Rohit's meal.

Rohit was happy that Virat agreed to him. They was some or don't know it just felt huge progress today.

_____