Part 7. Numb

The door opened at the end and all except Virat entered. Rohit took a deep breath when he saw them. He saw the love, concern and longing reflected in their eyes for him.

Mahi couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Rohit. It was his little brother! He was finally able to see him after all these years. He was alive!

Rohit noticed Virat was not there, there was Jaddu, Mahi, Ash and Bhuvi.

Rohit said, not looking at anyone, "Can you shut the door? I do not want Virat seeing me like this."

Mahi attempted to speak to Rohit, but Rohit only lowered his eyes and said, "Please, I don't want to meet him", to which Mahi walked towards the door.

"What happened? He is upset? Bhai?" Virat asked seeing Mahi at the door. 

Virat looked really nervous now. He looked at Mahi with a sad expression on his face. Mahi said, "Cheeku, Rohit doesn't want to see u, I am so sorry!" and shut the door before Virat could say anything else. He knew Virat would say something and he wouldn't be able to shut the door.. 

Mahi turned and slowly went to Rohit's side as Jaddu, Ash and Bhuvi were still in shock.

"Ro?" Mahi said softly, stroking his head, and Rohit hugged him around the waist, sobbing uncontrollably. 

"Bhai?" Rohit said between sobs. "Ha? I'm here", he said, comforting him.

Virat was standing shocked outside the door. 

Rohit had denied meeting him, did he hear correct? 

"Virat?" Ritika called him as she saw him alone, "your hand what happened? it is swelled", she asked worriedly.

"Jaddu broke the door and went inside with others" said Virat seeing her questioning gaze, "it will be okay", he said referring to his hand. 

"I should do now what we discussed", Ritika said seeing him determined. 

"We can try for 1-2 days, I will keep u updated", Virat said back assuring her. 

Ritika, "Why are you standing here alone?", she asked confused about him being outside while everyone was already inside. How could he stand here so patiently not wanting to know about Rohit?

"I was waiting for you and Sammy", Virat said hiding what Mahi had said to him, he didn't even understand himself that why he was outside. He was still processing that Rohit didn't want him here. 

Ritika nodded and prepared to leave, "Virat, one thing!"

"Ya", Virat turned his attention towards her. 

"You must be very patient, when I say a lot it really means infinity", Ritika said.

Virat thought on the past year and realised that he had grown a strong sense of self-preservation and a great deal of patience in the face of Rohit's absence, something he should have done sooner when he fought with him.

Where was his voice when he wants to say all these?, he could not help but think himself. 

"Virat, where are you lost?", asked Ritika not getting any response from him. 

"Nowhere, ya I understand what u said", Virat said agreeing to her. 

Virat was sitting in the living room thinking where he went wrong that Rohit didn't want to see him. 

Jassi and Rishabh came downstairs, Virat told them to try and see they are allowed in the room. And surprisingly they were allowed too but Virat wasn't. 

"Chachu, am I going to Nush chi and Vami?", Sammy asked coming down after sometime. 

Virat made her sit on his lap, "yes kiddo, you are going to Nush chi and Vami, I will call you as soon as work is done", he said softly. 

"Chachu, will Dada be okay?" Sammy whispered in his ear.

"I will try my best bacha, if ur Dada talks to me", he said the last part to himself. 

Sammy hugged him and left with Ritika, Virat made all the arrangements, "Take care", Ritika said. 

"Don't worry", Virat said assuring her. 

Virat took a deep breath as they left. He was so clueless standing outside the room. 

Meanwhile in the room,

"Rohit, what is going on? Why are you crying?" Jaddu asked being impatient. 

Rohit didn't answer anything but kept holding on to Mahi. 

"Rohit, we have been searching for you for a whole year and now you are here! And you won't tell us what happened! Please" Jaddu said again.

Seeing Rohit's state, "Jaddu, enough now", said Mahi sternly. 

Rohit was sobbing hugging Mahi when Jassi and Rishabh entered.

Ash looked at them, "Virat bhai sent us", Rishabh replied. 

"What's going on Ro?" Mahi asked softly. 

"I.. I can't walk anymore", he said and cried again in helplessness.

Everyone was shocked and numb to know that. Mahi just held Rohit in his arms as he cried in pain and agony, everything he felt at that moment or fair to say in whole year.

______