Part 38. Two sides

Everyone was waiting for Rohit to begin whatever happened but Rohit's whole attention was just focused on Virat. He noticed Virat was getting more and more restless as the time passed. He held his hand in attempt that he will calm down.

"So to begin with, first the most important thing is that this is not an accident but it was done by someone on purpose", said Rohit taking a deep breath.

He had to get it out of his chest, that it was done by someone. He heard gasps of shock from others and literally could feel guilt rushing into Virat's whole demeanor.

"Vi listen, believe me he is not a good person! I know he is your childhood friend but trust me when I say this, he means harm to your loved ones" Rohit's words were getting repeated in his head.

Rohit looked at him only to see him zoned out. It scared him to the core to see him unresponsive just in a second.

"Vi, Virat" Rohit called him softly.

Everyone was looking at Virat as they heard Rohit.

Rohit hesitantly cupped his cheeks to get his attention, "Focus Vi, you are here with me", he said extremely softly.

Virat felt himself to sense Rohit's touch and breathed a sigh of relief.

"I am sorry, please go on", said Virat.

"How do you know this is done by someone and who is it?" Jaddu asked ignoring the interaction between them. He was not insensitive but he knew they had each other.

Virat looked at Rohit who was not sure what to say.

"It's my childhood best friend who has done this, you can go ahead and blame me" said Virat robotically.

"Vi!" Rohit yelled a little to knock some sense into his brain but Virat didn't react anything.

Others were just processing what they said. It was Virat's childhood friend who was responsible for Rohit's condition.

Rohit had said it but now all he felt was pain. Pain which he felt at that moment, it was repeating in his head.

"Please" He could hear his own voice in his head, pleading to the person to leave him.

Virat saw everyone looking at Rohit, he turned his gaze to him. He was zoned out which was not normal.

"Rohit" Virat called softly but there was no response.

Virat looked at Mahi trying to make him understand or convey something. He hoped that he would understand like before, he was glad that Mahi did. Mahi gestured everyone to leave the room for a moment. They closed the door on their way out.

Virat touched Rohit's shoulder to which Rohit pushed his hand back, pushing Virat away, "don't come near me", he yelled.

Virat was shocked for a second. He composed himself in a second.

"Rohit listen to me" said Virat going close to him but Rohit pushed him again.

Rohit was still stuck in his own head. He could feel the pain and the helplessness he felt at that time.

"please, please leave me! Virat would not forgive you" Virat heard Rohit whispering to himself.

Virat felt so helpless at that moment. But he was not gonna loose it now, Rohit needed him.

Virat went near Rohit, he pushed his hand but he still sat beside him.

Virat slowly held his hand, put his other hand on his shoulder, "Ro" he said softly yet firmly.

"Ro, see here! Focus you are here with me, your Vi!" Virat whispered with all the warmth he had in his heart at that time for Rohit. Seeing Rohit like that, he was scared and scared to death.

At that moment it hit him, how Rohit could try his best to solve everything even if it means causing him the deepest pain, causing him to remember the trauma he suffered.

Virat could feel tension release Rohit's body as his shoulders slumped a little. Rohit collapsed emotionally with his head on Virat's shoulder.

Virat patted his back of the head, rubbed his back to calm him down. After 15 mins he could feel Rohit's breathing was normal.

"U called me Ro?" Rohit whispered in the hug.

"Ya I did!" Said Virat, if that meant to get Rohit normal! He could do anything.

Virat broke the hug and made him sit properly. Rohit didn't leave his hand instead he gripped it tightly.

They couldn't help but think how there were two sides of emotions they felt about each other today. First it was Virat and now it was Rohit.

______